PDA

View Full Version : Dissolvable gatorade

DanOh
04-12-2008, 05:50 PM
I was wondering if it would be beneficial to mix in 2 scoops of the mixable gatorade into a gallon jug and drink that throughout the day as well as during my workouts. It's 50 calories a scoop. I was also wondering if the extra electrolytes would be beneficial as well. I do not want to drink straight gatorade but want to get some electrolytes in me. Thank you.

deadlift425
04-12-2008, 05:54 PM
Generally I would avoid simple sugars preworkout, but if its one of the ways to get you to take in more water, so be it. Two scoops is what 28-30g per gallon?

So roughly 120 calories your drinking if you consume the whole gallon. Wouldn't worry about it unless your concerned about cutting!!!

KTHNXBYE
04-12-2008, 06:14 PM
take 1-2 scoops post work-out.

thats all i'd recomend.

user8073964251
04-12-2008, 06:25 PM
take 1-2 scoops post work-out.

thats all i'd recomend.

I agree...

too much constant sugar to be sipping on all day. I'd stick to it postwo

TheWaffleIron
04-12-2008, 07:17 PM
i do gatorade powder pwo. its first two (listed) ingriedientes are sucrose and dextrose. sucrose may not be ideal pwo, but the dextrose raises the GI. other than pwo, i wouldn't recommend it. definitely not throughout the day.

elyk
04-12-2008, 07:31 PM
I was also wondering if the extra electrolytes would be beneficial as well. I do not want to drink straight gatorade but want to get some electrolytes in me. Thank you.

It is unnecessary to replace losses of sodium, potassium and other electrolytes during exercise since it is unlikely that a significant depletion the body's stores of these minerals will occur during normal training. However, in extreme exercising conditions over 5 or 6 hours (an Ironman or ultramarathon, for example) the consumption of a complex sports drink with electrolytes is recommended. Athletes who do not consume electrolytes under these conditions risk overhydration (or hyponatremia).