PDA

View Full Version : I pitty the Mavs, Suns, Nuggs, and the Rockets

JuanDenver
04-27-2008, 10:52 AM
Youve had your chance for quite some time now and it looks like your chance is over. Good luck in advancing in the playoffs or even making it for the next five years....Portland will gladly take over from here on out :)

USAviator
04-27-2008, 10:56 AM
Why so serious?

JuanDenver
04-27-2008, 10:59 AM
Why so serious?

Just so many pitiful teams in the west as of now. Denver is probably the worst with dallas coming in as #2.

robogain
04-27-2008, 11:00 AM
how often are u going to tell us portland is a contending team now , everyday u create a new thread

JuanDenver
04-27-2008, 11:02 AM
how often are u going to tell us portland is a contending team now , everyday u create a new thread

Its not my fault dood...just reality.

sillz100
04-27-2008, 11:12 AM
Its not my fault dood...just reality.

wouldn't surprise me if portland doesn't make it next year. Just because they out-played their expectations this year doesn't mean adding oden will give them an automatic playoff berth in a hard conference. They might need 50 wins like you'd need this year.

why so ez?
04-27-2008, 11:13 AM
Lakers Baby Lakers

sillz100
04-27-2008, 11:15 AM
Lakers Baby Lakers

lakers look good. they might walk through the playoffs. its not just cause they are playing the 8th seed.

sammy21
04-27-2008, 11:16 AM
I think it's going to be the Lakers and Spurs doing the dominating for a while...with the Hornets possibly contending as well.

Scorpion613
04-27-2008, 11:45 AM
I think it's going to be the Lakers and Spurs doing the dominating for a while...with the Hornets possibly contending as well.

kobe has a good 5-6 years left and duncan has another 3-4... but the thing with Duncan is that this guy never gets old, I wouldn't be surprised to see him playing at this same level at 36 or 37 years old... the same goes with Kobe too.

DubV
04-27-2008, 12:13 PM
Portland sucks. They had a big win steak and fell off the map shortly after that. If Greg Oden is all he's cracked then maybe they'll be a force to be reckoned with.

iamlegend
04-27-2008, 12:35 PM
Portland sucks. They had a big win steak and fell off the map shortly after that. If Greg Oden is all he's cracked then maybe they'll be a force to be reckoned with.

He wasn't to much of a force in the NCAA tourney. Too much foul trouble.

If it wasn't for several missed free throws and some quick guard play he wouldn't have made the sweet sixteen.

In addition, the guy doesn't have too much of a noodle. The owner and coach came down on him for playing pick up games too early.

user4564987513218741321
04-27-2008, 01:08 PM
Rockets are fcking horrendous. They make the playoffs every year and lose in the first round. They thought they were tough **** drafting Yao number 1 in the draft and look where it got them. NO WHERE. lol they then thought getting mcgrady would help. NO WHERE. Im not sure who else came out of that draft but im sure that there was another player who is dominating some team right now a lot more than Yao. It is even worse that they were number 1 in the west and had that long winning streak and now there about to lose again in the first round.

Lakers Baby Lakers

Arent u not allowed to have an avatar that isnt u??

johnny87
04-27-2008, 01:27 PM

If it wasn't for several missed free throws and some quick guard play he wouldn't have made the sweet sixteen.

In addition, the guy doesn't have too much of a noodle. The owner and coach came down on him for playing pick up games too early.

not too mention hibbert kicked his ass in the tourney. only guy h really played his size and got outplayed.

Prezidential
04-27-2008, 01:32 PM
Portland will compete for the 7th/8th spot next year; their future is bright, but so are the Sonics/TWolves who are bound to get a stud in this year's draft and team him with guys like Durant and Jefferson.

SomeoneStopMe
04-27-2008, 01:44 PM
suns still have 1 still solid year, and then idk about the last year with shaq and nash, should be interesting.

then maybe a 1 year rebuilding.

captain_marvel
04-27-2008, 02:13 PM
Mavs- still have a solid 4 years left in them. Dirk is only 29, Josh Howard is only 27, both are great IMO and the core of that team. Kidd will be gone in a few years but the Mavs showed that they are stil great with Terry running PG.I dont see them winning a champioship but they'll be in the playoffs contending for the next 5 years. Avery Johnson is a coach I like alot and I see Mavs doing decent as long as he is around.

Suns - . I see Nash playing another 4 great years. Stockton played at a high level past 40. Amare is still pretty young has alot to learn but a huge talent. As long as the Suns hold onto him they'll be at least a decent team. Barbosa is young. Shaq will retire in two years when his contract is done IMO but the Suns are better without. They need a big man who can play D but is also mobile at the same time. This team still has a 3 year window IMO and maybe more depended on who they try to add to team to surround Amare.

