PDA

View Full Version : need suggestions for a lunch

vikings v2
04-06-2008, 08:26 AM
Well i've been trying to throw on weight for football because during the season i was 135, since then i've gotten my weight up to 146-150(my weight jumps a lot) without gaining more than a 1% of bodyfat.

So thats been working well for me but now that i've gotten into track season i've had problems keeping that weight up. Any suggestions for a lunch to take to school?

mikethe3dguy
04-06-2008, 09:26 AM
You might want to try some lowfat cottage cheese. I spread it thickly on whole grain bread. Most of the protein in cottage cheese is casein which absorbs slowly into the body, which is what you want to shoot for.

You definitely want to make sure you know how many calories you need to take in to maintain your weight, based on activity level, calories burned during workout, etc. Then make sure you're eating at least that. And more if your goal is to gain weight - which at 15 it probably should be. You may know this already, but I'm just sayin'.

The Solution
04-06-2008, 09:37 AM
Well i've been trying to throw on weight for football because during the season i was 135, since then i've gotten my weight up to 146-150(my weight jumps a lot) without gaining more than a 1% of bodyfat.

So thats been working well for me but now that i've gotten into track season i've had problems keeping that weight up. Any suggestions for a lunch to take to school?

WW Sandwiches / Wraps
Chicken / Tuna / Salmon in cans
Hard Boiled Eggs
Almonds / Nuts
Fruits
Trail Mix
Granola
Peanut Butter + Banana Sandwich

Try to focus more on a carb laden lunch seeing ur doing track your going to expend some valuable glycogen and energy, so make it count