PDA

View Full Version : Morning Cardio Help

MSmith19
04-15-2008, 11:04 PM
I am thinking of doing cardio as soon as I get up, before school- what should I eat before? I know that fasted cardio is not a great idea?

Any carbs, or should I just stick to mainly protein and perhaps some BCAA's?

in10city
04-16-2008, 01:30 AM
I am thinking of doing cardio as soon as I get up, before school- what should I eat before? I know that fasted cardio is not a great idea?

Any carbs, or should I just stick to mainly protein and perhaps some BCAA's?
Depends on how long and intense it will be really but a small whey/EAA/BCAA feeding would be good. Then eat a healthy meal at some point after it's all said and done.

apdunshiz
04-16-2008, 03:17 AM
Man, i wake up @ 5:00, and i do HIIT @ 5:30 AM. I also have nothing to eat. If you decide to eat something, i would say a low calorie (<200 calories), but high carbs. Preferably >15g Carbs. The only reason is because carbs are energy and u need energy. But for me, my HIIT is only a little over 1 mile. Therefore, i dont need to eat anything in the morning.

Well, i dont eat anything. But as soon as soon as it reachest 6:00 am, i make my breakfast.

MSmith19
04-16-2008, 04:53 PM
My HIIT is about 20 mins of 1 min sprint 1 min jog..any other ideas?

in10city
04-16-2008, 05:05 PM
My HIIT is about 20 mins of 1 min sprint 1 min jog..any other ideas?
Don't get caught up in paralysis of choice - I can fill your head with all kinds of "ideas". Pick something, try it, evaluate, adjust. So easy, even a caveman can do it :)

MSmith19
04-16-2008, 06:31 PM
Don't get caught up in paralysis of choice - I can fill your head with all kinds of "ideas". Pick something, try it, evaluate, adjust. So easy, even a caveman can do it :)

Well I prefer to base my choice off of scientific study or the experience of others, as not to waste time experimenting myself.