PDA

View Full Version : Need a Low Carb recipe site

Atticus27
04-20-2008, 09:16 PM
Does any one know a recipe site that has low carb foods. I'm currently on a keto program and i'm not sure what to eat and what to make out of what I have. Thanks

Lax891122
04-20-2008, 10:00 PM
If youre trying to make elaborate meals, youre going to fail on this diet.

Just brown some ground meat and season with salt, pepper, a little basil.
Cheese,
Mayo
olive oil
broc****

Atticus27
04-20-2008, 10:08 PM

Just brown some ground meat and season with salt, pepper, a little basil.
Cheese,
Mayo
olive oil
broc****

how is that?

deadfingers
04-20-2008, 10:51 PM
check out low carb luxury dot com. Tons of recipes, if not then just look for a low carb forum, I've seen one online and they have a nice database of recipes.

Tootella
04-21-2008, 07:23 AM
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/recipereview/

Lax891122
04-21-2008, 11:26 AM
Because if every meal you make has to be something special, youre going to hate having to cook. I just throw 2-4 lbs of beef in a pan, brown, eat.

pecan
04-21-2008, 01:29 PM

i think that depends. lots of recipes will need modification, but it's still possible to cook low carb. ie subbing chopped cauliflower for rice, using soy flour or xantham as a thickener, and using zucchini for noodles. the bottom line is: can you get creative on your diet?

Eileen
04-21-2008, 01:43 PM
What's wrong with this one?

There are a lot of recipe sites around. http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2 is a pretty good one, but at least here, most of the recipes are based on real food, and are geared towards bodybuilders.

deadfingers
04-21-2008, 02:36 PM
Way to support your fellow ketoer lax. I think if you want to make elaborate meals more power to you, I know Keto can get bland if you don't mix things up at times. I like an elaborate meal at times, but most of the time I'm too lazy so I'll just cook up a steak or have some eggs and it's usually enough to tame my lazy hunger. Haha. Still though I like to have a nice library of recipes to choose from when that time does hit. I find myself buying 70% of my low carb groceries online, it's fine with me as long as I'm stocked up. All I need to buy in the store is steak, eggs, cream, butter, cheeses of all kinds, and chicken that's about it. Not bad, I can spend $100 at a time and just stock up. :)

Lax891122
04-21-2008, 06:17 PM
Way to support your fellow ketoer lax. I think if you want to make elaborate meals more power to you, I know Keto can get bland if you don't mix things up at times. I like an elaborate meal at times, but most of the time I'm too lazy so I'll just cook up a steak or have some eggs and it's usually enough to tame my lazy hunger. Haha. Still though I like to have a nice library of recipes to choose from when that time does hit. I find myself buying 70% of my low carb groceries online, it's fine with me as long as I'm stocked up. All I need to buy in the store is steak, eggs, cream, butter, cheeses of all kinds, and chicken that's about it. Not bad, I can spend $100 at a time and just stock up. :)

Oh ok. My bad for being realistic. Hes 17, and has other things to do than just cook all day. The way his question was posed made me think he didnt know what to do with any food he had. This makes me think that hes trying to make all of his meals special. Well.. Whatever, his choice. Those sites are great as is the keto potion of this site.

I wish you luck.

deadfingers
04-21-2008, 06:29 PM
Oh ok. My bad for being realistic. Hes 17, and has other things to do than just cook all day. The way his question was posed made me think he didnt know what to do with any food he had. This makes me think that hes trying to make all of his meals special. Well.. Whatever, his choice. Those sites are great as is the keto potion of this site.

I wish you luck.

Um he's 17, he's not exactly in a time crunch. Good cooking doesn't need to take all day, hell I don't like to spend more than an hour cooking, even for elaborate meals. Sometimes eating steak and eggs with veggies everyday tends to get boring, call me crazy. I like a little variety every now and then, and if that keeps him going on Keto then so be it. Why not help him rather than say "You don't have the time".

Lax891122
04-21-2008, 06:47 PM
Um he's 17, he's not exactly in a time crunch. Good cooking doesn't need to take all day, hell I don't like to spend more than an hour cooking, even for elaborate meals. Sometimes eating steak and eggs with veggies everyday tends to get boring, call me crazy. I like a little variety every now and then, and if that keeps him going on Keto then so be it. Why not help him rather than say "You don't have the time".

Ok whatever. All i know is that when I was 17 I really didnt have the time. Im not here to argue with you so whatever, I dont care.

Ryanmckd
04-28-2008, 03:26 AM
Because if every meal you make has to be something special, youre going to hate having to cook. I just throw 2-4 lbs of beef in a pan, brown, eat.

I for one enjoy cooking my meals because a) i know it's good for me, b) trying new and different things is always interesting, sorry if you wanna have plain beef by itself but some people enjoy having some flavour.

theDeviousOne
05-03-2008, 05:47 PM
how about changing the steak and eggs up to chorizo and eggs. a little variety. No sugar / little carbs / more fat.. (BEEF CHORIZO). all and all pretty good yea?

deadfingers
05-03-2008, 06:03 PM
how about changing the steak and eggs up to chorizo and eggs. a little variety. No sugar / little carbs / more fat.. (BEEF CHORIZO). all and all pretty good yea?

Chorizo is awesome, too bad they don't sell the good stuff here. :(

theDeviousOne
05-03-2008, 06:21 PM
i'll mail you some yea? lololol

ok big question the chorizo said on the back, on a 2.5 oz serving is 36% carbs, 0 sugar, 260 calories, and the two eggs equalled to 140 calories, does that mean 36% carbs is for my whole day? i can only consume 24% more carbs that day assuming i was a 50% carb keto diet.

deadfingers
05-03-2008, 06:24 PM
i'll mail you some yea? lololol

ok big question the chorizo said on the back, on a 2.5 oz serving is 36% carbs, 0 sugar, 260 calories, and the two eggs equalled to 140 calories, does that mean 36% carbs is for my whole day? i can only consume 24% more carbs that day assuming i was a 50% carb keto diet.

Um what? How about using grams in terms for carbs. Shoot for 30g of carbs or less. Carbs should be 5% of your total intake for the day. Make sense?

theDeviousOne
05-03-2008, 06:29 PM
oh HAH! i meant fat % not carb % sry mate :P

BUBBLETHIGHS
05-04-2008, 11:45 AM
http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/index.html

check this site out. I just found it and it has some pictures of the recipes, too!

deadfingers
05-04-2008, 01:19 PM
oh HAH! i meant fat % not carb % sry mate :P

65% Fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs :)

SinOrSlim
10-10-2011, 08:50 AM
Not true! Check out the site below!