PDA

View Full Version : Can the Lakers (or anybody) upset Boston?

hwpnow
04-16-2008, 08:26 AM
Everyone knows this is the year for Boston. We knew that in the preseason, so I'm already assuming they'll make it to the Finals. The Lakers are looking pretty good too, so assuming they make it, do you think they'll have a chance at upsetting Boston, like the Giants did the Patriots?

Or better yet, do you think there's a chance of Boston not making it to the Finals.

Scorpion613
04-16-2008, 08:38 AM
I think the Pistons can upset Boston, although it won't really be an upset because the Pistons are a great team. Don't expect Lebron to beat the Celtics in a 7 game series, KG won't let it happen, and neither will Allen or Pierce.

lacey23
04-16-2008, 08:39 AM
Spurs, Lakers, Pistons are all capible of beating the Celts imo.

hounds
04-16-2008, 08:50 AM
Everyone knows this is the year for Boston. We knew that in the preseason, so I'm already assuming they'll make it to the Finals. The Lakers are looking pretty good too, so assuming they make it, do you think they'll have a chance at upsetting Boston, like the Giants did the Patriots?

The Lakers beating the Celtics in the finals wouldnt even qualify as an upset. Actually, any of the top 6 seeds in the west beating the Celtics in the finals wouldnt be all that shocking....

Geri057
04-16-2008, 09:40 AM
Jazz vs. Boston in the finals.

Jazz'll top em.

why so ez?
04-16-2008, 10:07 AM
Only the Lakers and Pistons.

GTfreak
04-16-2008, 10:12 AM
lakers pistons magic and maybe the cavs

natespeer
04-16-2008, 10:14 AM
lakers pistons magic and maybe the cavs

that's random

sillz100
04-16-2008, 10:21 AM
Don't expect Lebron to beat the Celtics in a 7 game series

Don't expect lebron to get out of the first round(its about 50/50) and if he does they are losing 4 straight in the next round.

ohHai
04-16-2008, 10:22 AM
sixers.

Negatron617
04-16-2008, 10:23 AM
i think the lakers and only the lakers can
and get this
the wizards have a chance too

sillz100
04-16-2008, 10:25 AM
sixers.

i'll do you one better.....

Atlanta.

Xero Gio
04-16-2008, 10:40 AM
The Lakers, Wizards, and Pistons have a chance.

Pistons - They turn it up a notch come playoff time, and they're still bitter over breaking down last postseason.

Wizards - They ARE the only team to have beaten the Celtics 3 times this season... so despite their record, there might be somethin there.

Lakers - Assuming they make it to the finals, they will have the best shot. Their two losses to the Celtics came in peculiar situations. The first was when they were still a mediocre team...7-4 enterng the game. The second, they just lost. HOWEVER... since then they've acquired Gasol, and the potential for Bynum to be back creates matchup problems for the Celtics.

It should be interesting...but Boston is damn good.

Exist 2 Inspire
04-16-2008, 11:35 AM

Atlanta.

Haha wouldn't that be some ****.

iginca
04-16-2008, 11:37 AM
as a lakers fan I say NO

$big_boy$
04-16-2008, 11:44 AM
I think the lakers will win it all, but if not the suns can do it also.

hwpnow
04-16-2008, 11:48 AM
Spurs, Lakers, Pistons are all capible of beating the Celts imo.

How did they do in the regular season against the Celts?

Scorpion613
04-16-2008, 12:24 PM

the pistons tied the season series, the lakers and spurs both lost their 2 games.

Xero Gio
04-16-2008, 12:28 PM
the pistons tied the season series, the lakers and spurs both lost their 2 games.

Actually, Boston won the series 2-1 against Detroit. It was a 3 game series.

The Lakers were a completely different team then than they are now, both gameplay wise and the actual roster.

San Antonio...ehhh. They just lost those games. One was by 2 and the other 8--so it's not like they got demolished.

BangBrahs
04-16-2008, 12:29 PM
I think the Pistons could upset them

m0fo
04-16-2008, 12:42 PM

Atlanta.
Hawks are a solid team but I don't see them topping the Celtics. The most games I see the Celtics losing is one game. But the 76ers have already beat the Celtics in their home turf and are one of the hottest teams in the league right now. I got the 76ers as the nba playoff sleeper team of this year.

sillz100
04-16-2008, 12:47 PM
Hawks are a solid team but I don't see them topping the Celtics. The most games I see the Celtics losing is one game. But the 76ers have already beat the Celtics in their home turf and are one of the hottest teams in the league right now. I got the 76ers as the nba playoff sleeper team of this year.

Lots of people in this thread and other threads are bringing up a lot of regular season games........ and most of the time they have about as much to do with the playoffs as the color of dennis rodmans hair.

Its going to be boston out of the west. Highest chance out of east is the lakers and then spurs.

lacey23
04-16-2008, 12:51 PM

Someone else already siad. But regular season games I don't pay much stock into.

