PDA

View Full Version : Cortisol control Supps. and Anxiety..?

RibosomalRob
03-31-2008, 03:16 PM
I am thinking about buying a cortisol control supp. (probably lean Xtreme) for cutting season....Could a reduced cortisol level possibly help with anxiety?...or could it possibly make it worse?

its just something that occured to me...

thanks!

Sldge
03-31-2008, 03:18 PM
It can reduce the feelings of stress. Some users report a difference other dont so it may just depend. Most sleep better which usually helps to lower overall stress levels.

WCC
03-31-2008, 04:21 PM
why would a cortisol blocker lower stress? cortisol is secreted by the body to deal with stress. and there's a difference between perceived stress and physiological stress.

~~Aries~~
03-31-2008, 05:05 PM
I haven't noticed a difference in that. In fact I am under more stress than usual. However, I'm dropping weight like nothing so I am happy.

timdull2
03-31-2008, 07:04 PM
If anything, I think that using a cort product while under physical or mental duress would result in continued weight loss in target areas. Though I didn't have many mood-related results from LeanX or Retain2, I did continue to lose bellyfat while under certain stressful moments end of last year. If nothing else, you can look at your weight loss and take solice in that when all else seems grim!! :)