PDA

View Full Version : Post your favourite LOW G.I. meals

believethebend
05-08-2008, 11:19 AM
I've got issue with extreme insulin sensitivity and weight gain, and I think I may kill someone if I have to eat another plate of brown rice and chicken. We all know about the usual low g.i. cuisine, so post up some more exotic stuff, preferably sold at the local grocery store. I need to get some flava back on my plate!

Thanks!

The Solution
05-08-2008, 11:22 AM
Sweet Potatoes <-- best things ever
Oats
Quinoa
WW Breads / Wraps
Veggies
Fruits

Keep it easy

Sweet Potatoes + PB n cinnomn + Chicken or any lean meat, or drop the PB and have some steak/salmon

Oats + Eggwhites/Eggs (if you need the fat) + PB (witjhout the eggs for fat) + Cinnamon + Splenda and add in diced veggies

theoryTim
05-08-2008, 11:23 AM
Some form of potatoes would be mine. sweet potatoes ideally..

believethebend
05-08-2008, 11:25 AM
For a hyper sensitive person such as myself, what baseline number should I not go over when attempting to consume only low GI foods? 40ish?

theoryTim
05-08-2008, 11:26 AM
For a hyper sensitive person such as myself, what baseline number should I not go over when attempting to consume only low GI foods? 40ish?

Kind of hard to answer. Some people react so differently than others. Sort of a trial and error like thing you must set up for yourself.

The Solution
05-08-2008, 11:28 AM
u wont be eating that food alone so having it in a meal will totally alter the GI of the whole meal resulting in it to be lower, so dont stress it 1 bit.

gainmusclefast
05-08-2008, 11:30 AM
Sweet Potatoes <-- best things ever
Oats
Quinoa
WW Breads / Wraps
Veggies
Fruits

Keep it easy

Sweet Potatoes + PB n cinnomn + Chicken or any lean meat, or drop the PB and have some steak/salmon

Oats + Eggwhites/Eggs (if you need the fat) + PB (witjhout the eggs for fat) + Cinnamon + Splenda and add in diced veggies

where do you find your sweet potatoes? only place i can find is at walmart for like a dollar each thats expensive!

theoryTim
05-08-2008, 11:31 AM
where do you find your sweet potatoes? only place i can find is at walmart for like a dollar each thats expensive!

Yep that's where I buy mine. It's expensive but for what your getting (taste AND nutrition wise) they are worth it IMO. Even mashed potatoes with a glass of MILK don't yield as many carbs as one sweet potatoe. Sweet potatoe is including the skin which I too like.

Sixpack
05-08-2008, 11:37 AM
Oats, blueberries, PB, chicken

-Aaron-
05-08-2008, 11:37 AM
Oats, blueberries, PB, chicken

Yikes. :eek:

theoryTim
05-08-2008, 11:40 AM
Yikes. :eek:

What's wrong with blueberries? They are low-gi fruit.

-Aaron-
05-08-2008, 11:41 AM
What's wrong with blueberries? They are low-gi fruit.

They're fruit to begin with.

theoryTim
05-08-2008, 11:45 AM
They're fruit to begin with.

Lol no offense or rudeness intended, but just cause their fruit doesn't mean they should be shut out for someone looking for low-gi material... Fruit is good for you and blueberries are included in that. There are plenty of low-gi meals out there including n' incorperating fruits. Maybe you should google and research a little.

Include your fruit if you so wish.

beaul
05-08-2008, 11:46 AM
KC-strip and 16oz of fibrous veggies would be the winner for my favorite.

Distance
05-08-2008, 11:46 AM
steak and eggs

-Aaron-
05-08-2008, 11:58 AM
Lol no offense or rudeness intended, but just cause their fruit doesn't mean they should be shut out for someone looking for low-gi material... Fruit is good for you and blueberries are included in that. There are plenty of low-gi meals out there including n' incorperating fruits. Maybe you should google and research a little.

Include your fruit if you so wish.

I was being facetious... There is a dogma about fruit lately on this forum.

theoryTim
05-08-2008, 12:02 PM
I was being facetious... There is a dogma about fruit lately on this forum.

Yeah those are the same people that think a cup of whole milk will make them fat overnight hehehe. All good =]

Dr. Horse
05-08-2008, 12:39 PM
http://cafeaman.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/04/03/avocado.jpg

+

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/2890967/2/istockphoto_2890967_spoon.jpg

That's what I just had for lunch, anyway. Delicious and good for your arteries.

The Solution
05-08-2008, 12:52 PM

i got 5 .....8oz sweet potatoes today for 1.55$

Local grocery store :)

-Aaron-
05-08-2008, 12:53 PM
I have to be the only one that hates sweet potatoes. :o

Greater Deity
05-08-2008, 12:54 PM
I have to be the only one that hates sweet potatoes. :o

I believe this.

Anyway, I get mine at WalMart... and the price seem to go up every time I visit that supercenter. I have got to find another place to shop; because I really don't like some of the genetically altered food, though, who doesn't make that these days huh? :D