PDA

View Full Version : mixing carbs and fat?

s.RILLEYY
03-30-2008, 02:24 AM
I hear you aren't really meant to mix them together in a meal
is this true?

It should either be
protein + carb
or
protein + fats

basically??

some experienced advice would be appreciated since it will affect my future dieting.

Environ
03-30-2008, 04:01 AM
I have always had a problem with that suggestion. Do you like nuts? Nuts are one of the best foods we can eat. They are packed full of just about everything you need. It's like nature intended them to be a pre-packaged meal for humans to eat.

But, they have protein, fats and carboydrates in them. All three macronutrients.

Look at eggs. Whole eggs also contain all three macronutrients. A large egg (according to nutritiondata.com) has 6 grams of protein, 5 grams of fat and 1 gram of carboydrates. So, I suppose we should stop eating them too. Cottage cheese also contains a small amount of carbs and fat as well as lot of protein.

So, if you were to truly avoid mixing fat and carbs, then you would have to stop eating a lot of foods that are really good for you.

I believe that the reason people successfully lose weight by not mixing carbs and fat is because they eat fewer calories as a result of this.

ColdasIce18
03-30-2008, 04:21 AM
Yeah it's something about meat needing acidic fluids to get processed in the stomach and carbs needing alkalizing fluids meaning they dont mix good.

A good combo is meat n veggies

The Solution
03-30-2008, 05:02 AM
look up john berardi's massive eating plan, this is the whole debate about P+C and P+F meals, all of your anwseres will be solved, some of the articles are on the database here on bb.com and all of them are @ t-nation.com

cdelozier
03-30-2008, 05:12 AM
I hear you aren't really meant to mix them together in a meal
is this true?

It should either be
protein + carb
or
protein + fats

basically??

some experienced advice would be appreciated since it will affect my future dieting.
It should read better as 'don't mix high carb meals with high fat meals.' And that is your answer. Having a lot of carbs? Nix as much fat as possible. Having a lot of fat? Nix the carbs as much as possible.

BlueFenix13S
03-30-2008, 05:42 AM
look up john berardi's massive eating plan, this is the whole debate about P+C and P+F meals, all of your anwseres will be solved, some of the articles are on the database here on bb.com and all of them are @ t-nation.com

I thought you didn't buy into that anymore Layzie :confused:

Anyway, there really is no point in separating them IMO, when you think about it, you are still going to be digesting your previous meals so either glucose or lipids will be in your blood either way.

in10city
03-30-2008, 05:43 AM
Yeah it's something about meat needing acidic fluids to get processed in the stomach and carbs needing alkalizing fluids meaning they dont mix good.

A good combo is meat n veggies
I guess this would be contrary to the Cut Diet approach which says P+C is a no-no due to the additive insulinogenic nature of the two.

s.RILLEYY
03-31-2008, 07:26 AM
Thanks for the replys guys

Spankee888
03-31-2008, 08:07 AM
thats the worst nutrition myth in the world...just eat dammit!