Rockets? - this team will still be good another 5 years def. Yao is just comming into his prime, T-Mac still has alot of years left in him and this team has more good young role players than any team in the league IMO. This teams window def isnt closing but rather opening up since they're learning to play as team and are dedicated on Defense. In fact, Mutumbo is the only one I see leaving soon.

Nuggets - They have the talent, the right players - Solid defensive post players like Camby and Martin, Great talent in Iverson, Anthony. This team is just not dedicated defensively and are not on the same page offensively nor defensively. This team probably has the easiest problems to fix but the least likely to fix imo. This team wont ever go anywhere with that coach and those selfish players so I agree on this one.

Portland - I see some low seed playoff apearance definately but thats it. Spurs, Rockets, Suns, J will still be around for awhile. Ducan, Nash Nowitzki, Bryant still have plenty of years. Trailblazers are a slightly overacheiving bunch and Oden will add on to that some but with the ammount of more talented better coached teams in the West. We havent even mentioned the Lakers, Hornets or Jazz yet who are all still better than Portland. Portland isnt going anywhere soon.

robogain
04-27-2008, 02:16 PM
i see the warriors being a contender next year easily if they get a big man that can bang on the boards and score like elton brand

JuanDenver
04-27-2008, 02:17 PM

lol @ all but writing him off from even though he brings his team to the championship game in just one year. u mad cuz he stylin on you?

johnny87
04-27-2008, 02:20 PM
lol @ all but writing him off from even though he brings his team to the championship game in just one year. u mad cuz he stylin on you?

im sure the other 2 first round draft picks had no effect at all in that.

iamlegend
04-27-2008, 02:22 PM

Sorry, just like the title of this thread-I don't understand retard.

JuanDenver
04-27-2008, 02:30 PM
im sure the other 2 first round draft picks had no effect at all in that.

Sorry, just like the title of this thread-I don't understand retard.
yah....u mad..

Wts9V9kIKH4

sillz100
04-27-2008, 02:48 PM
i see the warriors being a contender next year easily if they get a big man that can bang on the boards and score like elton brand

its downhill for the warriors...... sorry to say.(aware ellis is amazing) The fuss that happened in the last few weeks of the season will go a long way in what is going to happen in the off-season + next season.

dirtyram
04-27-2008, 11:50 PM
Rockets are fcking horrendous. They make the playoffs every year and lose in the first round. They thought they were tough **** drafting Yao number 1 in the draft and look where it got them. NO WHERE. lol they then thought getting mcgrady would help. NO WHERE. Im not sure who else came out of that draft but im sure that there was another player who is dominating some team right now a lot more than Yao. It is even worse that they were number 1 in the west and had that long winning streak and now there about to lose again in the first round.

Arent u not allowed to have an avatar that isnt u??

U can just go f*ck yourself. They lost 2 games in houston w/o there starting pg. Alston is still injured along with tmac and battier. Yao is a great player...i dont know what u have been watching. Y r u talking **** abt the rockets anyways. there are a whole lot of teams that r worse. a 55-27 record this year isnt crap either. In short...go f*ck ur mother....Have a nice day!

JuanDenver
04-28-2008, 12:22 AM
Mavs- still have a solid 4 years left in them. Dirk is only 29, Josh Howard is only 27, both are great IMO and the core of that team. Kidd will be gone in a few years but the Mavs showed that they are stil great with Terry running PG.I dont see them winning a champioship but they'll be in the playoffs contending for the next 5 years. Avery Johnson is a coach I like alot and I see Mavs doing decent as long as he is around.

Suns - . I see Nash playing another 4 great years. Stockton played at a high level past 40. Amare is still pretty young has alot to learn but a huge talent. As long as the Suns hold onto him they'll be at least a decent team. Barbosa is young. Shaq will retire in two years when his contract is done IMO but the Suns are better without. They need a big man who can play D but is also mobile at the same time. This team still has a 3 year window IMO and maybe more depended on who they try to add to team to surround Amare.

Rockets? - this team will still be good another 5 years def. Yao is just comming into his prime, T-Mac still has alot of years left in him and this team has more good young role players than any team in the league IMO. This teams window def isnt closing but rather opening up since they're learning to play as team and are dedicated on Defense. In fact, Mutumbo is the only one I see leaving soon.

Nuggets - They have the talent, the right players - Solid defensive post players like Camby and Martin, Great talent in Iverson, Anthony. This team is just not dedicated defensively and are not on the same page offensively nor defensively. This team probably has the easiest problems to fix but the least likely to fix imo. This team wont ever go anywhere with that coach and those selfish players so I agree on this one.

