PDA

View Full Version : Starting my Keto Diet, Foods I bought

Surf240
04-13-2008, 07:09 PM
So today i found out my BF% is approx 20% and I'm looking to bring it down to around 12% quickly. I gain and put of weight super fast and I thought to help it i'd try a diet for 2-4 weeks see how I feel and Look.
I went to safeway and bought a few things I'll list them out, not too much but tell me if u have any good recepies.
Chicken Breasts.
Lots of Tuna.
Bacon
Eggs.
Brocolli.
Pepperoni's
Hot Dogs.
Steaks.
Bananas and Oj for my after workout Protein shake.
I have lots of random herbs and sauces in my kitchen so just throw out some ideas.

adwill
04-13-2008, 09:13 PM
i'd recommend picking up some cheese, almonds, natural peanut butter, and real mayo. oh, and get a solid supply of olive oil.

cheese you can add to basically anything on keto, it tastes great, and it is a good snack source for cals and fat. plus its relatively inexpensive for the amount you get at the grocery store.

as far as recipes go, i just make what suits my personal tastes.. but i eat a lot of egg salad, tuna salad, basically any meat cooked in olive oil... omelettes or random styles of eggs with bacon or ground beef for breakfast.

if you like them, i'd reccomend swapping out chicken breasts for thighs and/or wings. WAY cheaper, tastier (in my opinion), fattier, which is all good for keto.

make sure to get some greens too. i eat alot of mushrooms, lettuce and broc****, all relatively low on carbs, most of which is fiber.

Surf240
04-14-2008, 08:10 PM
Day 1:
Breakfast: 4 Whole Eggs, 4 Strips of Bacon.
Snack: Chicken Sandwich took out the bread and just ate the Chicken Lettace and Cheese
Lunch: Big Bowl of Tuna mixed with mayo
Workout: 4-5
Protein Shake: 1 Scoop Syntha 6, 2 Banana's, 1 1/2 Cup of Tropicana OJ with Omega.
Dinner: I made some Chicken Wrapped up in bacon

lawlubad
04-14-2008, 09:49 PM
wrong section for your meal plan.

and over 100g of carbs will probably keep you out of keto permanently even post workout

You should be aiming for less then 20g of carbs through out the day and something like 15-20g pre/post so thats 40-60g in the entire day and if you diet this way you get NO (0) carb ups good luck.

Or just do 25g of carbs through food and then every week or two have a carb up.