PDA

View Full Version : Creamy High Protein/low fat egg/tuna salad

Tootella
04-09-2008, 12:03 PM
Well, it's not much of a recipe.
This is what I have for lunch almost every day, but I used to only eat it with full fat ranch dressing. It was good, but it kind of always left me wanting to eat more, but I had already used up my calories.

Plus, I never have a problem eating enough fat. I do struggle to get enough protein in my body, especially since I don't have a lot of time to cook.

Here it goes. High protein, lowish fat, low calories. To compensate for the lack of fat, I eat a little keto friendly dessert right after. Doing this leaves me very very satisfied without overdoing the calories.

1 single serving packet of tuna
2 hard boiled eggs
1/4 cup cottage cheese (mine has 14 grams protein, 5 grams fat, 3 grams carbs per 1/2 cup)
2 tbsp of Walden Farms Honey Dijon (my new favorite thing, next to 100% cacao)

Mix it all up and chow down. It's very creamy and satisfying. If you already have the eggs boiled, you can throw your meal together in less than 2 minutes. When I would just use mayo or ranch, it wouldn't get that creamy and calorie wise, I can't afford to drown my tuna in mayo. You can chop up little pickles and jalapenos in it, too.

Calories: 285
Protein: 41 grams
Fat: 13.5 grams
Carbs: 3.5 grams

I like to follow this with some sort of chocolatey or peanut buttery or cream cheesy dessert that has a lot of fat and usually not very much protein.

My total calories for each meal is usually around 450.