PDA

View Full Version : gained 1/2 lb after 20 days

newbie666
04-02-2008, 07:16 PM
Im feeling a bit upset, after like 20 days of dieting/excersice/cardio i gained half lb.

i just eat, rice,egg,and tuna for the most part, and lift heavy,after weights 15-25 of cardio

my muscle in my biceps and triceps look a lot more visible, in fact are at par with people that have trained for +3 months(im not a troll with 15 days they are visible, and look much bigger)

My gut appear slightly smaller, but not so much

I dont know what i did wrong

keeganfrank
04-02-2008, 07:29 PM
You probably built muscle while burning fat. To get an accurate look at your progress, you should take measurements and your body fat percentage along with your weight.

muss2k1
04-02-2008, 07:53 PM
Just take pictures and compare...if you look leaner, you lost fat

Zonyc
04-02-2008, 10:09 PM
Dont believe the scale, believe the mirror. Just because you lost 1/2 lb, that doesnt mean that you havent lost fat. As you said you said, your muscles look more defined and your gut looks slightly smaller. These changes dont happen overnight. I commend you on your 20 days of dieting/cardio/weights, but these changes take time.

Nutir
04-03-2008, 12:22 AM
Dont believe the scale, believe the mirror. Just because you lost 1/2 lb, that doesnt mean that you havent lost fat. As you said you said, your muscles look more defined and your gut looks slightly smaller. These changes dont happen overnight. I commend you on your 20 days of dieting/cardio/weights, but these changes take time.

I'm in the same situation than the OP, and the mirror doesn't help me :p

I stayed ~the same weight, I can see my muscle better but I can't see any fat-loss in the mirror.

My mom is usually the one that tells me if I lost some fat or not ^^

Chris@UGA
04-03-2008, 06:51 AM
Just take pictures and compare...if you look leaner, you lost fat

Yep, pretty much. The scale hasn't moved for me at all in a month, but I look noticeably leaner. Perfect, imo.

apostolos23
04-03-2008, 07:19 AM
forget the scale, let the mirror be the judge. and you probably gained muscle...muscle weighs more than fat.