PDA

View Full Version : Meal Plan, Feedback please

anm
04-23-2008, 08:40 AM
Hi,

I am 23yo male, about 5'11, 180lbs. I am very active. I practice martial arts about 4/5 times a week for about 2 hours each day or more, I also mountain bike and lift weights once in a while.

I am currently trying to cut some weight. Maybe about 10/15lbs. My body fat percentage is about 15%. Mostly on the waiste, which is what I am trying to lose.

I am attaching here my daily meal plan, sometimes it differs a little bit but basically its like that. Please give me a feedback on how to implement my nutrition.

I forgot to add that I that fish oil pills about twice a day. I also work out around 7-10pm

Please help me out, I appreciate it.

Thanks!

TheDukeUSMC
04-23-2008, 08:51 AM
Just stick to the basics and check out these articles

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jump_start_diet.htm

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbmainnut.htm

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbinfo.php?page=PreandPostWorkoutNutrition

Lotan80
04-23-2008, 09:15 AM
Hi,

I am 23yo male, about 5'11, 180lbs. I am very active. I practice martial arts about 4/5 times a week for about 2 hours each day or more, I also mountain bike and lift weights once in a while.

I am currently trying to cut some weight. Maybe about 10/15lbs. My body fat percentage is about 15%. Mostly on the waiste, which is what I am trying to lose.

I am attaching here my daily meal plan, sometimes it differs a little bit but basically its like that. Please give me a feedback on how to implement my nutrition.

I forgot to add that I that fish oil pills about twice a day. I also work out around 7-10pm

Please help me out, I appreciate it.

Thanks!

Your diet needs work. The only quality meal you're eating is at 10pm, with the rest being protein shakes, granola bars and subway (better than McD's, but far from being a "clean" meal). You CAN lose weight eating like this, but without getting the nutrients of whole foods, your end results will probably leave you disappointed. Think skinny fat. Aim for less sugar/processed crap (subway) and eat more grains/veggies.

anm
04-23-2008, 09:23 AM
Your diet needs work. The only quality meal you're eating is at 10pm, with the rest being protein shakes, granola bars and subway (better than McD's, but far from being a "clean" meal). You CAN lose weight eating like this, but without getting the nutrients of whole foods, your end results will probably leave you disappointed. Think skinny fat. Aim for less sugar/processed crap (subway) and eat more grains/veggies.

I guess i should replace the granola bars with a fruit or something. For lunch its hard because im usually at work and i dont have many options around here, i might just bring a sandwich from home with fresh nutrients or try to bringing a decent meal. I usually eat my veggies at night.

chazzy1864
04-23-2008, 09:29 AM

Said it perfectly.

Ditch the granola bars. Try tossing a bowl of oatmeal with the protein shake in the mroning. you need some carbs early to fuel you throughout the day.

Get protein at every meal. don't try to, do it.

Eat fibrous veggies with as many meals as possible. Corn and potatoes do not count as fibrous veggies.

Stop counting a bottle of water as a meal item. You should be drinking bottles upon bottles throughout the day. You want to get at least 1 gallon of water a day. Cut out the subway, and make your own sandwiches.

If you are as active as you say, then you need more calories than you're currently taking in. You will most likely be sending your body into starvation mode which will store every thing it can find as fat.

Doing high intensity exercise such as martial arts (it was at least higih intensity for me when I trained), along with lifting weights and mountain biking, you will need a decent amount of calories just to maintain.

Get a casein or blend protein for your pre-bed shake.

anm
04-23-2008, 10:00 AM
Said it perfectly.

Ditch the granola bars. Try tossing a bowl of oatmeal with the protein shake in the mroning. you need some carbs early to fuel you throughout the day.

Get protein at every meal. don't try to, do it.

Eat fibrous veggies with as many meals as possible. Corn and potatoes do not count as fibrous veggies.

Stop counting a bottle of water as a meal item. You should be drinking bottles upon bottles throughout the day. You want to get at least 1 gallon of water a day. Cut out the subway, and make your own sandwiches.

If you are as active as you say, then you need more calories than you're currently taking in. You will most likely be sending your body into starvation mode which will store every thing it can find as fat.

Doing high intensity exercise such as martial arts (it was at least higih intensity for me when I trained), along with lifting weights and mountain biking, you will need a decent amount of calories just to maintain.

Get a casein or blend protein for your pre-bed shake.

Thanks, i guess im gonna need some changes. Will take your sugestions in consideration.