PDA

View Full Version : Protein Pudding

deadfingers
04-25-2008, 05:16 AM
This one was fairly simple, pretty sure most of you have come up with a variation, this is mine:

Ingredients:

Protein powder (I used Isopure Zero carb vanilla)
1 cup of Cottage Cheese
1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
Water (I used a little less than half a cup)
4 teaspoons of sweetener (I used Xylitol)

Basically put all the ingredients in a blender, and blend till smooth. I used 1 scoop of Isopure, came out fairly smooth. This would be better with a teaspoon of Guar/Xantham gum but I didn't have any at the time. Also I used low fat cottage cheese, not by choice, but it had 6g of carbs per 1/2 cup. So total was 12g of carbs. Serves 2, or even 3. Should be good as a snack, or before bed meal. Going to throw in some coconut oil next time to up the fat content.

mehdi84
04-25-2008, 08:09 AM
how does it taste?

deadfingers
04-25-2008, 03:22 PM
It's all dependent on the type of protein powder you use. The one I had almost tasted like cream cheese with sweetener, so I added some vanilla extract to bring it out more. Tastes pretty good, wouldn't exactly say it tastes like vanilla but it's not bad by any means. I'm going to try it again with chocolate next time.

deadfingers
04-25-2008, 04:00 PM
Alright tried this after a day in the fridge, probably could do with a teaspoon or two of xylitol (sweetener), but overall not bad. Too liquidy, can't wait for my Guar gum to come in.

Tootella
04-26-2008, 07:16 PM
you could add a tbsp of any flavor of sugar free jello mix to it. i like black cherry added to it.

you could also add 1 tbsp sugar free jello pudding mix, but that contributes a quite a few more carbs.... but the flavor it adds is amazing. especially banana pudding flavor.... yum

you could also add peanut butter and sugar free jelly. the flavor options are endless. this does make a nice tasting treat.

if you add ice and xanthan gum to it, you can make it very much like soft serve frozen yogurt

deadfingers
04-26-2008, 08:50 PM
you could add a tbsp of any flavor of sugar free jello mix to it. i like black cherry added to it.

you could also add 1 tbsp sugar free jello pudding mix, but that contributes a quite a few more carbs.... but the flavor it adds is amazing. especially banana pudding flavor.... yum

you could also add peanut butter and sugar free jelly. the flavor options are endless. this does make a nice tasting treat.

if you add ice and xanthan gum to it, you can make it very much like soft serve frozen yogurt

Thanks, I'll try it! I'm going to try the vanilla, if it goes well I'll try it with others. I have butterscotch, chocolate, vanilla and a few others in the pantry. :)

deadfingers
04-26-2008, 09:11 PM
Well tootella had some great advice, so I went ahead and tried some real quick. Added 1 cup of cottage cheese to half a packet of Sugar Free vanilla pudding, and 1/4th cup of water, followed by 1/2 cup, followed by 1/4th a cup. Yeah needed more water to get it going, but when it was done it was damn good, tasted like regular pudding. Only thing I don't like, is that this stuff is sweetened with Aspartame, gah. I'll keep varying it up to try other ways to make good flavors with less Aspartame.

Autino
04-26-2008, 09:20 PM
I have been eating Slys; instone protein pudding

Yummy!

Gotta give this one a try though.

deadfingers
04-26-2008, 11:13 PM
I have been eating Slys; instone protein pudding

Yummy!

Gotta give this one a try though.

I'm going to give that a try also, $35 a case, not exactly cheap, but bodybuilding isn't cheap either.

Tootella
04-27-2008, 09:59 AM
I'm going to give that a try also, $35 a case, not exactly cheap, but bodybuilding isn't cheap either.

well, i think it probably works out the same as an average american who eats junk food, sodas, and hits up the McDonald's 5-6 times a week. Or even the average Starbucks customer that pays 5 bucks for coffee every single day. I think all those little expenses don't seem like they add up to much because you only spend 5 bucks here and there. When I walk into the protein store and shell out 70 bucks for 5 lbs of protein, it seems expensive, but since I don't do the rest of that stuff, i guess it's about the same.

deadfingers
04-27-2008, 12:58 PM
well, i think it probably works out the same as an average american who eats junk food, sodas, and hits up the McDonald's 5-6 times a week. Or even the average Starbucks customer that pays 5 bucks for coffee every single day. I think all those little expenses don't seem like they add up to much because you only spend 5 bucks here and there. When I walk into the protein store and shell out 70 bucks for 5 lbs of protein, it seems expensive, but since I don't do the rest of that stuff, i guess it's about the same.

That's true, I just have to spend money on the good stuff rather than the bad stuff. :D

Tootella
04-28-2008, 07:29 AM
here's what i tried last night.

1/2 cup cottage cheese
cinnamon
splenda
vanilla extract
a couple of tbsps of walden farms caramel

threw them in blender with 5-6 ice cubes and little bit of water to get it going. Then it got too thin, so i added some xanthan gum (this stuff is AMAZING!!)
Got too thick so i added a little more ice and water. It takes some playing with to get the right consistency, but with ice and xanthan gum, you can't go wrong. Yummy ice cream every time.

It was pretty good. A vanilla caramel taste. After I made it, I thought about adding in some DaVinci Sugar Free Vanilla syrup next time. That would probably be really good.

I went to a local coffee shop and they had the CRAZIEST flavors of sugar free syrups. I'll have to go back to find the name brand, but the flavors they had included:

Kahlua!!
Chai
Chocolate
then the standard: vanilla, caramel, hazelnut.

I think these would make amazing additions to the cottage cheese concoction, and no aspartame!! :)

jaim91
04-28-2008, 06:45 PM
here's what i tried last night.

1/2 cup cottage cheese
cinnamon
splenda
vanilla extract
a couple of tbsps of walden farms caramel

threw them in blender with 5-6 ice cubes and little bit of water to get it going. Then it got too thin, so i added some xanthan gum (this stuff is AMAZING!!)
Got too thick so i added a little more ice and water. It takes some playing with to get the right consistency, but with ice and xanthan gum, you can't go wrong. Yummy ice cream every time.

It was pretty good. A vanilla caramel taste. After I made it, I thought about adding in some DaVinci Sugar Free Vanilla syrup next time. That would probably be really good.

I went to a local coffee shop and they had the CRAZIEST flavors of sugar free syrups. I'll have to go back to find the name brand, but the flavors they had included:

Kahlua!!
Chai
Chocolate
then the standard: vanilla, caramel, hazelnut.

I think these would make amazing additions to the cottage cheese concoction, and no aspartame!! :)

You should make a separate post for this under keto ice cream rather than protein pudding...sounds amazing!!! :D

deadfingers
04-28-2008, 07:46 PM
That sounds awesome tootella. Might have to buy some Walden's farm stuff just for that.