PDA

View Full Version : Chocolate Cheesecake with crust

deadfingers
04-09-2008, 03:27 AM
Well I know I owe this section a few cheesecake recipes, this is taken out of "500 low carb recipes". I'm only posting those recipes I've tried and liked. I had this cheesecake a few times, pretty good and filling.

Hazelnut/Almond Crust:

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups of Hazelnuts or Almonds
1/3 cup vanilla flavored whey protein powder
4 tablespoons of butter melted

Preheat over to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

Put the Hazelnuts/Almonds in a food processor and pulse them to a medium-fine texture. Add the protein powder and butter and pulse to combine.

Spray the pie plate or springform pan with nonstick cooking spray. Press the mixture into the pan firmly and evenly. Don't try to build your crust too high up on the sides.

Place crust in a preheated oven on the bottom rack, and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until lightly browned and slightly pulling away from the sides of the pan. Remove the crust from the oven and let it cool while you make the filling.

Yield: Assuming 12 slices of cheesecake, this crust will add to each slice 4 grams of carbs and 1 gram of fiber, for a total of 3 grams of usable carbs and 10 grams of protein.

Chocolate Cheesecake:

Ingredients:

2 cups of Cottage Cheese
2 eggs
1/2 cup of Sour Cream
2 ounces of unsweetened baking chocolate, melted
1/4 cup of Splenda
1 Hazelnut/Almond crust prebaked

Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.

Put the cottage cheese, eggs, and sour cream in your blender, Run the blender, scraping down teh sides now and then, until this mixture is very smooth. Add the melted chocolate and Splenda, and blend again.

Pour into prebaked crust. Place the cake on top rack of the oven, and place a flat pan of water on teh bottom of the rack. Bake for 40-45 minutes.

Cool then chill well before serving.

Yield: 12 servings each with 7 grams of carbs, and 2 grams of fiber for a total of 5 grams of usable carbs and 16 grams of protein. (Analysis includes crust)

Enjoy. :)

echelon101
04-09-2008, 04:37 AM
OMG That's like Kosher for passover and I am not even on Keto.

Rep'd

jaim91
04-09-2008, 05:21 AM
OMG That's like Kosher for passover and I am not even on Keto.

Rep'd

ARE YOU LOOKING FOR awesome K.F.P. recipes too?! :)

Yeah buddy!!! :)

PM me if yuo see good ones!!!