PDA

View Full Version : How bad is this cheat meal during a bulk?

taylorguitar13
04-22-2008, 10:44 PM
At first I was trying to bulk cleanly, I did ok for 2 months or so but have began to slack off A LOT lately.

I weigh 163 lbs currently, trying to bulk to 170-175 before cutting. (As cleanly as possibly if possible)

When I don't go over 2500 calories I eat fast food. Is that ok? Typically it's one burger, or maybe a burrito and I try to keep it under 600 calories.

Here was my main question:

So today I ate 2 McChickens from McDonalds. I got it WITHOUT mayo hoping that would cut off some saturated fat (or was it unsaturated fat that is bad for you? =/, i always forget.)

I checked out the nutrition facts on it, and it didn't seem to bad, I was wondering if it would be possible to to eat 1 or 2 of these a day during my bulk? How bad would it affect me? Would it do more bad than good?

Every time I eat fast food all I can think in my head is "I'm going to have to pay for this later..." or "I should run this off during an off day"

http://www.mcdonalds.com/app_controller.nutrition.index1.html

Do you guys recommend any type of food, that is REALLY cheap and quick that can keep my bulk as clean as possible. Maybe something from KFC or something. I eat Subway as a regular meal, and since they close at 10pm it's not always possible to grab something from there...

yeahitsgotahemi
04-23-2008, 01:13 AM
If you are trying to bulk as clean as possible like you said then you should not eat too much fast food as you will gain a lot of fat. But if you decide you would rather dirty bulk then go ahead.

KFC is the fatiest of the fastfoods IMO

ahllun
04-23-2008, 05:33 AM
taco bell is rated "healthiest" if you must cheat

SouthsideIrish44
04-23-2008, 05:37 AM
taco bell is rated "healthiest" if you must cheat

Taco Bell the healthiest? I'd think you could get a healthier salad or grilled chicken w/o mayo from pretty much anywhere vs. TB's greasy meats.

Do you have to order from that "Fresca" menu? Seems pretty gross.

ahllun
04-23-2008, 06:07 AM
Taco Bell the healthiest? I'd think you could get a healthier salad or grilled chicken w/o mayo from pretty much anywhere vs. TB's greasy meats.

Do you have to order from that "Fresca" menu? Seems pretty gross.

thats compared to getting fast food thats actually bad for you. i dont really consider getting a salad with grilled chicken fast food.

tinyman5000
04-23-2008, 06:49 AM
i get their plain 1/4lbers all the time and nothing bad has come from it

Zombapocalypse
04-23-2008, 07:49 AM
As you said it's a cheat meal so you should try to eat as little of as possible (most people here advocate one semi-large cheat meal a week). Compared to other fast food out there, it isn't that bad, but it's pretty bad compared to actual healthy foods.

It's really a discussion of optimal over convenience. Are you willing to eat oats and a chicken breast instead going to McDonald's?

taylorguitar13
04-23-2008, 08:40 AM
As you said it's a cheat meal so you should try to eat as little of as possible (most people here advocate one semi-large cheat meal a week). Compared to other fast food out there, it isn't that bad, but it's pretty bad compared to actual healthy foods.

It's really a discussion of optimal over convenience. Are you willing to eat oats and a chicken breast instead going to McDonald's?

I try to eat as healthy as possible at all times, but when things get sooo busy that you dont even have time to eat (6-7 meals a day isn't always possible), I feel like grabbing a burger or something is the only thing I can do =/. I'm fairly broke too (paying for college) so I try my best to spend less than $10 a day, sometimes $15 (not including weekends) on food. This doesn't count the protein shakes, weight gainer, supplements, as well as food at home.

I eat a lot of turkey sandwiches, oatmeal, fruits, a chicken breast or roast beef sandwich from subway (once every other day), yogurt, salads when I can (usually chicken salads from costco, or store bought), cottage cheese, peanut butter, fiber rich cereal sometimes, mixed nuts, etc...

Also I'm on my 2nd tub of Cytogainer, but I plan on stopping it after it's done to eat more healthier foods.

It terms of convinence it would probably be best to grab a grilled chicken sandwich w/o mayo? or a salad with little to no dressing? For example if you're out with your friends, maybe at the mall or something and you KNOW you're not going to have a chance to eat for another 2 hours.

In terms of price what would be some good alternatives? Should I just stay on a weight gainer (currently only taking half a serving to one full serving a day w/ 2% fat milk)?

Also another factor that I have is that I don't always have time to cook (plus my parent's kitchen is dirty as hell =/). If I could I would be making more eggs, cooking more chicken, or other healthy alternatives.... but for now it's not really possible. I figure since I'm bulking anyway, I should just eat eat eat, and then figure out my cutting diet when the times comes.

cncretecbwo
04-23-2008, 08:48 AM
you dont need 6 meals a day. 3 or 4 is fine

Big_Spaz
04-23-2008, 09:52 AM
Thank Goodness someone said Taco Bell is the 'healthiest' fast food because I eat that stuff about twice a week :D

No lie, I'm addicted to Taco Bell. I just watch what I order there and don't go nuts.

-Spaz

taylorguitar13
04-23-2008, 09:55 AM
Thank Goodness someone said Taco Bell is the 'healthiest' fast food because I eat that stuff about twice a week :D

No lie, I'm addicted to Taco Bell. I just watch what I order there and don't go nuts.

-Spaz

lol what do you get? I get the spicy chicken burrito occasionally...