PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Plain Cheesecake

Ralph Wiggum
04-22-2008, 10:54 AM
Plain Cheesecake

I found this on the back of a box of gelatin that I bought, but its actually pretty damn good.

1 packet of plain Gelatine
1 cup of Boiling Water
2 8oz. Boxes of Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 c of Splenda

Mix the Splenda and Gelatine powders in a small bowl and set aside. Soften the 16 oz of Cream cheese in the microwave. Mix thoroughly into a creamy mixture. Bring 1 c of water to a boil. Once water boils, pour it into splenda/gelatine mixture. Add slowly to creamcheese while still stirring. Put in Refrigerator for 3 hours.

This stuff is real good. It tastes exactly like plain cheesecake (because it is). I'm sure you can put some kind of low-carb topping on it, but it tastes great.

Net carbs I believe is ~32 carbs for the entire mixture. Theres a lot so having a spoonful or so evry now and then is great.

¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT!
04-23-2008, 12:47 PM
Seems a little TOO simple like total lack of flavor simple .

is it really tasty or just cause it's a desert and very few deserts on keto that it made it mo betta ?

Tootella
04-23-2008, 02:19 PM
cream cheese + splenda = yummilicious!!!

I eat that by itself. I'm too lazy to actually "make" a cheesecake. just mixing those two together is good enough for me.

I saw that same recipe on the back of the gelatin box. i'll try it one day.

Ralph Wiggum
04-23-2008, 02:57 PM
Seems a little TOO simple like total lack of flavor simple .

is it really tasty or just cause it's a desert and very few deserts on keto that it made it mo betta ?

It tastes just like regular cheesecake, but the texture is more gelatin like. It's pretty damn good.

yzrider400f
04-23-2008, 03:50 PM
couldn't find plain gelatin so I got sugar free raspberry

the cream cheese didn't mix too well with the water/splenda. it kinda clumped up with the hot water, this normal? or should the cream cheese have been in a more liquid state?

randyrock
04-23-2008, 05:06 PM

the cream cheese didn't mix too well with the water/splenda. it kinda clumped up with the hot water, this normal? or should the cream cheese have been in a more liquid state?

Make it another way...

Make up the gelatin with boiling water. Then add some ice cubes and cold water so it sets quicker.

Allow to set fully.

Now add the gelatin to your mixer/blender along with any splenda, cream cheese, cocoa, peanut butter etc.

You may need to add a little more water/cream for the mixture to blend properly. Now pour the mixture into a bowl and allow to set (around 30 mins).

Ralph Wiggum
04-23-2008, 05:41 PM

Yeah man, its supposed to be more liquid. I made that mistake once before too. I put it in the microwave for 1 minute and it softened it up really well.

yzrider400f
04-24-2008, 12:41 PM
Just re-did this with plain gelatin.

I microwaved the cream cheese for like 2 minutes, then added some water to it and mixed it more. Then i added the boiling water to the splenda and gelatin in a different bowl and mixed that up until it was all disolved. then microwaved the cream cheese for another minute or so. this made it really liquidy.

Put a tspn of vanilla and tspn of cinnamon extract into the water/splenda and dumped the water/splenda into the cream cheese and mixed it up until it was all liquid. Then poured into the cake pan and now it's setting in the fridge. I could tell that this is going to be REALLY good, especially with the extracts I added.

The macros are 10g protein, 2g carbs, 0g fat, and 75 calories per slice (1/8th). Good for pre-bed.

Ralph Wiggum
04-24-2008, 01:07 PM

I microwaved the cream cheese for like 2 minutes, then added some water to it and mixed it more. Then i added the boiling water to the splenda and gelatin in a different bowl and mixed that up until it was all disolved. then microwaved the cream cheese for another minute or so. this made it really liquidy.

Put a tspn of vanilla and tspn of cinnamon extract into the water/splenda and dumped the water/splenda into the cream cheese and mixed it up until it was all liquid. Then poured into the cake pan and now it's setting in the fridge. I could tell that this is going to be REALLY good, especially with the extracts I added.

The macros are 10g protein, 2g carbs, 0g fat, and 75 calories per slice (1/8th). Good for pre-bed.

just so you know though... its a lot like gelatine

yzrider400f
04-24-2008, 02:08 PM
just so you know though... its a lot like gelatine

i tried the first one I had, i know what it's like..

rude boy
04-24-2008, 05:16 PM
ricotta cheese + yogurt = cheesecake

tkroro
01-12-2009, 03:56 PM
cream cheese + splenda = yummilicious!!!

I eat that by itself. I'm too lazy to actually "make" a cheesecake. just mixing those two together is good enough for me.

I saw that same recipe on the back of the gelatin box. i'll try it one day.

Add some Almond Meal to the mix and you've got a no bake cheescake w/ the crust all mixed up.

mygame11
01-16-2009, 08:43 PM

You used fat free cream cheese for this? How did come out..I know it has been a while...

tkroro
01-25-2009, 01:45 PM
Ok, so I mixed up ground almonds, melted butter, sweetner and a few drops of imitation coconut extract- layered my tupperware with the mixture and chilled it for 20 minutes. Then topped with my cheesecake mixture. Damn what a crust! Because of the coconut extract it actually tasted like I was eating coconut on the bottom. I think I'm going to have to try this crust with the Keto PB cups recipe to make some sort of Keto Bounty/Mounds bars.