PDA

View Full Version : Bah need food help.

Tacomaster
04-21-2008, 04:50 AM
Well, my meal plan is basically mostly chicken because it has high protein, im looking for something thatll give me as much protein and more fat than the chicken does, the chicken has 26g protein and 1.5g fat in it per tender...i want a little variety in the diet.

cncretecbwo
04-21-2008, 09:13 AM
chicken thighs

Ouchburns
04-21-2008, 09:33 AM
Make chicken salad?? Cut up your chicken, add mayo, mustard, salt and pepper, and eat. The mayo will get your fat up.

Check the Keto foods thread for other foods that you can eat, there are TONS of foods that contain little to no carbohydrates.

Lax891122
04-21-2008, 10:25 AM
Chicken breast on keto sucks.. IMO. It doesnt fill me up at all.

Hotdogs are good.. but their quality sucks.

Steak FTW.. honestly steak with some EVOO and almonds. thats two of my meals in a day usually.

Eileen
04-21-2008, 12:46 PM
Rib steak.

Chicken thighs.

Duck.

Eggs, eggs, and more eggs.

Salmon

Tuna and mayo

Eggs and mayo.

Cheese, especially cream cheese.

Coconut.

Almonds,

Pate.

Avocado.

adwill
04-21-2008, 12:47 PM
keto is awesome for variation in diet i think.

i love salad so i choose to get my greens that way every day, but basically you just add a protein source and a fat source and you are good to go. My usual keto "dinners" (late day meals, anyway):

- Baby spinach salad with bacon, 2 boiled eggs, mayo, cheese and a ranch dressing.
- salad with chicken thighs/legs/breast/whatever is on sale cooked in olive oil with heavy ceaser and cheese
- tuna with mayo and cheese and a bit of greek dressing
- medium ground beef (the cheap stuff) with jalepenos, mushrooms, whatever cheese i feel like
- chicken wings with frank's red hot with lime (chicken wings rock)
- chicken breast with skin on with avocado
- steak and mushrooms
- any cheap cuts of beef i can find
- salmon or other cuts of fish if i'm in the mood with avocado and a bit of lemon

really, keto is a pretty flexible diet if you think about it. compare it to most 40/40/20s or whatever that have you eating mostly low-cal, low-fat stuff that tastes bland, along with expensive chicken breasts every. single. day.

plus, its way cheaper to eat on keto. everybody is afraid of fat, so they are always the cheapest cuts, or the items on sale...