PDA

View Full Version : Coffee?

miochza
04-13-2008, 10:08 AM
What is everyone's thoughts on coffee? I know that people take supplements that have stimulants in them, so it's not completely frowned upon. Milk + no sugar should be okay, right?

Also, this may be geared more towards any knowledgeable nutritionists, but I respond way too much to coffee. I love the stuff, but I still can't get a good night's sleep even after it is out of my system. Should I just cut it out? Decaf is kind of pointless...

FunkDaddy
04-13-2008, 10:09 AM
What is everyone's thoughts on coffee? I know that people take supplements that have stimulants in them, so it's not completely frowned upon. Milk + no sugar should be okay, right?

Also, this may be geared more towards any knowledgeable nutritionists, but I respond way too much to coffee. I love the stuff, but I still can't get a good night's sleep even after it is out of my system. Should I just cut it out? Decaf is kind of pointless...

If caffeine affects you that much I'd strongly advise you to limit your consumption heavily.

willldabeast
04-13-2008, 10:13 AM

Coffee is fine as long as it doesn't permit you from "getting a good nights sleep even after it is out of your system"

sleep is a necessity
coffee is not

miochza
04-13-2008, 10:14 AM
If caffeine affects you that much I'd strongly advise you to limit your consumption heavily.

Yeah, I really don't drink too much of the stuff. I used to drink it while reading the Sunday paper, so about 1x a week. For the longest time I couldn't understand why I was getting such ****ty sleep Sunday night. Now, I try to stay away from it.

The weird thing is, I can drink ~20 oz Coke (don't worry guys, this is like once every 2-3 months ;) ) at 8 PM and still go to bed at 12 AM.

sbmarti2
04-13-2008, 10:17 AM
I have two cups a day usually, sometimes zero or 1, and on occasion, 3. I only put milk in it, so I figure it's not too nutritionally detrimentive.

Even then, a packet of sugar once or twice a day, who cares.

I'd limit your consumption slowly so thats it is only 1 a day. Also, don't drink it after normal working hours.

US_Ranger
04-13-2008, 10:21 AM
A coke has a lot less caffeine than a cup of coffee.

Also, decaf coffee usually has.....caffeine. Actually, some coffee (according to Consumer Reports) still had up to 70mg of caffeine in a "decaf" cup.

Sleep = more important than coffee

miochza
04-13-2008, 10:51 AM
Also, decaf coffee usually has.....caffeine. Actually, some coffee (according to Consumer Reports) still had up to 70mg of caffeine in a "decaf" cup.

I would definitely agree with this figure for some decaf. Once, I had a 10 oz decaf and couldn't sleep all night.

Xanthippus
04-13-2008, 10:57 AM
I have a cup of joe 45-60m pre workout. Helps me push myself.