They beat the Spurs a couple times....Everybody knows the Spurs can step it up in the playoffs, and have a game perfectly suited for playoff basketball. Spurs are more then capible of knocking the off.

Lakers might of lost a couple when they had a diffrent roster. Don't put any stock in that really.

Pistons-Celtics series that I watched did have a playoff feel to it, and went 1-2, but the pistons are great defensivly and can beat any team imo if they are clicking. They are capible imo, but I'de pick Boston as a favorite in that series/

mTm
04-16-2008, 01:02 PM
I Hope Detroit will play at the high level of game they're capable of this post season, and not flounder like last year.

Scorpion613
04-16-2008, 01:40 PM
Actually, Boston won the series 2-1 against Detroit. It was a 3 game series.

The Lakers were a completely different team then than they are now, both gameplay wise and the actual roster.

San Antonio...ehhh. They just lost those games. One was by 2 and the other 8--so it's not like they got demolished.

they were up by 20 during the 2nd game played about a month ago... they blew the lead and lost the game in the 4th :(

Pretty Boy Floyd
04-16-2008, 01:49 PM
maaaaaybe Detroit

then SA or LA

lol at some one saying Magic, those guys will be lucky to get out the first round

Ct113
04-16-2008, 02:00 PM
I want to say no being a Celtics fan but I could see Detroit making it interesting for them or the Lakers or SA making a close 7 games series in the finals if they get that far. Either way being a fan of them or not with the team they got their going to be damn tough to beat.

Clide Whit
04-16-2008, 02:06 PM
At this point I'd rather say when Bynum is back and healthy, can Boston upset the Lakers?

Ct113
04-16-2008, 02:45 PM
At this point I'd rather say when Bynum is back and healthy, can Boston upset the Lakers?

Celtics have by far the best record in the league so any team beating them in the playoffs would be considered an upset....

SomeoneStopMe
04-16-2008, 03:26 PM
if the suns play even close to how they played in the second quarter of the second game against the celtics, it would be over in 6. suns can do it, they just need to play up to their potential.

lakers too.

those are the only two teams i see coming out of the west anyway.

if somehow the spurs get their **** together and make it out of the west, they have a decent chance, but damn that would be a boring series. every game would be like 75-70

*DH*
04-16-2008, 03:31 PM
Suns, Lakers, Spurs, Pistons, Jazz, and Hornets all can stop the Celtics.

Season record doesn't mean much. Look at the Mavs last season. They had a better record than this years Celts, yet they got eliminated in the first round. In the playoffs, it's a completely different game.

-RAIn-
04-16-2008, 03:45 PM
I think its gonna be extremely difficult for anyone to beat Boston or whoever comes out in the East..because in the West, they're going to be really battling it out..will it surprise anyone if all the matchups in the West go 6 or 7 games to be decided?

In the East, the 1st round should be a cakewalk, 2nd round probably 5 or 6 games, then battle in the ECF..whoever comes out in the West will have gone thru a lot more minutes

SomeoneStopMe
04-16-2008, 04:24 PM
I think its gonna be extremely difficult for anyone to beat Boston or whoever comes out in the East..because in the West, they're going to be really battling it out..will it surprise anyone if all the matchups in the West go 6 or 7 games to be decided?

In the East, the 1st round should be a cakewalk, 2nd round probably 5 or 6 games, then battle in the ECF..whoever comes out in the West will have gone thru a lot more minutes

the only games that will be easy for the celtic's will be the first series where they will sweep

then they will get a 6 game series, followed by another 6-7 game series.

SeanCC
04-16-2008, 04:44 PM
In my mind the Lakers, Suns, and Pistons definitely have a shot at beating us (celtics). Hornets are a possibility. As many said I'm hoping the western winner will be so beat up its easier for the celts

joakman
04-16-2008, 07:49 PM
In my mind the Lakers, Suns, and Pistons definitely have a shot at beating us (celtics). Hornets are a possibility. As many said I'm hoping the western winner will be so beat up its easier for the celts

Agreed with all, but the Hornets. I don't think Paul would be able to pull out 4 over the C's. Jazz would be a possibility.

LMAO at thinking Bynum makes much of a difference.

JamesMUSCLE
04-16-2008, 07:51 PM
the Wizards can upset them. They already have I think 3 times this season.

black sabbath
04-16-2008, 10:22 PM
the Wizards can upset them. They already have I think 3 times this season.

Arenas would be that much more cockier if his team beat the Celtics. I love it. Hibachi!!!

Scorpion613
04-17-2008, 09:35 AM
Agreed with all, but the Hornets. I don't think Paul would be able to pull out 4 over the C's. Jazz would be a possibility.

LMAO at thinking Bynum makes much of a difference.

yea, LMAO... a guy who is 7'0, 285, with long arms, and averages a double double and 2+ blocks per game while playing under 30 minutes would make no difference in the ball game at all, not even on the defensive end. :rolleyes: