PDA

View Full Version : Idiot in the gym thread

Pages : [1] 2

Bando
04-08-2008, 07:32 PM
I didn't want to start a new thread about this fella, but I went back like 8 pages and couldn't find an "Idiot" thread to add to, so here goes:

There's 3 Oly stations at my gym, for heavy Oly style lifts (hence there name). This morning I was doing DL's & Trap bar shrug supersets, and the 2 other platforms were guys doing squats. I get done with my Supersets and am loading plates onto the bar for Behind the neck press. A guy walks up on the platform next to mine and makes to take the weights off one of the squatters bars, "anyone using this?" "yea," I said and point to a guy coming back from the water fountain.

I said "do you wanna use this station?" (I'm thinking I've hogged it awhile) "Sure" so I start clearing away my straps, trap bar etc and before I can finish ...he's doing....

can you guess?

Jimislash
04-08-2008, 07:33 PM
Curls?

Dylan.M
04-08-2008, 07:33 PM
curls

Bando
04-08-2008, 07:39 PM
Curls?

For the win!!! All 65 lbs. of them. 8 other places to do them in our gym, but the Oly platform was where these curls needed to be done.

ntrllftr
04-08-2008, 07:46 PM
great thread for this video! :)
I laugh every time...

uCj8Yr290tE

Bando
04-08-2008, 07:52 PM
I laugh every time...

uCj8Yr290tE

LMAO! the music was great, my personal favorite is obnoxious spotter guy.

Skidmarx
04-08-2008, 08:23 PM
Funny. :D

They forgot curl-bar-in-the-squat-rack guy, and 2"-ROM-800LB-Leg-Press guy. lol

Bando
04-08-2008, 08:48 PM
Funny. :D

They forgot curl-bar-in-the-squat-rack guy, and 2"-ROM-800LB-Leg-Press guy. lol

Mr. talk to you when your in a rep guy, Mr. smelly guy, Mr. guy who spots you and lifts it for you, Mr. Leave the weights on the bar and go home, Mr. "yes I'm currently using all 8 stations on my circuit," lotta guys they missed, but they got some of the regulars from my gym.

REALCHIEF
04-08-2008, 08:51 PM
For the win!!! All 65 lbs. of them. 8 other places to do them in our gym, but the Oly platform was where these curls needed to be done.

Thats hilarious!!!

TangoandCash
04-08-2008, 08:59 PM
The Machine Lurker KILLED ME. hahahahahahahahah!!!!

That's what I'm talking about. You can feel their eyes. It seems like there are swarms of them even though it usually just one guy. There everywhere!

Great video.

sixzebra
04-08-2008, 09:23 PM
That was hilarious! Should be mandatory viewing before working out.

tomdana
04-08-2008, 11:07 PM
The guy that is doing dumbell laterals with full body motion like the early experiments in human flight. That guy follows me to every cheesy hotel gym I am at when travelling.

Virusas
04-08-2008, 11:13 PM
I laugh every time...

uCj8Yr290tE

ha ha nice one

CYLON RAIDER
04-08-2008, 11:38 PM
I'm a grunter sorry. :p Trying very hard not to run over gym lurker guy while doing my sled drags lol

Reality_Check
04-08-2008, 11:58 PM
I feel your pain

V-240
04-09-2008, 12:45 AM
They forgot the "ILS" guy. :)

Damon Smith
04-09-2008, 04:38 AM
That video is funny. At the squat rack they will also do bench pressing. Go figure.

Capt_Lou
04-16-2008, 08:42 AM
last night while doing SLDL's this kid walks in wearing those shorts that go down to his calfs, wife beater on and a bandana around his head. Well he picks up a couple of 35lb DB's and start doing some weird db curls. This would have been no big deal but as I look closer he has a frickin Cigarette hanging from his mouth!

Everyone in the weight area pretty much stops and stares at this idiot. I just burst out laughing.

faisji
04-16-2008, 08:47 AM
Yea had a kid today doing lateral raises with 10 lbs dumbells and grunting in the squat rack.

IronIc
04-16-2008, 08:57 AM
Haha, that video is too funny :D

Ah, the no-towel guy ... so gross! :eek:

PLANETGETLOW
04-16-2008, 08:58 AM
The Machine Lurker KILLED ME. hahahahahahahahah!!!!

That's what I'm talking about. You can feel their eyes. It seems like there are swarms of them even though it usually just one guy. There everywhere!

Great video.

There's an older gal at my gym that does the EXACT same thing. She'll literally put up a bench and sit in front of me and wait. What's pathetic is that there's two or three other techniques she can use to complete the exercise but she HAS to use the power-rack to do them I guess.

She asked me in the middle of a set one-time "Are you going to be much longer?"........I was like WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF From that point on I purposely make her wait LONG.......

oldcool
04-16-2008, 09:10 AM
I am going to start a WTF are those guys doing squatting in the curl rack thread. There are many pieces of equipment you can do squats and DLs
(Smith, hammer strength, dumbell squats) with a little imagination. Taking up the curl rack for your 2" range of motion is RUDE!!! You can even do those rollie ball on the wall squats!!!

doofusdave
04-16-2008, 09:13 AM
I laugh every time...

uCj8Yr290tE

omfg! That's the funniest thing I've ever seen! The obnoxious spotter is the best :)

simsjim215
04-16-2008, 10:46 AM
Regretably, on occation, I have been the Protien Fart Guy. Great way to get the bench you want though.......

That video is a riot. I see all of those guys at my gym almost every time I go.

The Obnoxious Spotter had me rolling on the floor.

hardwarz
04-16-2008, 10:51 AM
What if I like the obnoxious spotter?

Hardwarz

fierce40
04-16-2008, 10:58 AM
A few weeks ago I went to a gym I hadn't been to in awhile and was using the hammer strength for chest. This woman trainer (who doesn't look like she practices what she preaches) gets up in my face and told me I needed to adjust the seat so I would hit my pecs. Um, I think I'm a judge of what's hitting my pecs. She had a client on the same machine with 5 lb plates on. This poor lady is throwing her money away.

chodan9
04-16-2008, 10:59 AM
Regretably, on occation, I have been the Protien Fart Guy. Great way to get the bench you want though.......

so YOU!! are the phantom farter!!

Gorilladf
04-16-2008, 01:31 PM
I'll accept shoulder presses in the squat rack.

But I'm so damn TIRED of people curling in it!!! I'm seriously thinking of making a sign and taping it to the rack!!

Jimmer1220
04-16-2008, 07:41 PM
That video was so funny I couldnt stop lauging.. especially the "obnoxious spotter" .... ive seen so many of those at the gym it isnt even funny.

Athena
04-16-2008, 08:30 PM
so YOU!! are the phantom farter!!

ummmmm...

girls fart too

:o

but my fav pet peeve (we don't have squat rack hogs at the gym) is the "I'm too weak to lift the heavy dumbbells and carry them away from the weight rack in order to do full ROM exercises with proper form so I'll just block everyone for now while I barely move these suckers and grunt like I'm working hard" ... guy.

clusternakker
04-17-2008, 05:13 AM
Funny vid :D

Theres also the lat pull down monkey, high weight and swings in all directions to get the bar down, theres a youth at my gym who ends up nearly horizontal with the bar almost at his groin.

mikieson
04-17-2008, 06:03 AM
I was on the legpress a few years ago...had 1000lbs on it..and every time I went down with the weight, I would "poot"...lol...My friend was there and still to this day we laugh about it...Very funny at the moment..hahaa

redneckfatty
04-17-2008, 06:24 AM
I'll accept shoulder presses in the squat rack.

But I'm so damn TIRED of people curling in it!!! I'm seriously thinking of making a sign and taping it to the rack!!

about ten years ago when i was a regular at the gym I used to curk in the squat rack. there were only two racks and one smith and I would always hog one. well, it was two other big dudes and me..

the "mirror section" where the DBs and curling bars were was always fulls of housewives and guys that look like housewives so there wasnt much choice. If we would pound out some crushers or curls over there it would just get frustrating because of all the numbnuts getting in the way. so we just stuck to our side which consisted of the racks, benches, press benches, preacher curl bench, and some hammer strength machines..

claycat
04-17-2008, 07:12 AM
Omgosh, loved that video! I liked the sightseer (can realate) and the lurker.

johnrich69
04-17-2008, 08:39 AM
LOL,,,Great vid!!! I needed a laugh this morning. The funny thing is is that just about every gym across the nation has these "types" in there.

Gaskicker
04-17-2008, 11:42 AM
I just moved and changed gyms, but 4 workouts there and I've already spotted almost all those guys. My last gym had a couple guys that could fill almost all those categories between them. I really hate the BS'er guys, the cell-phone guys, the scrawny-ass pencil neck-tell-everybody-how-to-lift guys.

Bando
10-07-2008, 06:20 PM
I've seen this fella around who always carries a squat bar pad, never saw him use it until today. He uses it on the bench so when the bar bounces off his chest it doesn't bruise his delicate sternum.

For crying out loud, I'd thought I had seen it all.

StressMonkey
10-07-2008, 10:55 PM
I've seen this fella around who always carries a squat bar pad, never saw him use it until today. He uses it on the bench so when the bar bounces off his chest it doesn't bruise his delicate sternum.

That is very strange.

GeHfN VAlLiS
10-07-2008, 11:07 PM

Damn, that's a new one. (no padding)

gleko
10-07-2008, 11:21 PM

I love that, carry around your own bar pad.

then of course there are the guys with no pride whatsoever.
My young son (ten years old) has asked recently if he could work out, I told him yes but he had to learn all the basic lifts first. No problem, we have been doing it in the gym in our apartment building ( I don't work out there cause there are no decent weights).
the other day we walked in to do his workout and there was a guy already in there on the eliptical(?) puffing away running .2 km a day. After some sweating and grunting (and I **** you not!!!) loud burping, he walks across to the dumbell rack, I can't help but watch him because he is heading for the very light weight end of the rack. He starts to pick up the 1kg dumbells, spies me in the corner of his eye and decides to pick up the 3kg bells.
He does some weird shoulder press arm curl bell wavey exercise thingy for a couple of minutes returns the bells and heads onto the running machine, same run/walkey pace does his DB swingy, shoulder curl thingy a couple more times then leaves.
meanwhile my son has been doing his workout and finishes, (deadlifts, bench, squat, overhead press).
he walks over to the 3kg weights and picks one up, try's to curl one and says " they are pretty heavy" I say, try pressing it over your head, he does, laughs and puts the weight back.
Damn, 30 year old gets slammed by my ten year old.
Loved it
man who lifts 1kg weight in gym has no pride.
:)

m1k3g0rd
10-08-2008, 07:20 AM

That is a strange one... I've always used those pads as a pillow under my head while benching, it makes it sooo much more comfortable.

Be_Blunt
10-08-2008, 12:01 PM

Unfortunately, I was that guy this morning! Sorry to anyone who attends my gym and was doing legs today! Yeah, that was me.

Be_Blunt
10-08-2008, 12:04 PM
ummmmm...

girls fart too

but my fav pet peeve (we don't have squat rack hogs at the gym) is the "I'm too weak to lift the heavy dumbbells and carry them away from the weight rack in order to do full ROM exercises with proper form so I'll just block everyone for now while I barely move these suckers and grunt like I'm working hard" ... guy.

".... and while I'm blocking everyone my butt is right in your face if you're on one of the benches in front of the DB rack."

mp9750
10-08-2008, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the posts!! This is why i really love my home gym!

Be_Blunt
10-08-2008, 01:14 PM
Oh yeah, we forgot the "I'm really fat and out of shape but all I seem to ever do is lat-pulldowns and shower" guy. In addition, there's the ever-present "You'll never actually see me working out because I only seem to hang around the showers, naked" guy.

And maybe I'm alone here, but I really hate the "I'm super-hot and have an automatic expectation that every male in the gym is after me, and I like it" lady. To her I say, get over yourself. You're not that hot, and even if you are I can bang you any time I want in my mind and there's nothing you can do to stop me. So there!

Shane222
10-08-2008, 01:55 PM
I can't see the video ? Just a blank white square

Could someone post a link please? thanks!

mp9750
10-08-2008, 02:33 PM
I can't see the video ? Just a blank white square

Could someone post a link please? thanks!

Here you go:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=uCj8Yr290tE

alec_braithwait
10-08-2008, 05:07 PM
Of course don't forget the guy that does side raises 6 inches away from the rack so you have to wait till he's done before you can get to any dumbells in the 25-45lb range

gbg
10-08-2008, 05:18 PM
Of course don't forget the guy that does side raises 6 inches away from the rack so you have to wait till he's done before you can get to any dumbells in the 25-45lb range

That really pisses me off!!!

Karl_Hungus
10-08-2008, 07:50 PM

Wow....funny you mentioned this, because I saw the EXACT same thing for the first time in my life about a week ago. This guy gets a pad, puts it on the bar, so that he could basically use his sternum as a trampoline on the decline bench. It was ri-goddamn-diculous....I wonder what he thinks he is accomplishing with that.

Beklet
10-09-2008, 03:47 AM
And maybe I'm alone here, but I really hate the "I'm super-hot and have an automatic expectation that every male in the gym is after me, and I like it" lady. To her I say, get over yourself. You're not that hot, and even if you are I can bang you any time I want in my mind and there's nothing you can do to stop me. So there!

:D

There are some women like that at my gym - no word of a lie, I turned up a couple of days ago, went to get changed, and there was a girl sitting on the bench in her underwear, all blinged up, putting her make up on and doing her hair.
She got changed into some ghetto vest and baggy trackies outfit then arranged her black lace underpants so they were sitting exactly an inch above her (white) trousers.....

Oh, and then she went into the gym and got onto the elliptical...WTF? :eek:

There are a few of them though and I get filthy looks off them for daring to sweat on things.... ;)

gbg
10-09-2008, 04:11 AM
I hate when females come into the free weight area and start doing a ridiculous number of reps weights with an embarrassing amount of weight!!!!
Makes the Gender look bad stick to the machines.

