PDA

View Full Version : Lose fat without weight training? Got an injuried shoulder..

patoff
04-01-2008, 05:30 PM
Hi guys,

I've cutting for some time to lose my extra fat. I went from 210 to 165 by eating clean, training, cardio, 6 meals per day. Yesterday during incline dumbell press, My shoulder pop out. :-( Yeah I know, it' s my fault.

Now, I don't want to lose everything I fight for. I won't be able to train for a couple of months I think. What should I do? I still want to lose fat but I would love to keep my current lean mass. Is it possible? Should I continue to eat 2200 calories per day with enough protein and cardio training, go to a maintenance diet 2700 calories and cardio training or forget all the calculations and the diet, just try to eat clean, do some cardio and start back the diet when I will be better?

Any idea how much time it can takes before I can start to lift lighter weight again? I went to the doctor, she gave me a couple of pills and I got an 8 shaped strap to keep both my shoulder together.

Stupid injury... :-S

2hard2fixagain
04-01-2008, 05:42 PM
That sucks man.

If I was in your place I would probabally just try to eat as clean as I could (right above maint/ calories) and do some light cardio.

If you try to cut without weight training 99 times out of 100 you're going to loose muscle.

Saturnal
04-01-2008, 06:03 PM
That sucks man.

If I was in your place I would probabally just try to eat as clean as I could (right above maint/ calories) and do some light cardio.

If you try to cut without weight training 99 times out of 100 you're going to loose muscle.
I agree.

freerider15
04-01-2008, 06:23 PM
Im in a VERY similar situation as you. I separated my shoulder not too long ago (couple weeks), and it looks like im gonna be out for a couple months with physical therapy and such. Im at ~210, but want to be at about 180-185 since i've still got 20%+ BF. Im kinda saying fawk the muscle right now, since I just want to get a bit thinner. I quit lifting for several months before, and found my muscle memory to still be very good. Took me about a month to get back to "norm," but it worked. Im doing about an hour of cardio a day, and clean eating about 2400 calories per day.