PDA

View Full Version : heavy whipping cream in eggs

Tootella
04-11-2008, 07:11 AM
I just discovered this secret from a restaurant yesterday.

For a 3 egg omelet, add 2-4 tbsp of heavy whipping cream and cook as you normally would. Delicious, creamy, and fluffy!!

Maybe everyone already knew this, but I've been making omelets for years and just heard about this yesterday. I did it today, and DAMN!!! The eggs were amazing!!

An easy way to get more fat in your diet!!

fugeeboy
04-15-2008, 07:31 AM
I was trying to find something to add more fat to my breakfast and this helped. It taste good too so that was a plus. Keep the breakfast Keto ideas coming(They are hard to find)

Tootella
04-16-2008, 08:47 PM
i do this a few mornings a week

"pizza" omelet

3 eggs
2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
parmesan cheese
pepper
crushed red pepper

Put those in a bowl and whip together and continue with normal omelet procedure

filling... pepperoni, cheese, cream cheese and jalapenos.

instead of pepperoni, i'll either do sausage or ground beef. i cycle through these depending on what i have available (i like to have a bunch of ground beef precooked to make breakfast easier.)

The cream cheese inside the omelet gives it a nice melty cheesy creaminess and the regular cheese gives the standard cheesiness. double cheese, lots of fat, lots of flavor.

depending on my macros, i adjust the amounts of the filling. But I always do 3 eggs and 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream for my shell.

nowski1381
04-16-2008, 08:58 PM
Would never think to put cream cheese in an omlet...I'll have to try that, thanks for the recipe!

"pizza" omelet

3 eggs
parmesan cheese
pepper
crushed red pepper

instead of pepperoni, i'll either do sausage or ground beef. i cycle through these depending on what i have available (i like to have a bunch of ground beef precooked to make breakfast easier.)

The cream cheese inside the omelet gives it a nice melty cheesy creaminess and the regular cheese gives the standard cheesiness. double cheese, lots of fat, lots of flavor.

depending on my macros, i adjust the amounts of the filling. But I always do 3 eggs and 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream for my shell.

luckykris
04-22-2008, 06:07 PM

"pizza" omelet

3 eggs
parmesan cheese
pepper
crushed red pepper

HOLY Sh*t that sounds good. I gotta get to the store : )

smd70
05-11-2008, 04:09 PM
I actually added heavy cream to my eggs this morning looking into the fridge, was very good. I will def try the pizze omelet.. thanks for the recipe.

CoQ10
05-13-2008, 11:56 PM
Sounds incredible! Will give it a shot tomorrow.

Thanks for the recipe!

-C10

tweety09
05-21-2008, 04:08 AM
Tried this but with a new technique.. i saw a movie on youtube with a guy that was making something like this. He was always mixing the eggs on really low heat, the result is incredible .. really fluffy and moist.

EternalReturn
07-22-2015, 10:00 PM
I bought some heavy whipping cream today. And I will replace a half of a tablespoon of butter (50 calories) in my scrambled eggs with a tablespoon of heavy whipping cream (50 calories)

I just discovered this secret from a restaurant yesterday.

For a 3 egg omelet, add 2-4 tbsp of heavy whipping cream and cook as you normally would. Delicious, creamy, and fluffy!!

Maybe everyone already knew this, but I've been making omelets for years and just heard about this yesterday. I did it today, and DAMN!!! The eggs were amazing!!

An easy way to get more fat in your diet!!

SmackBang77
09-30-2015, 04:40 PM
I bought some heavy whipping cream today. And I will replace a half of a tablespoon of butter (50 calories) in my scrambled eggs with a tablespoon of heavy whipping cream (50 calories)

What brand of whipped cream are you using and where do you find heavy whipped cream ? Looked everywhere for it and found none

Tyler9219
02-08-2016, 12:48 PM
I will be trying this tonight for dinner! I was wondering how to add heavy cream into the diet