Beklet
10-09-2008, 04:24 AM
I hate when females come into the free weight area and start doing a ridiculous number of reps weights with an embarrassing amount of weight!!!!

Ah sorry - was light day for legs yesterday.... :D

gbg
10-09-2008, 04:32 AM
Ah sorry - was light day for legs yesterday.... :D

A light day is a light day ;) but every day has got to go.

GnomusMaximus
10-09-2008, 06:44 AM
Freakin idiots. Didn't have time to make the extra little drive to "my" weightroom last night so I hit the university gym (benifit of having a spouse on faculty). They have 4 count them 4 squat racks, and 1 count it 1 lifting platform. So there are 2 kids there doing squats on the platform with 115lbs and the BAR PAD. That was lbs NOT kg by the way. Meanwhile the racks are empty. So I'm a patient guy, I make myself very obvious that I'm waiting for the platform.

After a set or so at 115, 2 little giggling coeds come over to the studmuffins with their little program and ask them what wrist curls are. This leads to a 5 minute mostly giggling conversation while my blood pressure increases. Finally I say "Are you guys doing more sets, because I need the platform for Deads?!" This leads to scared looks, one more hurried set and a very clumsy attemt to take a 25 and 10 from each side of the bar. Meanwhile the girls (twittle dee dee and twittle dee act dumb) are getting in my way trying to get little plates, moving like some kind of bizarre insect mating dance. Finally I get the whole crew the f out my way and decide it's time to remind these kids who the silverback in this weightroom is. Made for a good pull workout though. Wound up with the Ipod so loud my ears were bleeding, and by the time I got done with DL's everyone had moved very far away from me.

Jake57
10-09-2008, 09:05 AM
I can't stand it when people let their dumbbells/barbells hit the floor from a great height. To everyone who does that and thinks it's OK or cool: If you can't put it down, don't pick it up! Seriously. None of us are impressed by the noise and earthquake you create. Except you maybe.

EnigmaPower
10-09-2008, 09:09 AM
And there is my personal favorite "barbell boy" that unloads 2 45 lb plates from one side of the barbell while everybody else watches the barbell doing a full gainer over the bench. I think that guy needs more brain food :)

namtrag
10-09-2008, 09:13 AM
Actually saw a guy doing side bends today. Never seen a guy do them before.

Also bugs me to see the guys grab the broomstick and do those weird twisty things with it over their back.

The worst was the guy doing horizontal shoulder presses, I kid you not, he was lying flat on the bench doing db shoulder presses with very light weight. I can't even fathom what he was hoping to accomplish.

namtrag
10-09-2008, 09:14 AM
And there is my personal favorite "barbell boy" that unloads 2 45 lb plates from one side of the barbell while everybody else watches the barbell doing a full gainer over the bench. I think that guy needs more brain food :)

Everyone does that ONCE! lol

Marius_Ursus
10-09-2008, 09:17 AM
Everyone does that ONCE! lol

Does everyone also load one side of the bar with more weight than the other once?

I know I did. I ended up throwing the bar sideways. LOL

namtrag
10-09-2008, 09:23 AM
Does everyone also load one side of the bar with more weight than the other once?

I know I did. I ended up throwing the bar sideways. LOL

I have NEVER done that. lol

gleko
10-09-2008, 09:55 AM
I have NEVER done that. lol

Hey Marius, just so you don'[t feel too alone, I have done it, worst time was on a bench press. I was talking to someone, not paying attention, lifted the half heavy half light bar and nearly dropped it on my neck.

TN_WORKOUT
10-09-2008, 11:05 AM
Dumbbell dufus. Won't put em back and/or occupies the space in front of all the dumbells.

Chest machine chump. Works his chest and legs all at the same time by alternating chest press with leg press...on the chest press machine.

Low back extension loser. Works his legs on that machine more than his low back. Somebody ought to introduce him to deadlifts.

Shoulder, lateral raise machine moron. Looks more like the karate kid as he squats down while raising his arms up. Hopefully he's getting some cardio on that machine, because you know he ain't getting a good muscle burn.

One and done. That guy that only does bench press before hitting the showers. His idea of a full workout is bench press & arm curls.

Al (as in Alzheimer). The guy that seemingly never can remember where he got his weights from.

Nudie Rudy. Ladies, be glad your loker room is separate.

Peter the eater. I don't like making fun of folks in the gym (at least they are in there trying while the folks on the street aren't).....but, why can't that big guy lose weight? He's in the gym all the time and you'd swear he hasn't dropped a single pound. Don't confuse Peter the eater with Mass Building Mike. Peter doesn't go around telling folks he's trying to put on mass. Peter (poor guy) seems to be wanting to drop a few pounds.

namtrag
10-09-2008, 11:09 AM
We really do have Nudie Rudy in our gym, THAT guy who blow dries his balls.

He also sets up in the boys locker in the morning, no one else uses it. He sets up about 3-4 bottles of cologne.

Never works out, just sits in the sauna, and then he showers.

Hmm, wonder why he comes to the gym?

Be_Blunt
10-09-2008, 11:49 AM

There are some women like that at my gym - no word of a lie, I turned up a couple of days ago, went to get changed, and there was a girl sitting on the bench in her underwear, all blinged up, putting her make up on and doing her hair.
She got changed into some ghetto vest and baggy trackies outfit then arranged her black lace underpants so they were sitting exactly an inch above her (white) trousers.....

There are a few of them though and I get filthy looks off them for daring to sweat on things.... ;)

WTF Indeed! I think that you should be allowed to verbally abuse a woman for applying makeup before working out. The whole underpants arrangement ought to be grounds for immediate caning.

To be fair, I think that verbal abuse should also be heaped upon the guys that primp themselves before a workout as well. (i.e. hair dryer, hair spray, cologne, etc.)

As far as the dirty looks go, I doubt it's because you're sweating ON things. It's probably because you're sweating AT ALL! :)

gympunk
10-09-2008, 11:24 PM
Really at my Golds everyone's pretty cool, whether 15 or 60. BUT there are a few crews of college guys who just talk and talk, NEVER see them lifting much at all. I walk around with sweat pouring oiff of me half the time, I lift pretty intensely.

Be_Blunt
10-10-2008, 03:26 PM
So today this big fat ape comes into the gym with his big fat ape wife. They lumber immiediately over to the free-weights section and grab some ez-curl bars. 20 lbs for her and 40 lbs for him. He tells his wife that "it's all about the resistance" and then they procede to basically hold the bars out in front of them for a while. After that, they move on to other bicep excercises (cable curls, etc.). The whole time, this idiot has his "tunes" going and he's singing along with the ipod. Loud. The best part is that he's listening to Prince or something because he keeps screeching in this high pitched voice which sounds like a cross between a cat being skinned alive and a baby who just got lemon juice all over his diaper rash. This happens whenever he's not grunting, which happens almost everytime he moves anything.

Luckily, after about 3 bicep exercises they were gone. Must've been a sale on doughnuts next door....

gleko
10-11-2008, 06:47 AM
So today this big fat ape comes into the gym with his big fat ape wife. They lumber immiediately over to the free-weights section and grab some ez-curl bars. 20 lbs for her and 40 lbs for him. He tells his wife that "it's all about the resistance" and then they procede to basically hold the bars out in front of them for a while. After that, they move on to other bicep excercises (cable curls, etc.). The whole time, this idiot has his "tunes" going and he's singing along with the ipod. Loud. The best part is that he's listening to Prince or something because he keeps screeching in this high pitched voice which sounds like a cross between a cat being skinned alive and a baby who just got lemon juice all over his diaper rash. This happens whenever he's not grunting, which happens almost everytime he moves anything.

Luckily, after about 3 bicep exercises they were gone. Must've been a sale on doughnuts next door....

hey don't knock it, donuts are the new protein powder:D

LOL

nimbusthecat
10-11-2008, 07:42 PM
I personally can't stand it when someone uses a cell phone between sets. Of course, the time between sets for many of these guys is like 5-10 minutes!

SR800
10-12-2008, 05:48 AM
I hate it when I visit a gym and and all the hotties come out of nowhere and start rubbing my body and taking off their clothes and asking me too......

no wait that was a dream :D

gympunk
10-12-2008, 08:56 AM
I hate it when I visit a gym and and all the hotties come out of nowhere and start rubbing my body and taking off their clothes and asking me too......no wait that was a dream :D

Isn't that all our secret fantasy?? Years ago I did see a XXX video where some lucky guys got that treatment, never looked at a Flat Bench and getting, umm, "spotted" doing pull ups the same way since!!

StressMonkey
10-12-2008, 09:07 AM
There was a really weird guy in the gym yesterday. He was doing flat dumbbell benching with maybe 40 pound dumbbells at max. It sounded like he was having the big "O" the way he was moaning (and really loudly). The weird thing was is that he only did it on his first rep. After that he was silent for the other 14 or so reps. When it was time for the first rep of the next set "UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH". So weird.

freewheel
10-12-2008, 06:53 PM
Deadlifts in the squat rack....not rack pulls, off the floor deads, when there are two deadlift stations 10 feet away and people are needin' the squat rack.

freewheel
10-12-2008, 06:55 PM
Oh, and I saw a guy doing his laundry in the shower....That was a new one.

gleko
10-12-2008, 11:57 PM
The partner assisted 1/4 rep deadlift bench press. grunting from both parties so it's difficult to tell which is the the assistor and which is the assistee.

Ophus
10-13-2008, 07:35 AM
Someone has already said it, but I will repeat anyway. The view isn't as good, but I like my home gym even better after reading threads like this!

EnigmaPower
10-13-2008, 07:46 AM
The partner assisted 1/4 rep deadlift bench press. grunting from both parties so it's difficult to tell which is the the assistor and which is the assistee.

My gym has the upright row/bench tag team...

dhartnet
10-13-2008, 09:09 AM
We're pretty lucky where we go, not too many bone-heads there. There is one guy I named "Flex Girthington" though. He's got the ILS, he's in decent shape, except his belly is huge, which looks odd because he wears the tight wife-beater and it looks like a hard round Milwaukee Tumor or something. The rest of him is thin and in shape. Of course he struts around and cant get out of the mirror...

Sort of humourous...

BillyBatts
10-13-2008, 09:30 AM
My brother told me about two guys that workout in his gym. They mostly use machines instead of free weights. They set each machine at the maximum amount of weight, but never manage to perform a single full rep because its too heavy for them. Instead, they manage to move the weight stack only about an inch or two. They will do about 8 reps per set. As a result, they perform a 60 minute workout in which they do not perform a single full rep. They mostly grunt and move the weights an inch or two. One of the two guys looks in fairly decent shape while the other is seriously overweight without much muscle.

Can such a workout be effective? Has anyone ever heard of such a workout?

Keltron
10-13-2008, 09:34 AM
My gym has the upright row/bench tag team...

hahaha! We've got the Trifecta going on.. There's this trio that does nothing but bench every time I see them. One lays on the bench and pushes the weight upward while a fountain of saliva gushes from his mouth and an imaginary train passes through the space between the bench and his lower back. The other guy stands over him and gets an awesome mixed grip barbell row in and the third guy crouches down next to the bencher, yells motivational phrases. They do a bout 4-6 reps and then they rotate positions.

Keltron
10-13-2008, 09:35 AM
My brother told me about two guys that workout in his gym. They mostly use machines instead of free weights. They set each machine at the maximum amount of weight, but never manage to perform a single full rep because its too heavy for them. Instead, they manage to move the weight stack only about an inch or two. They will do about 8 reps per set. As a result, they perform a 60 minute workout in which they do not perform a single full rep. They mostly grunt and move the weights an inch or two. One of the two guys looks in fairly decent shape while the other is seriously overweight without much muscle.

Can such a workout be effective? Has anyone ever heard of such a workout?
It's more of a workout for the ego.

Roger035
10-14-2008, 08:06 PM
I had my " idiot in the gym " experience last night. Some dude loads up the leg press machine with twenty-two 45ld plates with 11 on each side. This guy weighed no more than a buck fifty and some change. So, he's concentrating on making the leg press, and then he ends up doing 3 reps of calf presses !!! He then goes to his friend across the gym and his friend shoots a photo of his calves with his phone camara with him flexing his calves. So, I wait after I do my sets on the T-bar row. 10 minutes later, I noticed that the leg press machine is still STACKED !! I walk over to the dude and ask him if he's finish with the machine. He tells me yes, he's done with the machine. So, I kindly ask him to RE-RACK ALL THOSE PLATES BACK ONTO THE PLATE RACK. He said, why ? I told him since you loaded that machine with all those freakin plates, you best put them back in repect to other gym members that want to use the same machine. He then proceeded to put back all the weights he loaded up.

Bando
10-14-2008, 08:45 PM
I kindly ask him to RE-RACK ALL THOSE PLATES BACK ONTO THE PLATE RACK. He said, why ? I told him since you loaded that machine with all those freakin plates, you best put them back in repect to other gym members that want to use the same machine. He then proceeded to put back all the weights he loaded up.

Nice. Repped.

I don't understand how people can't realize that if a piece of equipment is loaded it looks to be in use and unavailable. I had to strip the T-Bar in my gym of a single 5lb weight recently so I could use it, I wasn't bothered by the fact that someone would come complain - after all, it's 5 lbs.

If you start stripping a ton of weight off a machine you don't know who will walk up, so you probably won't do it.

I think the long term lifters are the most respectful of the equipment/rules and newbie punks are the most likely to abuse the rules. Fortunately the punks don't stay around long.

Nikonguy
10-14-2008, 08:49 PM
Ooooh SNAP! You should have gotten a picture of that with YOUR phone camera, LOL. Good job!

