PDA

View Full Version : New Bulk Diet..........

rchapman
04-12-2008, 03:17 PM
I'm currently on this: 250g protein, 400g carbs, 70g fat = 3230cal

I'm gaining muscle with this, but I tend to hold alot of water on this diet, I'm assuming it's the carbs. I eat clean and don't binge and drink atleast 1gal water a day. I'm thinking of dropping my carbs to about 200g per day and upping the protein and fat to stay at the same cal total per day. I'm 5'10 and 187lbs right now. I'm figuring as long as I still get my calories the 200g carbs should be enough to keep glycogen stores full to be able to still gain muscle weight, right? I also have heard this may enable me to look leaner while still gaining muscle.

will-work4ANDRO
04-12-2008, 03:20 PM
why are you upset about holding water...are you doing a show in the next couple of days?

Blue Blazer
04-12-2008, 04:19 PM
To be honest I don't think 3.2k is enough for a guy who weighs 188 to bulk...try upping carbs a bit and fats, hell you could even the protein to 1.5 grams per lb

Just my opinion, although this depends on metabolism, any activites done during the day, etc

High fats and carbs works great for me, but for some high carbs results in too much fat gain, and for some high fats has no benefit at all...

Try the current bulk you have for 2 weeks, see how it goes and if you're not satisfied, try upping the carbs, then the fats

KTHNXBYE
04-12-2008, 06:27 PM
To be honest I don't think 3.2k is enough for a guy who weighs 188 to bulk...try upping carbs a bit and fats, hell you could even the protein to 1.5 grams per lb

Just my opinion, although this depends on metabolism, any activites done during the day, etc

High fats and carbs works great for me, but for some high carbs results in too much fat gain, and for some high fats has no benefit at all...

Try the current bulk you have for 2 weeks, see how it goes and if you're not satisfied, try upping the carbs, then the fats

i would agree. up the protein a little bit. add an extra shake in somewhere. just get in a few more calories. good luck.

rchapman
04-12-2008, 08:51 PM
thanks. no shows here, lol. i'm not competing, just making descent gains right now and don't wanna do no cut right now even though summer is approaching, but i do wanna look as lean as possible.