PDA

View Full Version : Personal Pizza Using Joseph's Pitas

zmurphy
04-06-2008, 06:55 PM
One of the hardest thing for me eating on a Keto/low carb plan is not eating pizza, my favorite food.

I found these pitas at my local Walmart and noticed they were made from flax, oat bran and whole wheat flour, so i thought i would try them.
First off they taste amazing and second they are very low carb 4g net carbs.

To make these small pizzas, its very easy. I used pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni and a little seasoning. Then all you need to do is pop it in the oven @ 425 degrees for 10-12 minutes.

This is incredibly easy to make, quick and it taste awesome.

Obviously this can be made with any toppings. Once i can find some of the Walden Farms bbq sauce, i will make a bbq chicken pizza.

Lax891122
04-06-2008, 07:35 PM
What about the carbs from the sauce?

zmurphy
04-06-2008, 08:11 PM

that depends on what sauce YOU use. i used the Walmart brand, its very low in carbs too. plus its cheap and taste good too.

jordaro2002
04-06-2008, 08:16 PM
Do they sell Joseph's pitas from Walmart too?
What kind of pizza sauce?

jordaro2002
04-06-2008, 08:18 PM
Never mind you already mentioned it in your thread

Lax891122
04-06-2008, 08:23 PM
Im making these for like every meal. Omg.

And some of that keto ice cream eileen makes..

Matt58
04-06-2008, 08:24 PM

use a pesto as an alternative to tomato sauce.

most conventional tomato sauces have quite a nit of sugar in them.

2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan-Reggiano or Romano cheese
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 medium sized garlic cloves, minced
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

get a foor processor and combine the ingredeints except the oil.

as your chopping the ingredients in the food processor slowly pour your oil threw the hole in the lid.

this will be much better for a keto diet plus its a nice change and i think it taste way better then tomoto sauce.

Iowa42
04-09-2008, 11:56 AM
I have been making these in my toaser over for awhile now too I use canned tomatos taht have Garlic and onion all ready in it, i run that food the food processor then just use a spoon full or two on each pita, one can last forever, the whole can has 30-35 carbs in it and I use it at least 10 times so your looking at 3-4 carbs for teh sauce. I also like to add oregeno and red pepper to the sauce.

spak
09-21-2009, 02:59 PM
These are also possible with the Flatout low carb wraps, about 6g net carbs per wrap, i bake the pizza, then roll it up and eat it, really good.

Murderfox
09-21-2009, 09:18 PM
These are also possible with the Flatout low carb wraps, about 6g net carbs per wrap, i bake the pizza, then roll it up and eat it, really good.

Yep, they're great. FlatOuts are like the only thing i use most of the time.

BigSnacks
09-22-2009, 05:46 AM
And these are ok on keto? I used to eat them (the oat/flax pitas from Walmart) before and wondered if they'd be allowed since the high fiber makes the net carbs pretty low.

Mebinger
09-26-2009, 07:53 AM
And these are ok on keto? I used to eat them (the oat/flax pitas from Walmart) before and wondered if they'd be allowed since the high fiber makes the net carbs pretty low.

If you're not going over you're carb limit each day I guess they should be fine, not 100% sure on this though, wondering about it myself.

heathershubby
10-01-2009, 07:08 AM
I think they would be ok if only source of carbs but net or not that is alot of carbs in a sitting so you would have to watch yourself. might be good to eat one and check for rest of the day with keto stix every couple hours to make sure.

Also could split into 2 meals to spread out carbs a bit