EnigmaPower
10-14-2008, 10:03 PM
hahaha! We've got the Trifecta going on.. There's this trio that does nothing but bench every time I see them. One lays on the bench and pushes the weight upward while a fountain of saliva gushes from his mouth and an imaginary train passes through the space between the bench and his lower back. The other guy stands over him and gets an awesome mixed grip barbell row in and the third guy crouches down next to the bencher, yells motivational phrases. They do a bout 4-6 reps and then they rotate positions.

Today it was the wide grip pulldown/one arm triceps pushdown duo. Just lower the weight...really isn't that hard to figure out.

BillyBatts
10-15-2008, 08:53 AM
I had my " idiot in the gym " experience last night. Some dude loads up the leg press machine with twenty-two 45ld plates with 11 on each side. This guy weighed no more than a buck fifty and some change. So, he's concentrating on making the leg press, and then he ends up doing 3 reps of calf presses !!! He then goes to his friend across the gym and his friend shoots a photo of his calves with his phone camara with him flexing his calves. So, I wait after I do my sets on the T-bar row. 10 minutes later, I noticed that the leg press machine is still STACKED !! I walk over to the dude and ask him if he's finish with the machine. He tells me yes, he's done with the machine. So, I kindly ask him to RE-RACK ALL THOSE PLATES BACK ONTO THE PLATE RACK. He said, why ? I told him since you loaded that machine with all those freakin plates, you best put them back in repect to other gym members that want to use the same machine. He then proceeded to put back all the weights he loaded up.

You da Man!!! Great job putting that inconsiderate showoff in his place.

namtrag
10-15-2008, 09:10 AM
Someone has already said it, but I will repeat anyway. The view isn't as good, but I like my home gym even better after reading threads like this!

Well, the opportunity to oogle the pretty girls far outweighs the occasional idiots that come in, so I will stick with the commercial gym for now!

Marius_Ursus
10-15-2008, 09:17 AM

But mah calves was all swole, brah!

Keltron
10-15-2008, 09:32 AM

What a moron.. doesn't realize that calves are high endurance muscles and get more growth when they are trained w/light weight, high reps. Good job on setting him straight.

namtrag
10-15-2008, 09:37 AM
I feel sorry for people who need to do calf raises.

Marius_Ursus
10-15-2008, 10:11 AM
I feel sorry for people who need to do calf raises.

The joke's on them. I've never met anyone who needed to do calf raises who actually didn't get better results from deads and squats. :D

namtrag
10-15-2008, 10:19 AM
I see your point, but what I meant is, I feel sorry for anyone who needs to do something to get their calves bigger. Mine are 17.5" with no work.

My biceps on the other hand, took me forever to get them to 16", and have a hard time keeping them there.

Anyway, back to the idiots....guy today was kneeling on a fairly large swiss ball while doing shoulder presses, or should I say, attempting to kneel.

sancarlosrob
10-15-2008, 02:26 PM
Just switched gyms from my local university to LA Fitness. I'm used to seeing college-aged kids that have never picked up a weight and perform exercises with incorrect form but there's a few characters at my new gym that make me do double takes. Watched a guy do 1/8 squats, on a smith machine with 400lbs on the bar then proceed to the leag press where he puts 8 plates on each side. You probably guessed that yes, the plates only moved up and down a few inches. Have to give the guy credit though, he had matching gloves, weight belt and tank top.

Too many stories to detail right now - I'm a noob here and have plenty of time.

JeepCreeper
10-15-2008, 02:39 PM
I laugh every time...

uCj8Yr290tE

At 2:01 the guy in the background is picking his nose. :D

decatrender
10-15-2008, 03:26 PM
At 2:01 the guy in the background is picking his nose. :D

Haha. Funny. You are right. Good catch I didn't notice the 42 other times I looked at it.

Be_Blunt
10-15-2008, 04:17 PM

Dude you rock. That's freakin AWESOME! How red was the punk's face?

JerseyJohnInWA
10-15-2008, 05:24 PM
I have a grunter in my gym who does this loud "ooh-gaaaaa" grunt for every rep as if he is the only one working with free weights.

Same guy is what I call "Wifebeater/tanktop Weight Must Change Guy". No doubt this guy weights himself after every workout, when he is all pumped up. But, here is the kicker - he has to remove his wifebeater/tanktop to weigh himself each time he gets on the scale.

"Wifebeater/Tanktop Weight Must Change Guy" - If you are on here (LA Fitness - Tacoma, WA) I assure you that your tanktop probably weighs the same every time you are in the gym. I promise. So, let's say that you weigh yourself with your tanktop on EACH TIME then the difference in your weight will remain the same. Plus, your tanktop can't weigh more than an ounce or two so the amount of weight you gain/lose from water loss, etc. is probably greater than that of your tanktop. Keep it on next time.

CrossFreak
10-15-2008, 07:32 PM

Ok, today I was beside a woman doing cardio with about a quart of some very obnoxious (and noxious) perfume on. I guess she didn't want to offend anyone in case she sweated.

EnigmaPower
10-15-2008, 09:46 PM
He went onto explain that its the process of him converting fat into muscle and he's getting heavier because muscle's heavier than fat
Idiot in and out of the gym. I wonder how fat cells morph into muscle cells. Guess he owns the bodybuilders philosophers stone. The thing he said about muscle being heavier than fat made me chuckle. I never knew 1 lb of muscle was heavier than 1 lb of fat.

jras
10-16-2008, 12:10 AM
I know the feeling,First some skinny punk asks to work in on squats with my buddy and I,no problem,the gym is busy,I don't mind.So we do a couple of w/u sets of 135,then we go to 225 and he starts telling me I'm doing it all wrong,Well,I do them deep ATG,and he tells me I'm cheating,his "buddy" says thats wrong.So I watch his perfect way and I had to laugh,I told thats why your legs are so skinny, no calves,and 225 was to much for him.He keeps going on about proper technique,yet he was lifting his heels struggling,going 1/4 of the way.So I put it up to 335 and he says we are going to heavy,we'll hurt our backs LOL.And then as if that wasn't enough,2 guys ask if we are going to be done soon,standing there staring at us,impatiently waiting,So we finish early to be courteous,and all they do is chin-ups,and poorly to boot.Well I snap,lose it and tell the college boys never ,ever interrupt me on squat day F**K! I hate commercial gyms.

snoack
10-16-2008, 08:30 AM
Reading some of these posts makes me realize how lucky I am to work out at home. I'd probably kill somebody if I had to deal with this crap.

Firminator4
10-16-2008, 08:49 AM
I can't stand it when people let their dumbbells/barbells hit the floor from a great height. To everyone who does that and thinks it's OK or cool: If you can't put it down, don't pick it up! Seriously. None of us are impressed by the noise and earthquake you create. Except you maybe.

Amen. The hex DB's in our gym are constantly getting damaged by the clowns that do this.

gleko
10-16-2008, 09:27 AM
Idiot in and out of the gym. I wonder how fat cells morph into muscle cells. Guess he owns the bodybuilders philosophers stone. The thing he said about muscle being heavier than fat made me chuckle. I never knew 1 lb of muscle was heavier than 1 lb of fat.

I won't even begin to tell you how I turn my fat into muscle:D

EnigmaPower
10-16-2008, 09:31 AM
I won't even begin to tell you how I turn my fat into muscle:D

Alchemy?

Roger035
10-16-2008, 10:36 AM

Amen. The hex DB's in our gym are constantly getting damaged by the clowns that do this.

Ah man. I hate this as well. This cat was pressing 80 ld. DB's and he dropped them down at such a great height that the DB rolled over to me and hit my ankle while I was setting up to do my set of DB bench press. I said, " YO !! YOU CAN'T BE DROPPING THE WEIGHT LIKE THAT BRO !! YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENED ? THAT DB HIT MY ANKLE !! YOU WOULDN'T WANT ME TO DROP THESE 120 LD. DB AT YOUR ANKLE, WOULD YOU !!! " He then moved to a 60 ld DB's so that he can " PLACE " the DB CAREFULLY down.

namtrag
10-16-2008, 10:41 AM
I am glad that didn't happen to Bodyhard, the dude would be dead.

Be_Blunt
10-16-2008, 12:19 PM
Ah man. I hate this as well. This cat was pressing 80 ld. DB's and he dropped them down at such a great height that the DB rolled over to me and hit my ankle while I was setting up to do my set of DB bench press. I said, " YO !! YOU CAN'T BE DROPPING THE WEIGHT LIKE THAT BRO !! YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENED ? THAT DB HIT MY ANKLE !! YOU WOULDN'T WANT ME TO DROP THESE 120 LD. DB AT YOUR ANKLE, WOULD YOU !!! " He then moved to a 60 ld DB's so that he can " PLACE " the DB CAREFULLY down.

Saw this this morning. Some dude on an oly flat bench doing DB presses with maybe 40lbs. After each set, he drops the DB's from as high as he can, then immediately looks around to see who's paying attention to him. Of course, in the padded DB area there are 2 flat benches wide open for use but we all know that the DB's make a lot louder and cooler noise when they're dropped on a non-rubberized floor.

Effing morons....

EnigmaPower
10-17-2008, 12:11 PM
I understand hack squats and why some people prefer to do them facing in towards the machine but today I saw a guy on a highway to severe spinal injury. He was doing hack squats facing the machine and at the bottom of his squat he would jump (feet actually left the platform). He was using 3 plates per side! What was the purpose of putting that kind of compression on your spine? I am actually surprised the gym let him continue doing that. IMO, this guy qualifies for gym idiot of the century.

ETA - today I finally saw a guy curling in the power rack while an older guy was waiting for it so the curler kindly moved over to the squat rack while the old guy did wrist rollups in the power rack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marius_Ursus
10-17-2008, 12:13 PM
Maybe he thought he was doing some hardcore plyometrics.

Be_Blunt
10-17-2008, 02:19 PM

A) Good for you! It's all fun and games till someone gets a foot/ankle crushed from this dumb-ass behavior.
B) You're DB pressing with 120 lbs? You MONSTER!

macster
10-17-2008, 04:10 PM
I laugh every time...

uCj8Yr290tE

this is funny ***t . lol
obnoxios spotter is the best
the machine lurker 1:47/3:15- love the facial expression man!

..dont be that guy..hahaha

http://forexdaytradertips.com/img/297/q08q0930rafs/pixel.gif

gleko
10-18-2008, 07:50 AM
Alchemy?

AHahha
getting a fat in Australian English has a whole different meaning, :eek:

But I love your retort though:D

scott213
10-19-2008, 06:34 AM
I always enjoy these stories, but never had anything new to add until now. This morning I went to the gym about 5am. The gym was empty with the exception of one other member. This guy was wearing black slacks, dress shoes, and a white dress shirt...like a Olive Garden waiter. When I came in he was sitting at the leg extension machine, watching nascar. He stayed on that machine for about 20 minutes, never using it. Then he moved to the recumbent bike, where he switched between laying his head down, and watching the tv. He spent about 30 minutes doing that, never actually pedaling the bike. The last 10 minutes I was there he moved to the thigh abduction machine, where he did 2 sets. When I left he was still at the machine, watching tv. I suppose its possible his wife threw him out, but it was still weird.

halogenic
10-19-2008, 08:25 AM
There's a guy at my Gym, that sits there, watching and waiting for you to finish. You hurry through your set so as not to hog the bench. Then when you're done, he comes over sits down, has a little rest, gets up and leaves. I've seen him do this a few times. He wanders around the gym, obviously not sure what he feels like doing next.

The other thing I hate is the guy that practices his golf swing, just behind the back of your head, while waiting for you to finish on a bench.

Keltron
10-19-2008, 08:36 AM
There's a guy at my Gym, that sits there, watching and waiting for you to finish. You hurry through your set so as not to hog the bench. Then when you're done, he comes over sits down, has a little rest, gets up and leaves. I've seen him do this a few times. He wanders around the gym, obviously not sure what he feels like doing next.

The other thing I hate is the guy that practices his golf swing, just behind the back of your head, while waiting for you to finish on a bench.

haha! we have this martial artist who does kicks in between sets.

bamazav
10-19-2008, 11:49 AM
I have a protein farter, grunter and whiner. What makes it worse, I workout at home.... alone.

BackwoodsGa
10-19-2008, 12:20 PM
Bro,just remember there are many with an iq lower than their underwear size...that being the sole reason why i have my own home gym.

thor93
10-19-2008, 08:50 PM

this post was Really Humorous.i would've loved to see all of that taking place. : )

yeah,we had a "power preacher curler" in a gym i used to go to back in the 90's

he would grunt out loud after every rep on the "preacher curl machine".

thor93
10-19-2008, 08:57 PM

Wow.That sounds like something that would have me bursting out with some serious LoL. : )

Must be pretty far out though.

On the other hand though.Maybe it is not quite as funny as i picture it to be.

ottawaguy42
10-19-2008, 09:30 PM
I have a protein farter, grunter and whiner. What makes it worse, I workout at home.... alone.

hahahaaha....great first post!

snoack
10-20-2008, 08:46 AM

that's kind of stupid-

I do mine in an entirely seperate training session. The energy you burn doing each makes them both ineffective.

BillyBatts
10-20-2008, 03:22 PM
this post was Really Humorous.i would've loved to see all of that taking place. : )

yeah,we had a "power preacher curler" in a gym i used to go to back in the 90's

he would grunt out loud after every rep on the "preacher curl machine".

We had a preacher curler screamer back in the day. However, he was hysterical and routinely made us crack up. He actually did it to make us laugh. While doing his reps he would scream: BIG! B-I-G! BIG! B-I-G! BIG! etc. He was a funny guy.

OutOfStep
10-20-2008, 04:10 PM
He was a funny guy.

Funny how? Like a clown? ;)

Bando
11-29-2008, 08:35 PM
I didn't want to resurrect this thread for the first guy but felt compelled to do it for the 2nd.

1st guy was curling while on the recumbent bike. But he wasn't just curling, he was looking in the mirror at the pump those 12lb'ers were giving him and enjoying it way to much.

2nd guy is at a gym I visited this weekend while mine is closed, very respectable BB'er build, certainly bigger and stronger than me, but no hulk. He finished curling and came over to where I was benching and proceeded to load up with about 370. I'm impressed as the dude is probably about 175 lbs. he never gets it off the rack. He takes it down a plate, lifts it off the rack once and sets it down. He keeps doing this, his ROM is lifting it from the rack till he locks out and then setting it down hard, he was doing like 8 - 2 inch reps at one point.

To his credit I did see him do 1 full rep at I would guess around 225, with really risky form.

halogenic
11-29-2008, 09:47 PM
The new gym I've been going to is pretty cool. Dark old building with years of character, the floors shake if someone slams down a weight. Half of the equipment is homemade, only a couple of cardio machines, no locker rooms, just a change room with two showers. There's hardly any members, mostly male. I've only seen about 3 females. Also at times no staff, no membership cards. They also have a well stocked up kitchen area, with all the basic suppliments which you can help yourself to for a small fee. But I never see anyone doing anything stupid.

buff_dad_dy
11-29-2008, 11:00 PM
You amuse him ;)

gbh903
11-30-2008, 01:35 AM
At the gym I go to there a lot of young guys who spend all their time in the free weight area practicing Karate kicks (always high kicks) shadow boxing, and so on...BUT, the worst are the guys who practice their golf swings, baseball pitching and batting.
There is a guy who uses his towel when he does his pitching...he spends 30 minutes standing in front of a mirror flicking his freaking towel....takes up all the room he can possibly manage.....
Annnnd, right outside there are actual nets for pitching practice!!!
On the plus side the gym is cheap and has lots of good equipment.

freewheel
11-30-2008, 07:05 AM

Priceless ^

Altitude
11-30-2008, 08:27 AM
No one has mentioned the Naked-Guy-In-The-Locker-Room-Who-Won't-Talk-Until-He's-Completely-Nude. I've seen several of these ones in all my years in various gyms. The guy will take his clothes off, throw his towel around his shoulder and **THEN** proceed to try and strike a conversation with you. Standing too close, possibly with one leg up on a bench (shudder). These guys are always over 50 years old and are regular Cliff Claven's - seem to know a little bit about everything and a lot about nothing.

halogenic
11-30-2008, 08:38 AM
No one has mentioned the Naked-Guy-In-The-Locker-Room-Who-Won't-Talk-Until-He's-Completely-Nude. I've seen several of these ones in all my years in various gyms. The guy will take his clothes off, throw his towel around his shoulder and **THEN** proceed to try and strike a conversation with you. Standing too close, possibly with one leg up on a bench (shudder). These guys are always over 50 years old and are regular Cliff Claven's - seem to know a little bit about everything and a lot about nothing.

There was one of them at my last gym. I never saw him workout once, but he was always naked (without fail) in the men's locker room. Plus he'd always pick a locker at the very bottom, so that he could spend way too much time showing off his butt-hole.

buff_dad_dy
11-30-2008, 08:41 AM
I REALLY get ticked at the guys that toss the dumbells from 2-3ft down to the floor.I think i'm going to start to have little chats with them.No reason to do this other than a self indulged cool factor.Damaging equiptment....that's real cool :rolleyes:
Then the guys who think they can just leave the DB's, fixed BB's anywhere they like. Tired of wasting my time searching for them sprawled throughout the gym. And to think they were asking for volunteers to pick up after these buttplugs.If you use, put it back where it belongs....SIMPLE!
Maybe i will volunteer and start cracking down on this crap.

Must be an old guy moment i'm having now :D

bodyhard
11-30-2008, 09:29 AM
On Tuesdays I do back which means I do Rack deads. There is only 1 cage in the whole gym. I also go to the gym at 11:00 PM so it is really empty.

I go to the rack, there is a guy in the rack with DB's :eek: I ask him how many sets he has left, he says 8! I said 8 sets of what? He didn't respond to me, he just gave me an "Are you stupid look"

He starts to do side lateral raises. That **** did not fly with me at all, we went back and fourth and I got my rack and did my Rack deads!!

thor93
11-30-2008, 03:09 PM
I didn't want to resurrect this thread for the first guy but felt compelled to do it for the 2nd.

1st guy was curling while on the recumbent bike. But he wasn't just curling, he was looking in the mirror at the pump those 12lb'ers were giving him and enjoying it way to much.

2nd guy is at a gym I visited this weekend while mine is closed, very respectable BB'er build, certainly bigger and stronger than me, but no hulk. He finished curling and came over to where I was benching and proceeded to load up with about 370. I'm impressed as the dude is probably about 175 lbs. he never gets it off the rack. He takes it down a plate, lifts it off the rack once and sets it down. He keeps doing this, his ROM is lifting it from the rack till he locks out and then setting it down hard, he was doing like 8 - 2 inch reps at one point.

To his credit I did see him do 1 full rep at I would guess around 225, with really risky form.

reads like he was trying to incorporate the overload principle in order to strengthen the triceps muscles which are heavily emphasized in any kind of benching movements.

i guess 370 was a bit too much though.
i used to play around with the power rack i used to own back in the day.
i unracked 405 and just held it up for as long as i could until my tri's gave way and the bar would gradually come down on the safety rails a few inches below.

i tried 455 once and i found i couldnt even unrack it so i just stuck with 405.
then,after playin around with the 405,i'd go ahead and lower it down to 275 and it would at least initially feel like i could rep it out 10x even though i'd wind up doing 3 easy reps and then suddenly bonk out on the 4th rep.

that overload principle thing really does do some dramatic stuff for muscle/tendon receptor adaptability though...pretty radically effective stuff if you go about it just the right way.

thor93
11-30-2008, 03:14 PM
On Tuesdays I do back which means I do Rack deads. There is only 1 cage in the whole gym. I also go to the gym at 11:00 PM so it is really empty.

I go to the rack, there is a guy in the rack with DB's :eek: I ask him how many sets he has left, he says 8! I said 8 sets of what? He didn't respond to me, he just gave me an "Are you stupid look"

He starts to do side lateral raises. That **** did not fly with me at all, we went back and fourth and I got my rack and did my Rack deads!!

WOW!!!....That guy sounds like one condescending resentfull spitefull Douchbag and a Half!!

I would've been saying stuff like,"Dude,You dont need to be hogging racks that you technically have ZERO use for!!"

SFGiantsPBA
11-30-2008, 05:48 PM
This is a copy and paste form another site I posted this months ago!

Titled Jackass Curl Jockey's

Slow down and show some damn respect!

Today I'm getting ready to deadlift 300 for 5 reps (Shut Up I Know I'm Weak) and 2 idiots keep walking behind me right when I would go down to start the lift off.

I would stop walk away look at them shake my head then go back and the ***s would do it again like 4 times until I said, HEY GUYS! I'm trying to get a lift here.

****er # 2 says oh my bad and ****er #1 asks the other what I said and after that they would walk clearly away from me.

Well after I was done I just had to see what they were doing, DUMBBELL CURLS IN THE SQUAT CAGE LOOKING IN THE MIRROR.

SFGiantsPBA
11-30-2008, 05:54 PM
Here is another same as above!

Titled I Met Him Today! ( Yeah I It's A Gay Title But Didn't Think It Out When I Posted It)

At the squat rack I met him today and while we talked it went like this:

Me: Hey a man with a plan I like that.(As I pull out my workout sheet and look at his).

Him: Yeah, what I'm doing right now is really hard and grueling and is kicking my ass right now it real tough stuff.

Me: Yeah I hear you I'm on this 5x5 and it gets tough.

Him: Whats that?

Me: Here is this week laid out on this sheet.

Him with a sarcastic look on his face: Oh thats a Powerlifter routine I'm into looking good you know like an athlete, I get all my routines out of Muscle Magazine.

Me with a smile: Oh!

Him: Yeah as he goes into his whole spill and then I hear something like I go heavy then light like 20 reps.

Me: Oh like DC!

Him: with another genius look on his face: Whats DC?

Me: Guys that squat 450 for 20 reps after heavy lifting.

Him: That ridiculous and insane.

Me: Yeah ( I walk away to do my last set on the Hacksled.

I finish my set and go over to the rack next to him to do my Press-ups and then deadlift but I 1st need to look over at him to see what it is he is doing thats so brutal as I did hear him grunting like a mad man but I grunt also when it gets heavy.

Well I take a look and he is kicking ass on some ****ing arm curls in the squat rack!

I guess his bad ass routine from Muscle Mag is actually a pile of **** and I lost all respect for him after that.

We use the name Him just encase he is a TP customer as we love to see him buy from here if he is or not (Probably Not!) but we can care less about watching him lift!

My rant is about being shunned for my busting ass routine and a real big dis to DC Training just to see him kick ass in the squat rack doing them pussy ass curls!

coachh54
12-01-2008, 01:44 AM
I laugh every time...

uCj8Yr290tE

OMG i had not seen this yet - this is flipping funny - looks like the army gym i work out at sometimes :-p

coachh54
12-01-2008, 01:52 AM

Best forum post ever right here...

Mad_Gerbil
12-01-2008, 02:42 PM

Tell the cops and paramedics that he threw the dumbbell at you.
The resulting chaos was "self-defense". :D

SFGiantsPBA
12-01-2008, 03:06 PM
I let off some steam on 2 guys today!

1st I see them doing back rows in the squat rack and said ok that's cool until I got closer and saw they had only 2 5 ponders on there.

2nd and this is when I came unglued is when the finished the rows and started doing curls with just the ****ing bar.

I said what I felt I had to say and left it at that the went over to some of the guys I lift with and showed them what was going on and after that them 2 dude had left the building!

Keltron
12-01-2008, 03:18 PM
I was on a mat stretching while this older man was leaning against a rail about 20 feet away from me. Out of nowhere, he lets a fart rip! It wasn't the vileness of it that shocked me, it was his blatancy. It's like he wasn't even trying to hide it.

Donkeyno9
12-01-2008, 03:19 PM
Me: Guys that squat 450 for 20 reps after heavy lifting.

Him: That ridiculous and insane!LOL... if he only knew

SFGiantsPBA
12-01-2008, 03:24 PM
I was on a mat stretching while this older man was leaning against a rail about 20 feet away from me. Out of nowhere, he lets a fart rip! It wasn't the vileness of it that shocked me, it was his blatancy. It's like he wasn't even trying to hide it.
Friday during ME Squats the punk kid next to me with his girlfriend is deadlifting and he farts and just laughs his ass off. I kept my cool because she was there and that was enough to make him look like an ass.

BillyBatts
12-01-2008, 03:48 PM
Friday during ME Squats the punk kid next to me with his girlfriend is deadlifting and he farts and just laughs his ass off. I kept my cool because she was there and that was enough to make him look like an ass.

(In an Andy Rooney voice) Don't you hate when guys bring their girl friends in the gym! I like to stare at the hot looking girls. However, it's not cool to stare when they are with their boy friends.

kimcheemonster
12-01-2008, 04:44 PM
I live in Seoul, South Korea. The gym I go to is paid for by my firm. If it was not, I wouldn't go there. I have been to 7 different gyms in 5 years. Each one with its problems. Here is the list from different gyms I belonged to and the current one:

1.No one racks their weights. Even the "personal trainers" (i.e. guys and gals who work there as "trainers" but have no degree in exercice physiology and learn lame routinues from each other).

2. These "prersonal trainers" also leave weights , dumbells, kettle balls, bars everywhere, making a safety hazard.

3. There is extremely loud, obnoxious Korean techno music playing non-stop. It is so loud, you cannot hear the music from your Ipod.

4. No one wipes up sweat. You have to wipe off machines yourself.

5. They dont want to share a machine. They do a set, then sit there not thinking why someone is waiting their turn. One guy even said to me, "ok...After I stretch." Then he used the side of the machine to stretch while I waited.

6. The owner of one gym liked to stand in the hallway with the door open and smoke. Like I wanted to breath second hand smoke while doing my set. I asked him to smoke somewhere else and he started yelling at me and asked me if I wanted my money back. It was the first day for me at the gym. Yes, asshat, I want my money back.

7. Guys come up and give you retarded tips like stick your elbows out while doing ez bar culrs.

8. The shower room has no stalls and the other members are vigourous washers (i.e. soap and shampoo and water flying everywhere.

9. The locker room package gazers. That's right. Eyes locked on my prize. If they were gay I wouldn't mind it as much, guys like to watch. But these guys are just wanting to get a stare on my junk.

10. It is always a little too hot to be comfotable. Air con is not high enough when it is hot, and the heater is too high when cold. Plus, the locker room is always hot. Last thing I want after a shower is to start sweating in the locker room.

11. One "personal trainer" had a clientwho was maybe 50 years old. She would meet him at the treadmills about the same time I would be running there. This guy is out of shape and 30 pounds overweight. She gets him on the treadmill and sets him off at run. Hell, I am a runner and ever I wouldnt start running without a 3-5 minute warm up.

12. There was this one gym with the elyptical machines facing the large bay windows looking down on a busy shopping area. There was a paraplegic on his stomach on a cart pushing himself along the ground playing music from speakers and begging money. So thes two girls are walking towards him, but looking and laughing at the white guy. One of them then steps on this guys head. She laughed at that and walked on. I lost my point.....

hornedn
12-01-2008, 04:55 PM

It can't be helped at times. Especially while deadlifting and squatting.

Mad_Gerbil
12-01-2008, 05:25 PM
1.No one racks their weights. Even the "personal trainers" (i.e. guys and gals who work there as "trainers" but have no degree in exercice physiology and learn lame routinues from each other).

ANSWER: Pose as a personal trainer and teach them routines that cause injury. In a couple of months you'll have the gym to yourself.

2. These "prersonal trainers" also leave weights , dumbells, kettle balls, bars everywhere, making a safety hazard.

ANSWER: Leave Tinker Toys and Lincoln Logs scattered all over the place. My guess is that these American based trip hazzards will have 'em begging for mercy in no time. They used to make my dad cry and he's the toughest guy I know.

3. There is extremely loud, obnoxious Korean techno music playing non-stop. It is so loud, you cannot hear the music from your Ipod.

ANSWER: They probably cannot hear a fire alarm either.... if you get my drift.

4. No one wipes up sweat. You have to wipe off machines yourself.

ANSWER: An easy way to get people in the habit of wiping machines down is to have them catch you taking a piss on 'em.

5. They dont want to share a machine. They do a set, then sit there not thinking why someone is waiting their turn. One guy even said to me, "ok...After I stretch." Then he used the side of the machine to stretch while I waited.

ANSWER: Get sloppy with your lunges. Teach 'em to run when they see you coming.

6. The owner of one gym liked to stand in the hallway with the door open and smoke. Like I wanted to breath second hand smoke while doing my set. I asked him to smoke somewhere else and he started yelling at me and asked me if I wanted my money back. It was the first day for me at the gym. Yes, asshat, I want my money back.

ANSWER: Whey Protein. I'll be damned if that stuff doesn't give me the upper hand in odor vs. odor combat.

7. Guys come up and give you retarded tips like stick your elbows out while doing ez bar culrs.

ANSWER: Show 'em the "Swinging EZ Bar Curl" movement. After your victim comes around ask him if he can tell you how many elbows you're holding up.

8. The shower room has no stalls and the other members are vigourous washers (i.e. soap and shampoo and water flying everywhere.

ANSWER: Vigourously wash your manhood. You'll have 'em running for teh door.

9. The locker room package gazers. That's right. Eyes locked on my prize. If they were gay I wouldn't mind it as much, guys like to watch. But these guys are just wanting to get a stare on my junk.

ANSWER: Affix a second cock to yourself. Give 'em something to talk about.

10. It is always a little too hot to be comfotable. Air con is not high enough when it is hot, and the heater is too high when cold. Plus, the locker room is always hot. Last thing I want after a shower is to start sweating in the locker room.

ANSWER: I see nothing here a crowbar won't fix.

11. One "personal trainer" had a clientwho was maybe 50 years old. She would meet him at the treadmills about the same time I would be running there. This guy is out of shape and 30 pounds overweight. She gets him on the treadmill and sets him off at run. Hell, I am a runner and ever I wouldnt start running without a 3-5 minute warm up.

ANSWER: Get this woman to put you in her will, but quick.

12. There was this one gym with the elyptical machines facing the large bay windows looking down on a busy shopping area. There was a paraplegic on his stomach on a cart pushing himself along the ground playing music from speakers and begging money. So thes two girls are walking towards him, but looking and laughing at the white guy. One of them then steps on this guys head. She laughed at that and walked on. I lost my point.....

ANSWER: Give the paraplegic $20.00.

halogenic
12-01-2008, 06:00 PM
I live in Seoul, South Korea. The gym I go to is paid for by my firm. If it was not, I wouldn't go there. I have been to 7 different gyms in 5 years. Each one with its problems. Here is the list from different gyms I belonged to and the current one.

I think I'd be buying an all-in-one rack and work out from home after that. My gym is normally empty a around 4pm. So I have the place to myself, and the manager often helps me rack the weights.

bodyhard
12-01-2008, 06:28 PM

Can you tell me WTF you mean by this? This makes absolutely no f'cking sense :confused: Why would a straight man just want to "Stare at your junk" enlighten me please.

Bando
12-01-2008, 06:37 PM
Can you tell me WTF you mean by this? This makes absolutely no f'cking sense :confused: Why would a straight man just want to "Stare at your junk" enlighten me please.

If they were gay I wouldn't mind it as much......

This just isn't right either...

kimcheemonster
12-01-2008, 07:51 PM

Koreans will stare at your naked body in the gym if you are not asian. My ex-GF is a Canadian and she has had older women strike up conversations are her pubic hair in public bathhouses.

kimcheemonster
12-01-2008, 08:18 PM
Oh! I forgot the most bizarre one from 10 years ago here in Korea. So, I am in the communal shower at the gym and this 20 something Korean guy gets into the shower room and starts showering. Then, for whatever reason I dont know, come over to me and drops and starts doing pushups at my feet. He got up and walked back over and continued showering like nothing ever happened. Suprememly WTF.

Other freaks:

Erotic adductor stretch guy: You get that slow pull in the groin doing this stretch and it feels good, but this dude is doing 5 minutes of adductor stretch in the mirror.

Push down my head side bend guy: He has a bumbell in one hand (6 kilos) and pushes his head to the side to do his side bend. Like its going to do anything.

eomrat
12-01-2008, 09:38 PM
ANSWER: Pose as a personal trainer and teach them routines that cause injury. In a couple of months you'll have the gym to yourself.

ANSWER: Leave Tinker Toys and Lincoln Logs scattered all over the place. My guess is that these American based trip hazzards will have 'em begging for mercy in no time. They used to make my dad cry and he's the toughest guy I know.

ANSWER: They probably cannot hear a fire alarm either.... if you get my drift.

ANSWER: An easy way to get people in the habit of wiping machines down is to have them catch you taking a piss on 'em.

ANSWER: Get sloppy with your lunges. Teach 'em to run when they see you coming.

ANSWER: Whey Protein. I'll be damned if that stuff doesn't give me the upper hand in odor vs. odor combat.

ANSWER: Show 'em the "Swinging EZ Bar Curl" movement. After your victim comes around ask him if he can tell you how many elbows you're holding up.

ANSWER: Vigourously wash your manhood. You'll have 'em running for teh door.

ANSWER: Affix a second cock to yourself. Give 'em something to talk about.

ANSWER: I see nothing here a crowbar won't fix.

ANSWER: Get this woman to put you in her will, but quick.

ANSWER: Give the paraplegic $20.00.

Classic. Laughed my ass off reading this one.

cast iron shore
12-02-2008, 05:08 AM
Koreans will stare at your naked body in the gym if you are not asian. My ex-GF is a Canadian and she has had older women strike up conversations are her pubic hair in public bathhouses.

I had a similar experience in Korea. I was in the men's room standing at a urinal in a 5-star hotel in Seoul and the cleaning lady walked in and stood within arm's reach just STARING at it.

cpschroe1134
12-02-2008, 05:15 AM
I do my DB lateral raises in the squat rack (its the only place in the gym with a mirror)...

...and I grunt while doing it.

Mad_Gerbil
12-02-2008, 05:38 AM

I'm starting to think that you have a thing for being naked in a room full of Koreans. :D

Taichichuan
12-02-2008, 07:29 AM
Oh yeah, we forgot the "I'm really fat and out of shape but all I seem to ever do is lat-pulldowns and shower" guy. In addition, there's the ever-present "You'll never actually see me working out because I only seem to hang around the showers, naked" guy.

So you're in to "mind fycking?" LOL I've " mind fycked" my share of chicks also! lmao

Taichichuan
12-02-2008, 07:49 AM

Thank God there are no guys like that at the gym. The gym's membership is comprised of senior citizens, damn I hate to use those words, women and men over 50. That's probably why I don't see too many young men and women in the gym. Maybe it's a "OLD FOLKS PHOBIA!" (This gym is full old people!) LOL I have yet come across a disrespectful member such as you describe amongst them. Disrespect has only come from the younger guys in the gym and the homos that look at you in the shower and stay naked from the waist down while dressing. It's hard to avoid that's why I get my stuff and get out of the locker room ASAP. I can't stand those damn locker room conversations!

dcoopster
12-02-2008, 10:21 AM
ummmmm...

girls fart too

Grrrr! Those people drive me crazy. Step away from the rack bozo!

jtroster
12-02-2008, 10:42 AM
Sunday in the gym there was a guy that thought he was doing squats. He had a 20 pound bar across his shoulders and he was just bending his knees enough to lower himself less than 4 inches.

VonWulfe
12-02-2008, 12:11 PM
Ok, totally off topic here, but there's a dude in the gym that INSISTS on kneeing up on the trashcan by the Men's locker room door and shave his junk with clippers.

I want to tell him, that looks like a penis... only smaller, but I'm afraid he would follow me around and gaze at my nuts the whole time.

bodyhard
12-02-2008, 02:21 PM

So let me get this straight, you are naked in the locker and some f'cking guys just stares at you, no words, no nothing, he justs stares? And you don't say anything to him/them??

Weird man f'cking weird. First off I don't get naked in the locker room, I don't shower in gyms I shower when I get home.

But if I were to do that and some f'cking guy just stared at me I would have to tell him/them WTF are you staring at!!!

Roger035
12-02-2008, 03:06 PM
But if I were to do that and some f'cking guy just stared at me I would have to tell him/them WTF are you staring at!!!

Right on BH !! Good to see you back.

camaleom
12-02-2008, 04:15 PM
Weird man f'cking weird. First off I don't get naked in the locker room, I don't shower in gyms I shower when I get home.

ftw...

kimcheemonster
12-02-2008, 05:08 PM
I'm starting to think that you have a thing for being naked in a room full of Koreans. :D

Yes, but I usually can't find more than one woman at a time.

kimcheemonster
12-02-2008, 05:13 PM
So let me get this straight, you are naked in the locker and some f'cking guys just stares at you, no words, no nothing, he justs stares? And you don't say anything to him/them??

That just wouldnt work. You would come off as anti-social. Cultural thing. You are not supposed to confront anyone like that here. Lets say I was at the gym and coughed on the back of your neck while I walked past you. I could either apologize to you or get thrown through the wall. If I were to ask someone here for an apology, they would look at me like I was crazy.

Nunyas
12-02-2008, 05:29 PM
That just wouldnt work. You would come off as anti-social. Cultural thing. You are not supposed to confront anyone like that here. Lets say I was at the gym and coughed on the back of your neck while I walked past you. I could either apologize to you or get thrown through the wall. If I were to ask someone here for an apology, they would look at me like I was crazy.

yeah... different countries different cultural/etiquette standards... be that as it may, I'd still go back to Okinawa without blinking an eye if given the opportunity... Then again, I never noticed any of the Okinawan's eye-balling my junk at the bath houses... I think the only time I can remember having my junk eye-balled was by an Okinawan girl I went scuba diving with once...

farsscf
12-02-2008, 05:34 PM
When I was in Korea they briefed us on how Koreans call Americans barbarians when we take our shirt off in public. However, they will pick their nose or urinate in public. I could go on and on of how rude they are and have no respect for personal space.

bodyhard
12-02-2008, 05:40 PM

That doesn't make sense, so it is OK for someone to make yo feel uncomfortable and it is accepted, but if you react is considered anti-social?

That is weird man seriously weird, but hey I have to believe you since I am not there and can not comment otherwise.

But if I WERE there and that was to happen to me (like I said it wouldn't cause I don't shower in the gym) I would HAVE to say something, the f'ck with how they perceive me. You make me feel uncomfortable I am going to react, period.

But I respect the fact that you do what you do out of respect to the "culture"

kimcheemonster
12-02-2008, 07:35 PM
When I was in Korea they briefed us on how Koreans call Americans barbarians when we take our shirt off in public. However, they will pick their nose or urinate in public. I could go on and on of how rude they are and have no respect for personal space.

Army? Were you at Yongsan?

kimcheemonster
12-02-2008, 07:42 PM
That doesn't make sense, so it is OK for someone to make yo feel uncomfortable and it is accepted, but if you react is considered anti-social?

That is weird man seriously weird, but hey I have to believe you since I am not there and can not comment otherwise.

But if I WERE there and that was to happen to me (like I said it wouldn't cause I don't shower in the gym) I would HAVE to say something, the f'ck with how they perceive me. You make me feel uncomfortable I am going to react, period.

But I respect the fact that you do what you do out of respect to the "culture"

Yah, I agree. I grew up to respect everyone I meet, but that gets taken back quickly if proved to be undeserved and I have given more than a few complemtary public etiquette lessons (i.e. beatdowns). The thing is, the gym is an upscale place downtown. Let's say I did confront a member. And an arguement ensued. It would be very easy for the staff to call over to my employer saying that I needed to be told how to act in their country. Then my reputation takes a hit (deep hit) because I look anti-social. It's nuts. Let's suppose some guy hits you over the head with a beer bottle. You proceed to beat the **** out of the guy and he ends up in the hospital. Guess who pays the bills? Yah, the guy who wins. Beat that. I have a million stories like that, but we are off-thread now.

farsscf
12-02-2008, 09:16 PM
Army? Were you at Yongsan?

AF, Kunsan

TonyB2377
12-04-2008, 12:36 PM
There was a guy at a gym I went to a few years ago that would come out of the shower nude and go to the sink to shave. The problem was he would lift one foot up on the counter to get closer to the mirror (still butt ass naked) with his junk swinging around over the counter.

snoack
12-04-2008, 12:39 PM
Got some clown that walks around belching and farting all the time...

...problem is, I work out at home...:(

chodan9
12-04-2008, 01:36 PM
one guy comes in and works out and has ever since I started,
he does 2 or 3 sets of seated shoulder presses on the smith machine and then hangs out a bit and then leaves.
the thing is he only comes once every few weeks and he does the same routine every time.
the somewhat embarrasing part is almost 3 years ago when I first started going to the gym I saw him and he looked pretty much like me physique wise, so to be freindly I went up and said "you just starting to work out too?"
he said "nah I have been coming here for several years"
I was dumbfounded and a bit discouraged, then after a while I realized it was just him, there was no reason not to make a change in 3 years.
Its been almost 3 years and he looks exactly the same now as he did then, only his gut is a bit larger.

snoack
12-04-2008, 01:43 PM
one guy comes in and works out and has ever since I started,
he does 2 or 3 sets of seated shoulder presses on the smith machine and then hangs out a bit and then leaves.
the thing is he only comes once every few weeks and he does the same routine every time.
the somewhat embarrasing part is almost 3 years ago when I first started going to the gym I saw him and he looked pretty much like me physique wise, so to be freindly I went up and said "you just starting to work out too?"
he said "nah I have been coming here for several years"
I was dumbfounded and a bit discouraged, then after a while I realized it was just him, there was no reason not to make a change in 3 years.
Its been almost 3 years and he looks exactly the same now as he did then, only his gut is a bit larger.

you gotta wonder what the **** is this guy's purpose?

