PDA

View Full Version : Bursitis finally hit me hard

WizardGlick
03-31-2008, 12:21 PM
In my left shoulder. Mostly hurts pre-warmup and while doing free weights. Then afterwards in the evening. I've switched to using machines for awhile until the warmer weather starts kicking in here in NJ. I'm getting a good workout but I really miss free weights now. IcyHot patches helps, too.

Just felt like whining about it, really. Anyone esle going through this? Fun getting older! I turn 47 this year. Anything else I have to look forward to?

exguitarplayer
03-31-2008, 12:31 PM
I had the same problem early fall of 07......had to get a shot of cortisone to provide relief. It did work after about 3 weeks. Yes, it can be quite painful and difficult to stay away from working out, but REST is the real deal to help it heal. Good Luck!!!!

Cgb6810
03-31-2008, 03:06 PM
I have similar problems every now and then. Ice helps after training. It seems like it takes weeks for it to go away though.

txrider
03-31-2008, 03:51 PM
I thought I had bursitis in my right shoulder. A trip to the doctor and an orthopedist and I've been diagnosed with tendonitis. They both told me to quit doing whatever is is that is aggravating it. Lifting, in other words. I told both of them "no way in hell". It's actually been feeling better lately and I haven't slowed on the lifting either.
Ice and anti inflammatory is about all you can do.
Good luck

WizardGlick
04-01-2008, 05:50 AM
Thanks Guys. I really have to start taking better care of it, I know. With warmer weather coming though, I'd rather not stop lifting. I am limiting the types of movements I'm doing, but I also have to remember to take anti-inflammatories and icing it.

Feeling prety good today though, and I lifted yesterday. I wonder if it's because it's warmer out today?