Portland - I see some low seed playoff apearance definately but thats it. Spurs, Rockets, Suns, J will still be around for awhile. Ducan, Nash Nowitzki, Bryant still have plenty of years. Trailblazers are a slightly overacheiving bunch and Oden will add on to that some but with the ammount of more talented better coached teams in the West. We havent even mentioned the Lakers, Hornets or Jazz yet who are all still better than Portland. Portland isnt going anywhere soon.
You just flushed all of your impartiality down the drain lol.

BorntobeBig
04-28-2008, 12:31 AM
knicks anyone?
continue being the joke of the NBA

JuanDenver
04-30-2008, 01:50 PM
ohhh ya :cool:

Tex24
04-30-2008, 04:41 PM
U can just go f*ck yourself. They lost 2 games in houston w/o there starting pg. Alston is still injured along with tmac and battier. Yao is a great player...i dont know what u have been watching. Y r u talking **** abt the rockets anyways. there are a whole lot of teams that r worse. a 55-27 record this year isnt crap either. In short...go f*ck ur mother....Have a nice day!

u mad?

duece49
04-30-2008, 04:45 PM
rockets completely healthy is a whole different situation, they were without a starting pg, and are still without their star center, Young team with plenty left in the tank, they are on the rise, not a decent

rocketfish11
10-04-2010, 07:43 PM
Youve had your chance for quite some time now and it looks like your chance is over. Good luck in advancing in the playoffs or even making it for the next five years....Portland will gladly take over from here on out :)

Strong bump is strong.

you mad OP that you drafted Oden instead of Durant?

you mad the Rockets and Mavs are still better then Portland?

21Classic
10-04-2010, 08:03 PM
As long as Nash is playing, suns have an outside shot

He makes everyone around him substantially better.

Amare hurt us more than he helped, couldnt play D or rebound. anyone can score points.

Suns still have a opportunity.

JTrain306
10-04-2010, 11:29 PM
As long as Nash is playing, suns have an outside shot

He makes everyone around him substantially better.

Amare hurt us more than he helped, couldnt play D or rebound. anyone can score points.

Suns still have a opportunity.
This thread is from 2008

super bump

21Classic
10-05-2010, 12:33 AM
This thread is from 2008

super bump

damn

my post is still relevant to right now lol

NoobThumper
10-05-2010, 12:39 AM
Strong bump is strong.

you mad OP that you drafted Oden instead of Durant?

you mad the Rockets and Mavs are still better then Portland?

Nah, Roy is a smarter player than Durant. Would much rather have him and the POTENTIAL of an eventually healthy top 10 center than a 30 ppg chucker like Durant.

Rockets and Mavs are getting older, neither is better than the Blazers. Yao will re-injure himself (again), and Kidd + Dirk are getting old fast. Their time is over. Western conference is all about the Lakers, Blazers, and Thunder for the next 4-6 years or so. None of the other teams will really stand much of a chance. (I do give the Warriors a shot at joining the group, w/ Curry + Ellis + Lee they have a chance of being pretty good themselves before long)

Pretty Boy Floyd
10-05-2010, 12:45 AM
Nah, Roy is a smarter player than Durant. Would much rather have him and the POTENTIAL of an eventually healthy top 10 center than a 30 ppg chucker like Durant.

wow strong denial and homerism! LOL at "chucker"

cant we all just be reality and admit than if given a chance then the Blazers wouldve grabbed Durant over Oden?

thamagik
10-05-2010, 12:52 AM

Rockets and Mavs are getting older, neither is better than the Blazers. Yao will re-injure himself (again), and Kidd + Dirk are getting old fast. Their time is over. Western conference is all about the Lakers, Blazers, and Thunder for the next 4-6 years or so. None of the other teams will really stand much of a chance. (I do give the Warriors a shot at joining the group, w/ Curry + Ellis + Lee they have a chance of being pretty good themselves before long)

brah, I'm from Houston and don't have a bias toward the Durant/Roy debate... you're crazy. Durant looks like he will continue to be a beast for a decade plus. Roy is good, but he's 4 years older and never has looked as dominant as Durant already has.

Also, lol@you bringing up injury issues of other teams and ignore the fact that Oden has already missed 2 of his 3 seasons since being drafted.

kyleTX
10-05-2010, 01:26 AM

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/tumblrl2zri20q5d1qze5g2.gif

SteezeFactory
10-05-2010, 02:10 AM
u mad the Suns bounced your asses in the playoffs?

icewill36
10-05-2010, 03:31 AM
u mad the Suns bounced your asses in the playoffs?

lol and the rockets the year before that