Marius_Ursus
12-04-2008, 01:50 PM
Maybe he moves brick pallets for a living, and that's how he protects his shoulders.

jocdat
12-04-2008, 04:55 PM
Ok, totally off topic here, but there's a dude in the gym that INSISTS on kneeing up on the trashcan by the Men's locker room door and shave his junk with clippers.

HE SHAVES HIS JUNK WITH CLIPPERS? OUT IN THE OPEN? OVER THE TRASH CAN? BY THE DOOR? THE DOOR WHERE GUYS WOULD WALK THROUGH AND THAT'S THE FIRST THING THEY SEE?????? THAT IS F***ED UP!

On another topic, I just stepped out the shower and reached over to grab a towel when the gym employee was showing a prospective customer the facility and with them is the guy's 10-year old DAUGHTER, bug-eyed staring right at my crotch!

I'm thinking, "WTF do you bring a young girl in the men's room?!?!?!"

It was just a sicko feeling that these two men didn't think of that child!

Husky Bob
12-04-2008, 04:57 PM
I was stationed at Osan AFB in Korea in 80-81.

EVERY club we went bar hopping/dancing to had bathrooms that were CO-ED!!

So they must be very comfortable around each other and are used to checking each other out. That's my theory!

halogenic
12-04-2008, 05:03 PM
The idiot at my last gym, was the gym itself. They purchased a new ab machine, but then fenced it off and wouldn't let anyone use it, unless you made an appointment and paid an extra fee. Of course no one was stupid enough to pay the five buck fee and it's lovely fence took up more space on the gym floor, than any other bench or machine.

Taichichuan
12-04-2008, 05:16 PM
last night while doing SLDL's this kid walks in wearing those shorts that go down to his calfs, wife beater on and a bandana around his head. Well he picks up a couple of 35lb DB's and start doing some weird db curls. This would have been no big deal but as I look closer he has a frickin Cigarette hanging from his mouth!

Everyone in the weight area pretty much stops and stares at this idiot. I just burst out laughing.

I saw a guy smoking a "joint" before he came in and he topped it off with a Kool!

I have good eyes!

gbh903
12-04-2008, 09:12 PM
Scrawny guy at my gym yesterday decided to practice lunges with an imaginary bar........in the walkway area between the entrance and the water cooler.....he was asking the little princess behind the counter to check his form. She has zero experience and is simply there as eye candy.
The ONLY entrance...
For 5 minutes...
People ducking and weaving to avoid him...
WTF

jocdat
12-05-2008, 06:54 AM
I used to hang with bodybuilders who would smoke and drink after a hard workout and I thought, "Doesn't that defeat the purpose?"

Bando
12-05-2008, 03:05 PM
The idiot at my last gym, was the gym itself. They purchased a new ab machine, but then fenced it off and wouldn't let anyone use it, unless you made an appointment and paid an extra fee. Of course no one was stupid enough to pay the five buck fee and it's lovely fence took up more space on the gym floor, than any other bench or machine.

That's hilarious. Who would want to be the tool using it with everyone looking at the idiot in the "fenced in area"?

Scrawny guy at my gym yesterday decided to practice lunges with an imaginary bar........in the walkway area between the entrance and the water cooler.....he was asking the little princess behind the counter to check his form. She has zero experience and is simply there as eye candy.
The ONLY entrance...
For 5 minutes...
People ducking and weaving to avoid him...
WTF

I think I know this guy.

kjd2121
12-05-2008, 03:06 PM
How about the idiot with blood running down his shins after 3 sets of Deads. Oh I guess that was me!!

What about the Hooters shorts wearing girl flipping a guy a dirty look for checking out her crotch? I guess I should have looked at her breasts.

How about the douche who comes in and starts sweating and all you can smell is Grecian Formula - Guilty

Taichichuan
12-06-2008, 09:14 AM
I used to hang with bodybuilders who would smoke and drink after a hard workout and I thought, "Doesn't that defeat the purpose?"

I know what you mean dude!! I'm in the same boat! One guy smoked a doobie before he did a dead lift of 500 lb.? We are all going down stream! LOL

notgumbel
12-08-2008, 11:07 AM

The gym that I attend hired a sales guy for about a month earlier this year. He was constantly ducking out to take a smoke, and even ordered pizza delivery to the front counter. What's wrong about the delivery was that the pizza joint is not even halfway across the shopping center. What a guy.

Keltron
12-08-2008, 12:02 PM
The gym that I attend hired a sales guy for about a month earlier this year. He was constantly ducking out to take a smoke, and even ordered pizza delivery to the front counter. What's wrong about the delivery was that the pizza joint is not even halfway across the shopping center. What a guy.

Yeah, I work at a gym and there's a big difference between the sales people and the trainers at gyms. We'll show up to work w/our tupperware and igloos filled w/lush fruits and veggies, lean meats and nonprocessed starches.... While the membership/sales guys are coming in w/bacon and eggs for breakfast and Mickey Dee's for lunch...

Taichichuan
12-10-2008, 07:20 PM

To jodcat: What about guys that what to smoke a joint and have a couple of beers before going to the gym and act like complete *******s. After that hit a bar and do the same thing two days later?
Like,Hey! you ready to go? Oh ****! Not again! LOL Dave and Mike loved doing that ****! LOL

Taichichuan
12-10-2008, 07:29 PM
To joccat: What about guys that what to smoke a joint and have a couple of beers before going to the gym and act like complete *******s. After that hit a bar and do the same thing two days later?
Like,Hey! you ready to go? Oh ****! Not again! LOL Dave and Mike loved doing that ****! LOL

Plus they would go out a smoke another joint and swallow a beer every 20 minutes or so. They was really fk'ed up and they haven't contacted me in over 10 years now! Real A-holes! LOL

OutOfStep
12-10-2008, 08:13 PM
I've found a little mj to be hands down the best pre workout supplement I've ever used. Incredible mind muscle connection and focus.

chodan9
12-11-2008, 07:19 AM
I've found a little mj to be hands down the best pre workout supplement I've ever used. Incredible mind muscle connection and focus.

herb must have changed a lot in the years since I was tokin it up. focus was out the window LOL
of course I never understood the term "a little" LOL

Zyn
12-11-2008, 08:45 AM
Funny video. It's good to start the day out with a laugh.

I've run into those guys and more at my gym. I'm so glad I finally ordered a power rack to complete my home gym. It's the "I'm circuit training 5 stations at once" guys that led to my decision.

uncleroman
12-11-2008, 08:57 AM
the other night i was doing heavy db flatbench, minding my own business, when this jackass decided to just jump in and spot me. he has never spotted anyone before i guess. it sucked. he was trying to lift it for me and then when he let go at the top it was throwin me off. i had to do less reps than i would have. then i had to wait til he left for my next set. wtf?

snoack
12-11-2008, 08:58 AM

back when I smoked I would have agreed with you 100%. Herb always gave me great "tunnel vision"...the kinder the bud the better the focus...:D

herb must have changed a lot in the years since I was tokin it up. focus was out the window LOL
of course I never understood the term "a little" LOL

well, some people are just complete goofballs when baked. I could always lift when high, couldn't do MA worth **** though.

turtle_soup
12-11-2008, 09:40 AM

Oops.. .sorry my ad... recovering from a back injury... need the free weights to help with stabilization.

he-he

yeah.. i know what you mean.. you just want to say - uhhh. you aren't really working that you know.

kimcheemonster
12-22-2008, 12:14 AM
A long row of treadmills by the bay window. 30 in a long line. There are 4 poeple running, including myself. So this douchebag decideds to use the machine next to me. I stare at him steadily with a long like "what the f*^k are you doing here and at first he pretends not to see me then says
"No."
No, what retard. So, he starts walking his girlyboy body and I move to another machine. Why would he do that? Could be just that he's Korean.

kjd2121
12-22-2008, 09:38 AM
A long row of treadmills by the bay window. 30 in a long line. There are 4 poeple running, including myself. So this douchebag decideds to use the machine next to me. I stare at him steadily with a long like "what the f*^k are you doing here and at first he pretends not to see me then says
"No."
No, what retard. So, he starts walking his girlyboy body and I move to another machine. Why would he do that? Could be just that he's Korean.

Jeez dude, did you have the machine next to you on reserve or something? Maybe he liked you??

merkong
12-22-2008, 03:24 PM
The moron at my gym likes to overload the bar or grab the heaviest dumbell he can lift and work it like 4 times with no range of motion while he grunts atthe top of his lungs and strains to look around to see who's watching. He's an idiot.

Bando
02-24-2009, 07:42 PM
I couldn't find an appropriate thread for this guy so I'll resurrect this one.

I was doing hard chest work yesterday at a station near the entrance, a new monitor came in to sit at the desk and proceeded to eat his lunch. He was eating what must have been spicy thai food, stunk up the whole area.

For some reason the smell of any food during a w/o is gross to me, but man leaning back to do decline press with my nostrils full of that funk made my stomach roll. I think I would honestly rather w/o next to someone with the BO.

LyingSac
02-24-2009, 08:11 PM

smoking causes a temporary insulin spike and alcohol thins the blood........dere

mickelarr
02-24-2009, 10:47 PM
Back in my 20's when I lifted at the local YMCA, there was this one guy who was either clinically insane or smarter than us all. He was over 40 for sure, and massive, with low bodyfat, paper-thin skin, and strong as hell. But, watching the guy train, you could never imagine he could get any kind of results by what he was doing. He would do things like deadlift 3x a week, super heavy, and then squat on the days he wasn't deadlifting. One day he was doing behind the neck presses with 225 lbs, and locking out one arm a good 8" before the other. It was the kind of thing you'd expect to see a 14-year-old doing with 65 lbs, not a guy this big and strong. After his set he said something about his one shoulder being sore. I usually keep to myself, and this guy was stronger than me so it seemed pointless, but when he said this I couldn't help myself. He seemed on the verge of hurting himself very badly with what he was doing. I said, "Dude, do you always lock out like that?" When he said he did, and always had because one arm was strong than the other (?!) I told him to try to lock out evenly and see if his shoulder pain went away. Well, this was apparently something he never considered before, and I guess it worked for him. How the hell he ever got that strong I don't know. I suppose I can guess.

He eventually dropped a 45 lb plate and broke his foot, but that didn't stop him from squatting heavy the next day.

The guy sure trained hard and got strong, whatever goofiness he otherwise exhibited. Maybe he's a good lesson that no matter what your training program, effort is what really matters.

Space_Lord
02-25-2009, 01:41 AM

The best workouts ive had have all been after a bit of the old Puff

jeffaus
02-25-2009, 01:59 AM
Get a load of this one, I was working out at gym with my PT last Friday and this guy comes in. I hadnt seen the guy before, but my PT said to me watch this guy and started laughing. So I watched this guy, he did 3 laps around all of the equipment at a very slow walking pace (more of a strut than a walk really) while at the same time poking his chest out. Now this guy is about 6' 2" and would have to weigh around 300lb, a big unit, but not a muscle could be seen on him, just a big bulky guy with alot of body fat (not flabby or bouncy fat, just like hard fat, if you know what I mean). Anyway, after he does his 3 laps of the gym so everybody could see him, he jumps on the bench press. This guy does 20 reps of free weights on bench press and the weight he had on the bar was 30kg (66lbs), I kid you not. He really struggled when he got to about the 14th rep. He then gets off the bench and leaves. I said to my PT, whats the go with that guy. Apparantly he comes in about once a month does the same thing everytime and leaves. There are some pretty serious lifters at the gym I go to and this guy is just the laughing stock there. I dont know why anyone would pay gym membership just to come and do that, but regardless, Im sure the gym owners are quite happy to take his money.

beachguy498
02-25-2009, 05:13 AM
What's with ladies farting in the gym? Twice in the past week I walked past a group of women, it was like hitting a wall of sh**. A stink any guy would be proud of. In the realm of wallpaper peeling or something that would strip chrome plating.

It went away fast enough and since I was the only guy in the vicinity, I probably got blamed for it.

BG

tatnall
02-25-2009, 06:10 AM
In my gym, we have "Mr. 80s guy". He is about 45 or so and in decent shape upper body (absolute chicken legs,though). He wears one of those leather Weider belts, short shorts and t shirts about three sizes too small. He looks silly but to each his own.

The problem is that he has almost every annoying habit in the gym: blocking the dumbells, hogging the squat rack, flexing in the mirror, crappy form on everything. My personal favorite is his 'inappropriate use of wrist straps'.

The other day, he is blocking the dumbells while doing shrugs. He has his gloves on and his wrist straps and takes a full minute to get his straps adjusted for his dumbell shrugs--with 50 lb DBs. I don't care what weight you use for shrugs, but if you can't hold 50 lb DBs without straps, you have some serious grip issues and at least take a step or two back so folks can get the the things while you are whaling your traps.

He then proceeded to take over the squat rack to do 65 lb upright rows with his straps.

At least it wasn't curls, but I am sure he is in the squat rack on arm day as well.

Flapjack17
02-25-2009, 07:35 AM
I got a lot of laughs from the video about "Don't be that Guy"

My question is- If you aren't supposed to look at your muscles in the gym, then why all the mirrors? I am that guy. I have a puny left arm compared to my puny right arm. I got a symetry problem from not exercising. Should I not check the peashooters out (Not guns yet) in the gym?

