Ingredients

Pesto

? 4 garlic cloves
? Quarter purple onion
? 6 leaves basil
? 1 cup parmesan
? Olive oil (to right consistency

MOP

Combine all ingredients in food processor while slowly adding oil. Its important to slowly add it or it will come out wrong.

Pizza

? 2 whole grain pita breads
? Pesto
? 3 mushrooms sliced
? 2 jalape?os sliced
? 1 skinless chicken breast
? 1 cup Texas Pete hot sauce
? TT Garlic powder
? Pepperonis
? Mozzarella cheese

MOP

1. Precook frozen chicken in microwave for 6 mins on high flipping at 3 mins.
2. Slice chicken thinly and put in frying pan and cover with the Texas Pete and allow simmering until fully cooked. Shouldn?t take long sense it was micro waved and thinly sliced.
3. Spread pesto on pita bread
4. Layer of mozzarella cheese
5. Put on mushrooms and jalape?os
6. Shred fully cooked chicken and place on top of pizza
7. More mozzarella cheese
8. Top with pepperonis
9. Broil until cheese is melted and pepperonis start to bend.
10. Enjoy!

Pictures

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/mdoublec/pizzathumbnail.png

Matt58
04-10-2008, 05:47 PM
haha i just realized it looks like i'm flipping off the camera in that pic. i'm not, i'm giving a thumbs up

xVERITAS
04-10-2008, 06:18 PM
too many carbs. you cant have bread on keto. unless im unaware that they make carb free bread.

Matt58
04-10-2008, 06:47 PM
too many carbs. you cant have bread on keto. unless im unaware that they make carb free bread.

its whole grain pita bread 1 serving has 32 carbs.

1 serving is 2 and a half pita breads.

so u can eat a whole pizza and only get 6.2 carbs thats not that much.

xVERITAS
04-10-2008, 09:22 PM
the veggies have carbs too. it sounds delicious, don't get me wrong, but it just won't fit into my diet.

jhj
04-10-2008, 09:55 PM
Great recipe dude, I love the presentation and all the pics.....thanks for all the effort!

I am wondering if we could substitute the Pita with the Flax meal bread, I remember a recipe in this sub-forum.

Matt58
04-11-2008, 07:51 AM
the veggies have carbs too. it sounds delicious, don't get me wrong, but it just won't fit into my diet.

well im pretty sure even wit wit keto u gotta have something like 32g carbs a day or itll make u start feeling depressed and weak.i might be wrong idk.

and thanks jhj yea the flaxseed stuff was what i was trying to find but couldnt.

T-Wrecks
04-11-2008, 10:30 AM
well im pretty sure even wit wit keto u gotta have something like 32g carbs a day or itll make u start feeling depressed and weak.i might be wrong idk.

and thanks jhj yea the flaxseed stuff was what i was trying to find but couldnt.

Not even close to a keto recipe.

Sorry.

jhj
04-11-2008, 03:54 PM
the flaxseed stuff was what i was trying to find but couldnt.

Here ya go, I think post #6 has Eileen's recipe. I have made it in the past and actually like it.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1420191

Matt58
04-11-2008, 10:34 PM
Here ya go, I think post #6 has Eileen's recipe. I have made it in the past and actually like it.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1420191

nice wish i woulda known that before hand thx

jhj
04-13-2008, 09:43 PM
Matt: Tried your pizza with the flaxmeal bread, turned out great. Thanks for the recipe dude, I was motivated by all the pics that you posted!

Matt58
04-17-2008, 08:18 PM
Matt: Tried your pizza with the flaxmeal bread, turned out great. Thanks for the recipe dude, I was motivated by all the pics that you posted!

awesome glad u liked it =]

ThatGymDude
04-27-2008, 03:11 PM
Not even close to a keto recipe.

Sorry.
Keto or not, it tastes freakin' good ! and the carbs are pretty moderated