PDA

View Full Version : I wish I would have found this forum earlier

Oak-As 916
05-09-2008, 04:39 PM
I was 240 lbs but was not into bodybuilding or anything like that, I just played football. I was strong for my age at the time; 15 years old, benching 300 and squatting 400. I decided once I quit playing football to lose all the fat and did so but I lost a TON of muscle, because I had no idea the proper way to diet. I was only eating like 80g of protein a day and no fat almost all carbs. I still was working out hard and everything though. It's unfortunate I did not find out about this site earlier or I would have done things proper and maybe be swole instead of where I am at now. I am glad I did find this forum however because I have learned a lot, and now I can do things the RIGHT WAY!

willldabeast
05-09-2008, 05:10 PM
I was 240 lbs but was not into bodybuilding or anything like that, I just played football. I was strong for my age at the time; 15 years old, benching 300 and squatting 400. I decided once I quit playing football to lose all the fat and did so but I lost a TON of muscle, because I had no idea the proper way to diet. I was only eating like 80g of protein a day and no fat almost all carbs. I still was working out hard and everything though. It's unfortunate I did not find out about this site earlier or I would have done things proper and maybe be swole instead of where I am at now. I am glad I did find this forum however because I have learned a lot, and now I can do things the RIGHT WAY!
a lot of info is helpful, but take everything you hear with a grain of salt and dont let this forum turn you into an obsessed psycho when it comes to food

boyscouT
05-09-2008, 05:11 PM
Welcome to bb.com :).

Glorious Pies
05-09-2008, 06:46 PM
a lot of info is helpful, but take everything you hear with a grain of salt and dont let this forum turn you into an obsessed psycho when it comes to food
That's right do your own research to, and don't believe anything you read here without doing some of your own homework too.

Sorry to hear man, good luck with that!

MikessekiM
05-09-2008, 06:51 PM
Same here. I got rail thin, but granted I wasn't strong when I was fat. I'm happy I found this site when I did, its like a hobby.

Oak-As 916
05-10-2008, 11:31 AM

Thanks.

KTHNXBYE
05-10-2008, 11:40 AM

good advice. repped.