PDA

View Full Version : The Official "Washington Capitals are about to clinch the division tonight" thread

MantisShrimp
04-05-2008, 06:49 AM
Ok roll call, who's going?
I'm there.

Although I've been attending since the Caps sucked, I have to wonder where all these fans are coming from?
Got bandwagon?

Oh well.

Come out and see the league MVP, Alex OOOOOOOOOOOvechkin.

Pens: You're a great team, but please to be biting your nails. You don't want Washington in this race.

Kovalchuk
04-05-2008, 06:52 AM
Ovechkin, Semin, Backstrom and Green... this core will be great for a long time to come.

Pretty impressive as well since they have been without their #1 Center for half the year!

MantisShrimp
04-05-2008, 06:55 AM
Ovechkin, Semin, Backstrom and Green... this core will be great for a long time to come.

Pretty impressive as well since they have been without their #1 Center for half the year!

A lot, lot, lot of it has to do with Bruce Boudreau. These are good players, but he makes good players into great ones. Clark has apparently been "day to day" but who knows.

I actually don't entirely believe they (the good to great guys, inexperienced) have the stamina to win the cup this year, but it's a possibility...and one thing is for sure, next year they will probably clinch early.

Kovalchuk
04-05-2008, 06:56 AM
A lot, lot, lot of it has to do with Bruce Boudreau. These are good players, but he makes good players into great ones. Clark has apparently been "day to day" but who knows.

I actually don't entirely believe they (the good to great guys, inexperienced) have the stamina to win the cup this year, but it's a possibility...and one thing is for sure, next year they will probably clinch early.

Nylander was a huge loss though! And they rallied around the coaching change and his loss... fun team to watch.

suave9
04-05-2008, 06:58 AM
is this a sport?

MantisShrimp
04-05-2008, 07:08 AM
is this a sport?

NHL hockey? Only the 4th most popular sport in America, and the #1 most popular in Canada!

buresnipes
04-05-2008, 07:23 AM
I hope they win tonight or at least get the point and make the playoffs. With how they have been playing and how amazing Ovechkin has been, they deserve it.

MantisShrimp
04-05-2008, 07:40 AM
I hope they win tonight or at least get the point and make the playoffs. With how they have been playing and how amazing Ovechkin has been, they deserve it.

Ovechkin is the kind of player that you watch and go "Was that an accident? That had to be luck. It had to be an accident. He couldn't be that accurate. It was an accident, right?"

buresnipes
04-05-2008, 07:45 AM
Ovechkin is the kind of player that you watch and go "Was that an accident? That had to be luck. It had to be an accident. He couldn't be that accurate. It was an accident, right?"

his shots are just so acuarate and hard. it is amazing.

DRob27
04-05-2008, 10:46 AM
I wanted to play you guys in the first round, Pittsburgh v. Washington would have been a sick match up...We'll probably meet later though. I'm pretty sure we're going to end up playing Philly which sucks because they're the kings of cheap shots and playing dirty.

suave9
04-05-2008, 11:22 AM
NHL hockey? Only the 4th most popular sport in America, and the #1 most popular in Canada!

I was being really really reallllly hypothetical seeing as how poker/water polo is on tv more often.

Aries21
04-05-2008, 02:21 PM
Must have been hard for hem to clinch the southeast division lol

KingCanuck
04-05-2008, 02:23 PM
The Capitals have a five star prospect in D Karl Alzner from Burnaby, BC coming in the future! This guy is a beast, they gonna be even more scary in the future.

Kovalchuk
04-05-2008, 06:03 PM
Must have been hard for hem to clinch the southeast division lol

2 of the last 3 Stanley Cups have come from that division. /argument

DRob27
04-05-2008, 06:33 PM

There's really no way to say they aren't the weakest division this year but I don't think that really matters. The caps are doing great no matter what division they're in and I'd rather see them in there than carolina.

Idontakefishoil
04-05-2008, 06:55 PM
life long caps fan checking in. Long time coming. I'm on travelocity getting arrangements right now. Already got the tickets squared away.

Yes mid semester. No I don't care.

At least when I visit my dad in the future I'll be able to watch tapes of this years cup run instead of old mid 80's Caps playoff games on VHS. lol.

DRob27
04-05-2008, 06:57 PM
life long caps fan checking in. Long time coming. I'm on travelocity getting arrangements right now. Already got the tickets squared away.

Yes mid semester. No I don't care.

I really wish I could go to a few playoff games...The home ones sold out in about an hour and I can't afford to go to away ones lol.

Anyways congrats on the Caps makin the playoffs.

Ct113
04-05-2008, 06:59 PM
Its really all about the Bruins and the fact that two of their best players are injured and their still in it.

Idontakefishoil
04-05-2008, 07:00 PM
I really wish I could go to a few playoff games...The home ones sold out in about an hour and I can't afford to go to away ones lol.

Anyways congrats on the Caps makin the playoffs.

Thanks. I can't afford it either, but my visa card disagrees entirely with that assessment.

You have to understand, the caps are probably the worst franchise in the history of the NHL. We're absolutely horrid 99% of the time. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. This is easily the best team in the history of the Capitals franchise.

Idontakefishoil
04-05-2008, 07:02 PM
Its really all about the Bruins and the fact that two of their best players are injured and their still in it.

The bruins are my mystery team. I've watched a lot of Bruins hockey this year and I simply cannot figure out why this time wins. I genuinely don't get it. Yet, they do. It's surreal.

Hail2DaSkins
04-05-2008, 07:19 PM
Mvp!

Aries21
04-05-2008, 08:24 PM

what does that have anything to do with?

TheStack
04-06-2008, 05:32 AM

it's all about the bruins, getting raped in 4 games by the habs ;)

MantisShrimp
04-06-2008, 08:15 AM

We beat them 10-2

MantisShrimp
04-06-2008, 08:16 AM
Thanks. I can't afford it either, but my visa card disagrees entirely with that assessment.

You have to understand, the caps are probably the worst franchise in the history of the NHL. We're absolutely horrid 99% of the time. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. This is easily the best team in the history of the Capitals franchise.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1974-75_Washington_Capitals_season

Hail2DaSkins
04-06-2008, 09:22 AM
I don't think any team wants to face the Caps in the playoffs, they are playing some sick nasty hockey right now.

I can't wait for Neidermeyer to get healthy!

KingCanuck
04-06-2008, 09:25 AM
I don't think any team wants to face the Caps in the playoffs, they are playing some sick nasty hockey right now.

You mean Nylander?

buresnipes
04-06-2008, 09:33 AM
glad the caps made it in.

chyeahBOYY
04-06-2008, 09:48 AM
yeah, it's nice that the caps made it but at the same time, canes have been thru many critical injuries this season and played great down the stretch. losing brindamour was a HUGE blow, as well as jwillls who provided awesome secondary scoring and cullen for tons of games.

Idontakefishoil
04-06-2008, 09:58 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1974-75_Washington_Capitals_season
lol. Yep.

You mean Nylander?
In all seriousness, I don't think Nylander has a spot on this team even if he does come this year. They aren't going to fck this chemistry up. I mean, who's spot would he take? Federov? Backstrom? Kozlov? Laich? Gordon? No chance, all of those guys have been playing great hockey.

MantisShrimp
04-06-2008, 10:09 AM

True, but most of our D men are broken...gonna be a liability