And grunting- can I grunt on my last rep without being "That guy"

What about farting on a really deep and heavy Hack machine lift. Is that okay?

These things I must know.

chodan9
02-25-2009, 07:39 AM
flexing is ok when appropriate, in front of the mirror while someone is exercising and need it to check their form would not be good. on that video the guy totally spaced out checking himself out in the middle of a conversation LOL.

and in the real world "gas happens" heh heh

Dw33z1L
02-25-2009, 09:15 AM
I've worked out at many gyms throughout my 44 years, and have seen (and maybe on some occasions even BEEN) "that guy". Fortunately, when I WAS that guy, I learned my lesson very quickly. Especially when I loaded up one side of the bar heavier than the other on the benchpress. Sometimes, the 25s and 35s look an awful lot alike. LOL Made that mistake ONCE. I hate the folks who get on a bench or machine, then just sit there. I have been known to purposefully stand in very close proximity to these people to do an exercise, then fart. Oops...sorry, my bad. lol Gets them moving though...plus, it provides great entertainment for me.

I hate the obnoxious loud talking, chest-thumping, "macho" guys who walk around like parading peacocks. Yes, we see...you're big. Way to go. You've worked hard, great work...now shut up. I don't need to hear about the chick you banged or how you told someone off at work because of your obviously superior intellect (tongue held firmly in cheek). These are usually the guys who also do the majority of the grunting and DB dropping. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they were the ones who climbed into the equally obnoxious Hummer in the parking lot.

Unlike a few of the guys in this thread, I'm not afraid to shower at the gym...but I have seen some weird **** in my day. I'll just say, you can learn alot about a person by how he conducts himself in a locker room. There are lots of older people who frequent the local YMCA's here in St. Louis. One of which I think may be the missing link. I've never seen so much hair on one person in my life. OMG. Oh, I also stepped into the steam room once to relax before heading back to work, when a VERY old man came shuffling in WITH HIS OXYGEN TANK to catch some steam. I left before he fell over dead. I didn't have time to be a witness. lol

One inspirational thing I saw just over this past weekend...something that was quite impressive. I saw a younger guy, probably early to mid 20's, with only one hand. It was like someone just cut one of his hands off at the wrist. He was in the gym using the Hammerstrength equipment for all it was worth...and he was built really well. I was impressed that he didn't let the loss of a hand get in the way of good physical health. Most people would do nothing more than whine and feel sorry for themself. Not this guy.

Anyway...speaking of gyms and working out...it's time to head there now. Let's see what kind of fun things I see today.

frommd
02-25-2009, 09:24 AM
Great thread. Saw one I haven't seen mentioned. Was doing chest when out of the corner of my eye I see a guy sit down on the leg press machine. His girlfriend sits on his lap and they start making out hot and heavy. Now I'm not one to begrudge someone a little TLC. I move on to the other side of the gym to continue my workout. I come back that way about 10 minutes later. They are still sitting there going at it.

Northeasterner
02-25-2009, 09:30 AM
1. this one dude spent about 20 minutes doing dumbbell flyes on a bench press station when there were other non-bench press benches available. Terribly inconsiderate, all the more since my gym isn't very large and there were only 3 bench stations then.
2. Whenever a bunch of guys gather and start talking. It's ok to have a bit of small talk; nothing wrong w/ being friendly w/ the other gym members. but I'm there, always alone, to train hard. Yet, these guys, who spend money and time to work out - I have seen them go 10 minutes or more laughing and joking about sports, women, etc. And a few of them are doing this between sets.

I've started an exercise, 3 or 4 sets, after one such 'talker' has started the same exercise... and I finish while he's still between sets blabbering. Wasteful.

jaharris1001
02-25-2009, 10:58 AM
I also hate the guys who use a cell phone in the gym and wont get off the bench,,

I hate the macho guys who have to announce to the entire gym how much weight they have on the bar,, "YEP,, I GOING FOR 245 HERE!! 245!!! " "OK,, NOW LETS GO FOR 250 !!"

I also hate the young kids who try to use WAY to much weight, they have to have their buddies move the weight for them,, whats the point if you cant move it at all?

I hate the newbs who cant balance their weights and refuse to use a collar, cant tell you how many times ive seen 45's come sliding off one side of a universal bar then of course come crashing off the other,,

People who wanna come up and start a 15 minute conversation right when I'm in the middle of a set

FresnoBeeDude
02-25-2009, 01:37 PM
People who wanna come up and start a 15 minute conversation right when I'm in the middle of a set

Thank God this doesnt happen to me. Perhaps I am a social reject or something. I see this happen all the time. People think its a social club rather then a health club.

Why do idiots insist on wearing sweat jackets while doing cardio? If you wanna sweat, put down the book, and crank up the speed! I seen one guy wears some suit made out of garbage bags or something. If only people understood the concept of water weight loss/dehydration

Hikemike
02-25-2009, 04:52 PM
That's it!! I've decided I'm going to join a gym!

I'm still going to workout at home, but I'll take a video camera and start filming all this stuff!!

The $100,000 funniest home videos prize is as good as mine!!:D

BWAAAAAHAAAHAAAAAHAAA!!!

gympunk
02-25-2009, 05:36 PM

A few yers ago I inadvertantly "made a friend" at my gym - there was this ~45yo guy with a Green Day shirt, so I shot the breeze with him. GOD!,,,
He would talk to me, actually chatter non-stop during sets & right when I stepped out of the shower he'd came up and start blathering about some NHL coaching change. Back then I took an intro to Self-defense/martial arts, I was standing there changing in just my jock bent over digging my cup out of the bottom of my bag & out of the blue taps me on the shoulder & starts some NFL rambling, I was thinking "Can I just get my jockstrap & clothes on for half a second!!" He's started at my current gym but luckily doesn't recognize me!!!

Taichichuan
02-25-2009, 06:35 PM
What's with ladies farting in the gym? Twice in the past week I walked past a group of women, it was like hitting a wall of sh**. A stink any guy would be proud of. In the realm of wallpaper peeling or something that would strip chrome plating.

It went away fast enough and since I was the only guy in the vicinity, I probably got blamed for it.

BG

I can see the ladies pointing their fingers at you! "It was him!" LMAO

Taichichuan
02-25-2009, 06:49 PM
Deadlifts in the squat rack....not rack pulls, off the floor deads, when there are two deadlift stations 10 feet away and people are needin' the squat rack.

There was a dead lift platform in the gym years ago. I loved that thing!
Now it's the squat racks!

LyingSac
02-25-2009, 06:52 PM
I can see the ladies pointing their fingers at you! "It was him!" LMAO

LADIES DONT FART.....THEY POOT

Taichichuan
02-25-2009, 07:07 PM
I've worked out at many gyms throughout my 44 years, and have seen (and maybe on some occasions even BEEN) "that guy". Fortunately, when I WAS that guy, I learned my lesson very quickly. Especially when I loaded up one side of the bar heavier than the other on the benchpress. Sometimes, the 25s and 35s look an awful lot alike. LOL Made that mistake ONCE. I hate the folks who get on a bench or machine, then just sit there. I have been known to purposefully stand in very close proximity to these people to do an exercise, then fart. Oops...sorry, my bad. lol Gets them moving though...plus, it provides great entertainment for me.

I hate the obnoxious loud talking, chest-thumping, "macho" guys who walk around like parading peacocks. Yes, we see...you're big. Way to go. You've worked hard, great work...now shut up. I don't need to hear about the chick you banged or how you told someone off at work because of your obviously superior intellect (tongue held firmly in cheek). These are usually the guys who also do the majority of the grunting and DB dropping. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they were the ones who climbed into the equally obnoxious Hummer in the parking lot.

Unlike a few of the guys in this thread, I'm not afraid to shower at the gym...but I have seen some weird **** in my day. I'll just say, you can learn alot about a person by how he conducts himself in a locker room. There are lots of older people who frequent the local YMCA's here in St. Louis. One of which I think may be the missing link. I've never seen so much hair on one person in my life. OMG. Oh, I also stepped into the steam room once to relax before heading back to work, when a VERY old man came shuffling in WITH HIS OXYGEN TANK to catch some steam. I left before he fell over dead. I didn't have time to be a witness. lol

One inspirational thing I saw just over this past weekend...something that was quite impressive. I saw a younger guy, probably early to mid 20's, with only one hand. It was like someone just cut one of his hands off at the wrist. He was in the gym using the Hammerstrength equipment for all it was worth...and he was built really well. I was impressed that he didn't let the loss of a hand get in the way of good physical health. Most people would do nothing more than whine and feel sorry for themself. Not this guy.

Anyway...speaking of gyms and working out...it's time to head there now. Let's see what kind of fun things I see today.

I usually pull up a table and chair sit down by the back doors, the darkest corner of the gym with a six pack and LMAO!

Bando
02-25-2009, 07:19 PM

I'm still going to workout at home, but I'll take a video camera and start filming all this stuff!!

BWAAAAAHAAAHAAAAAHAAA!!!

You might have won with a spotter I had a while back. I was benching dumbells and wanted to go heavy, no regulars nearby, so I asked this guy who appeared competent to spot me. I told him the deal "no help 1st rep, probably fail around 6, support from elbows, when I say good, step back" blah blah blah. So I got the weights on my knees and am totally focused on the weights, not him. I do my turtle roll back and the guy is straddling the bench a few inches behind me as if I was going to shoulder press with 90's.

I knocked him back and got into position without getting hurt, guy was embarrassed, and I was just glad I still got my set. The guy had been working next to me and seen me benching for like 4 sets, so I don't know what he was thinking.

I guess the idiot was me that day for asking a stranger for a spot.

Taichichuan
02-25-2009, 07:20 PM

BWAAAAAHAAAHAAAAAHAAA!!!

That's a great idea! LOL

crazydays
02-25-2009, 08:26 PM
Saw a 19-22 year old that was doing a set of DB presses then he would get up check himself out in the mirror and then try to pop zits in the mirror.

This is what I want to see in the middle of the gym while I'm trying to work out.

damn y_all
02-28-2009, 10:43 AM
He would talk to me, actually chatter non-stop during sets & right when I stepped out of the shower he'd came up and start blathering about some NHL coaching change. Back then I took an intro to Self-defense/martial arts, I was standing there changing in just my jock bent over digging my cup out of the bottom of my bag & out of the blue taps me on the shoulder & starts some NFL rambling, I was thinking "Can I just get my jockstrap & clothes on for half a second!!"

lol, that's harsh! my biggest problem is guys who collect DB's, like a set of 4 different weights for 45 minutes in SLOW routines!

sybaris
02-28-2009, 02:13 PM
2. Whenever a bunch of guys gather and start talking. It's ok to have a bit of small talk; nothing wrong w/ being friendly w/ the other gym members. but I'm there, always alone, to train hard. Yet, these guys, who spend money and time to work out - I have seen them go 10 minutes or more laughing and joking about sports, women, etc. And a few of them are doing this between sets.

I've started an exercise, 3 or 4 sets, after one such 'talker' has started the same exercise... and I finish while he's still between sets blabbering. Wasteful.

There's a pair at my gym that are like that except it's non-freakin'-stop. All through their sets their pie-holes are goin'. For at least an hour and then they'll get on an elliptical or treadmill and yak away until they're done with that. I thought my wife was bad, she don't hold a candle to these guys.

Taichichuan
03-01-2009, 09:06 AM
There's a pair at my gym that are like that except it's non-freakin'-stop. All through their sets their pie-holes are goin'. For at least an hour and then they'll get on an elliptical or treadmill and yak away until they're done with that. I thought my wife was bad, she don't hold a candle to these guys.

The talkers are the crown jewels of all the idiots that go to gym. It is by far the WORST gym that I have attended in all the gyms I've been in from California to Japan. It's like going to one those of parties or meetings where women are sitting around talking about BS!l Male Cackling hens! LOL
The strangest thing about this gym phenomenon is that you will never see two or three women yakking away like the men! I had my share of the talkers, so I try to get there around 6:30am, it's very rare in the morning.

StressMonkey
06-14-2009, 06:19 PM
I was on the leg press machine today in the middle of a set when out of the corner of my eye I got the impression that someone was hovering near me. Not one second after my butt left the seat as I got up to drink some water this guy hops in and says "Mind if a get a set in?" I would be being generous if I said he did half of the proper ROM. He did at a max six "reps" and then hopped out and disappeared, never to be seen again.

Bando
06-14-2009, 06:28 PM
Last week I saw a guy who I haven't seen in awhile, he uses a pad on his bar in order to bounce the bar off his chest while pressing. I had never seen him flat bench before but I saw him this past week pushing his chest up/arching his back in order to get a better bounce off the chest. unbelievable.

Taichichuan
06-15-2009, 12:57 PM
I think the worst idiots in the gym are those that overload the leg press. These guys will put 10 plates on each side and maybe go for two or three inches of press work! Then say, "I kicked ass!" Those young guys make me laugh so hard which adds to my workout! LOL

dungeonmistress
06-15-2009, 09:21 PM
well let's see...today an idjit decides to do close grip bench presses which, due to hand placement as we all know, is a bit difficult to balance on a long bar. so i'm next to him squatting when all of a sudden i feel a BOOM, rack my bar and see a 45 lb and 35 lb plate coming my way. he doesn't believe in using locks i guess. this wasn't the first time either.

then we have a couple of nuts (seriously) - one looks fresh out the pen, the other appears to be ahhhhhh...challenged. yes, we'll leave it at that. if you saw them work out you'd wonder just wtf they are doing. form? what form? they don't know how to use the equipment either. then the prison looking guy decides to play crouching dragon hidden tiger as he watches the jiu jitsu guys working out...he talks to himself and does crazy ****. occasionally will jump over things and i swear both their mamas were crackheads.

we also have the 1-step short of full on sex couple at my gym too. if they wanna do that fine, just say out of my line of site and PLEASE don't do it on equipment that i may need because tying it up just pisses me off and puts me off my workout routine. there is a place for this stuff it's called HOME or HOTEL. sheesh.

oh i almost forgot cellphone boy. he has this device permanently implanted in the side of his head. how the hell can you work out that way? he doesn't, really, just stares at everyone and walks around the gym looking stupid.

i basically ignore all the rest of the crap and my ipod helps me to focus away from it. now that the idiot who used to put his hands on me no longer does, i am pretty much left alone except for the occasional dumb bs that i see on every now and again.

Baldiewonkanobi
06-16-2009, 05:25 AM
Julie...you are such a prude. Bet thats the first time you heard that. Funny stuff there cable car girl. That flying wheel...i've seen that. In the mid 80s at the Brignioli Pasadena Gym for Pseudo Sophisticates a new soft pudgy couple came into the gym with a trainer looking like the professor from "Back to the Future". He had on a wife beater tank and a stop watch on a lanyard around his neck and carried a clip board. He set up the squat rack with 3 wheels a side. Then to our astonishment had them unrack, do a 2" squat and reset the bar. Several sets of this sillyness where he would take notes on the clip board. Then he pulled off the wheels....2 on one side. The bar came up flinging off the single wheel which crashed into a huge plate glass mirror 10' away. All 3 fled the gym leaving the management and members to cope with the mess.

Baldie

a_miller_76
06-16-2009, 06:33 AM
Hello everybody...long time reader, first time poster LOL

Thought I'd ad some recent (just started going to the gym) dumbassness that I've seen. I used to play football and wrestle in school, so I'm no newb in the gym, just haven't been in years. So I'm aware of all the do's and don'ts. Well, they need to make people watch a video (maybe the one on the first post LOL) because it's just crazy.

I go to the Y and as we all know the Y is a "family oriented" facility. Which is cool. However, I am getting seriously sick and tired of the single moms that come in to do their 2 mph stroll on the treadmill as their "workout" and drag their kids in and let them run around playing with the equipment/machines like it's a damned playground.

There are some ladies/men who bring in their children and instruct them on how to use the stuff and watch them like a hawk...and that's freakin' awesome. It's the ones that just walk in and the kids go running that drive me insane.

Taichichuan
06-16-2009, 07:55 AM
well let's see...today an idjit decides to do close grip bench presses which, due to hand placement as we all know, is a bit difficult to balance on a long bar. so i'm next to him squatting when all of a sudden i feel a BOOM, rack my bar and see a 45 lb and 35 lb plate coming my way. he doesn't believe in using locks i guess. this wasn't the first time either.

then we have a couple of nuts (seriously) - one looks fresh out the pen, the other appears to be ahhhhhh...challenged. yes, we'll leave it at that. if you saw them work out you'd wonder just wtf they are doing. form? what form? they don't know how to use the equipment either. then the prison looking guy decides to play crouching dragon hidden tiger as he watches the jiu jitsu guys working out...he talks to himself and does crazy ****. occasionally will jump over things and i swear both their mamas were crackheads.

we also have the 1-step short of full on sex couple at my gym too. if they wanna do that fine, just say out of my line of site and PLEASE don't do it on equipment that i may need because tying it up just pisses me off and puts me off my workout routine. there is a place for this stuff it's called HOME or HOTEL. sheesh.

oh i almost forgot cellphone boy. he has this device permanently implanted in the side of his head. how the hell can you work out that way? he doesn't, really, just stares at everyone and walks around the gym looking stupid.

i basically ignore all the rest of the crap and my ipod helps me to focus away from it. now that the idiot who used to put his hands on me no longer does, i am pretty much left alone except for the occasional dumb bs that i see on every now and again.

Yeah, almost the same thing at my gym, but pretty close to the sex thing. I find that it is quite annoying when a guy or gal has a earphone and constantly talks about bull**** which breaks my concentration. I try my best to get there at 5am, but my job and other things hinder me. If I don't get away from these idiots at 7am-8am, I'm going to prison!!!!

snoack
06-16-2009, 08:21 AM

I watched somebody do seated rows, lat pulldowns, and cable crossovers...all while he had his head tilted to one side to hold his phone in place while he jabbered away.

torn8o
06-16-2009, 09:00 AM
I'm glad this thread exists because I was planning to start another just like it ... there's a fella in my gym who either doesn't ever shower or just never washes his gym clothes. You can smell him the minute you come on the floor. Last night was almost overpowering. Oh, and because this isn't enough, he does entire routines on the squat rack and doesn't re-rack after. He's a gem to have around.

BillyBatts
06-16-2009, 09:10 AM
After all these years in the Gym, the nuttiest guy I ever encountered was the guy with 10 pound ankle weights doing incline walking on the treadmill on the highest setting. The noise he made clanking away on the treadmill was unbelievably loud. I could not even drown it out the noise with my headphones. For 40 minutes all I heard was BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM!!!!!! I only saw him do it once so I am assuming that the management had a polite word with him about common sense and common courtesy.

BillyBatts
06-16-2009, 09:13 AM
I'm glad this thread exists because I was planning to start another just like it ... there's a fella in my gym who either doesn't ever shower or just never washes his gym clothes. You can smell him the minute you come on the floor. Last night was almost overpowering. Oh, and because this isn't enough, he does entire routines on the squat rack and doesn't re-rack after. He's a gem to have around.

I saw this problem handled effectively in one of my former gyms. A patron complained to the manager on duty. The manager on duty then quietly advised the smelly gentlemen that his odor was offending other guests and not to come back unless his hygiene was better attended to.

jscan1
06-16-2009, 11:16 AM
I saw this problem handled effectively in one of my former gyms. A patron complained to the manager on duty. The manager on duty then quietly advised the smelly gentlemen that his odor was offending other guests and not to come back unless his hygiene was better attended to.

We have this guy who runs on the treadmill and stinks up the whole damn Gym (smells like a hockey Lockerroom for anyone who's played Hockey) In other words he is taking off his sweaty gym clothes and letting them fester until its time to put them back on the next day...yuck

Last night he got on treadmill two down from me and I wanted to Barf, sadly no other treads were open to get away from him, not that it matters he stinks out the whole gym

chodan9
06-16-2009, 11:23 AM

when I was a Barber I would refuse service to someone who was overly smelly

a_miller_76
06-16-2009, 11:28 AM
We have this guy who runs on the treadmill and stinks up the whole damn Gym (smells like a hockey Lockerroom for anyone who's played Hockey) In other words he is taking off his sweaty gym clothes and letting them fester until its time to put them back on the next day...yuck

Last night he got on treadmill two down from me and I wanted to Barf, sadly no other treads were open to get away from him, not that it matters he stinks out the whole gym

See I can't fathom this. I have enough workout clothes to go 5 days a week and never wear the same thing twice. Now when I find a good deal on shorts I'll maybe buy 5 of the same pair because it's easier.....so it may LOOK like I never change LOL....but I can't imagine wearing the same **** every day and reaking of BO.

paolo59
06-16-2009, 11:32 AM
LOL I've been working out at the same gym now for almost a year. I can honestly say that I have never seen an "idiot" yet. Membership there ranges from youngsters to some pretty old folks who work their asses off. I feel rather privileged! Hey, hopefully I'm not that idiot! LOL

jscan1
06-16-2009, 11:48 AM
See I can't fathom this. I have enough workout clothes to go 5 days a week and never wear the same thing twice. Now when I find a good deal on shorts I'll maybe buy 5 of the same pair because it's easier.....so it may LOOK like I never change LOL....but I can't imagine wearing the same **** every day and reaking of BO.

Christ I think Gym shorts at sports authority were about $10 when I was in there a few weeks ago......I know from playing hockey it is really unhealthy not to air your **** (pads) out and spray it with some fabreze at the very least.....Can't imagine not washing my gym gear...With one exception I do like my sweaty salt streaked gym hat, but even that gets rotated periodically, Plus I have a wife that wil be more than happy to let me know if it stinks...lol....I doubt this guy has a wife though, and can't imagine any cardio bunnies are gonna get close enough to him to change that!

chmbs1
06-16-2009, 11:50 AM
Awesome thread, by the way.

Really, there isn't too much to complain about at my gym. My gym is well attended-to, well-managed and if there were any problems like the ones listed above I'm sure they would get taken care of immediately.

My main gripe is people who broadcast how much they make or which country they're going on vacation to next weekend. The gym I go to is located in the rich, upper class, we're-better-than-you-and-we-know-it neighborhood of West Des Moines so I have to put up with all forms of snobs and yuppies. The locker room becomes a loud-talking match about who has the better-paying job or who went where and got what degree. Also, I have never seen so much expensive athletic attire put to such poor use. If you're going to buy everything Under Armour atleast workout like the dudes in the commercials, instead of walking around dicussing the new merger and what it means for the company with the other scrawny pretty boys from your office.

My secondary gripe is guys who show up three times a week to do several sets on the flat-bench, several sets of curls, walk around like they're macho, then leave only to re-appear in two days. That's not lifting.

Of course, my gym has its fair share of people who sit at a machine for an hour, do only one set, wave and holler at their buddies, then move on to hog another machine. I guess that's everywhere.

Junonuting
06-16-2009, 11:59 AM
Hello everybody...long time reader, first time poster LOL

Thought I'd ad some recent (just started going to the gym) dumbassness that I've seen. I used to play football and wrestle in school, so I'm no newb in the gym, just haven't been in years. So I'm aware of all the do's and don'ts. Well, they need to make people watch a video (maybe the one on the first post LOL) because it's just crazy.

I go to the Y and as we all know the Y is a "family oriented" facility. Which is cool. However, I am getting seriously sick and tired of the single moms that come in to do their 2 mph stroll on the treadmill as their "workout" and drag their kids in and let them run around playing with the equipment/machines like it's a damned playground.

There are some ladies/men who bring in their children and instruct them on how to use the stuff and watch them like a hawk...and that's freakin' awesome. It's the ones that just walk in and the kids go running that drive me insane.

Yeah we got a lot of those here also, theres one lady that does her thing here, and she lets her daughter bounce around on the dam ab ball that u do crunches on, she goes up and down the isles where the free weights are, and i see her, i just shake my head, cuz she gna bounce the wrong way and POW hit her head on some weights, rack etc.

chmbs1
06-16-2009, 12:04 PM
Yeah we got a lot of those here also, theres one lady that does her thing here, and she lets her daughter bounce around on the dam ab ball that u do crunches on, she goes up and down the isles where the free weights are, and i see her, i just shake my head, cuz she gna bounce the wrong way and POW hit her head on some weights, rack etc.

I used to lift at the Y and I had kids running around my feet while I was doing deadlifts. Not to mention the Y seems to do maintenance on their equipment pretty much never. I am amazed the local Y hasn't had a big, fat lawsuit dropped on them yet.

MrCompounder
06-16-2009, 12:40 PM
One of mine is clowns trying to use two or three machines at the same time like it is their personal gym. There are two shoulder machines and a guy is i guess using both so i come up and am like which one of these are you using ? In other words i am going to use one of these machines it does not matter to me which one but i am not going to wait for you to do your "circuit training" or whatever you are doing. Better go buy a bowflex and do that circuit training stuff at home.

MrCompounder

a_miller_76
06-16-2009, 12:49 PM
One of mine is clowns trying to use two or three machines at the same time like it is their personal gym. There are two shoulder machines and a guy is i guess using both so i come up and am like which one of these are you using ? In other words i am going to use one of these machines it does not matter to me which one but i am not going to wait for you to do your "circuit training" or whatever you are doing. Better go buy a bowflex and do that circuit training stuff at home.

MrCompounder

There's a woman at my gym that does this. I have a hard time getting angry at a woman in tight clothes with big hooters though LOL

Dave76
06-16-2009, 01:44 PM
LOL I've been working out at the same gym now for almost a year. I can honestly say that I have never seen an "idiot" yet.

Five years at my gym and I can say the same thing. It's one of the benefits of a small locally operated gym with an owner who can't stand idiots.

paolo59
06-16-2009, 04:24 PM
Five years at my gym and I can say the same thing. It's one of the benefits of a small locally operated gym with an owner who can't stand idiots.

LOL And the amazing thing in my case, the gym I go to is a 24 Hour Fitness Center. It is smaller than most of them in the area though.

dungeonmistress
06-16-2009, 05:24 PM
Julie...you are such a prude. Bet thats the first time you heard that. Funny stuff there cable car girl. That flying wheel...i've seen that. In the mid 80s at the Brignioli Pasadena Gym for Pseudo Sophisticates a new soft pudgy couple came into the gym with a trainer looking like the professor from "Back to the Future". He had on a wife beater tank and a stop watch on a lanyard around his neck and carried a clip board. He set up the squat rack with 3 wheels a side. Then to our astonishment had them unrack, do a 2" squat and reset the bar. Several sets of this sillyness where he would take notes on the clip board. Then he pulled off the wheels....2 on one side. The bar came up flinging off the single wheel which crashed into a huge plate glass mirror 10' away. All 3 fled the gym leaving the management and members to cope with the mess.

Baldie

Moi a prude? Lmao!!! What I didn't tell you is that the male is all about being the center of attention and will occasionally disrobe partially in front of the locker room, to which I avert my gaze because there is usually no spoon around to use to scoop out my own eyes.

I almost forgot "superdave unchained" who used to drag around all kinds of chain etc which I know some use for training but when the chain outweighs what's on the bar it left me wondering why even bother.

blastertech70
06-16-2009, 06:24 PM
I lift at the town "YMCA" it's an amazing facility. The nicest I have ever experienced and millions left by a lady member to build a new one after she had gone.

Schools out... So quess what ? Kid's who don't put the weights back, flexing ,bull****ting and little girls working on the hormones harder then they are on the weights. LMAO

Can't wait till summer break is over..then back to normal.