PDA

View Full Version : Losing fat, increasing strength, and weight changes?

Veeshmack
03-29-2008, 11:32 AM
i started seriously cutting about a month ago. dropped a good 8 lbs and i'm floating around 150 now. ran it off of cardio, lifting and a good diet
a week ago i started an EC stack.
i've noticed the last few weeks, my weight has stayed around 150, fluctuating from 149-152 (always checked in the morning)
here's what i've noticed. my weight is seeming to be increasing slightly, but i am looking more cut and defined. if i try to grab a chunk of fat on myself, it doesnt seem like as much as it used to be. so my question is, is it possible that i am managing to drop fat while simultaneously be making strength gains?

i currently take in about 2300 calories, approx. 100g carbs and close to 150g of protein per day (mostly from foods, only one shake post workout)

other supplements i am taking in addition to EC are Whey, Creatine/NO (Xpand-caff. free), Fish Oil, Xtend, and finishing Animal M-Stak today (also used for the preworkout caffeine in the EC)

so basically, is what i claim to be happening true? or is it just that it possible that it only seems like i'm losing fat because the muscle mass is increasing?
i know its hard to tell without showing pics

68Anthony68
03-29-2008, 11:40 AM
Thats definatly possible. Or so I think so anyway. Im not a professional or anything about fat percentage loss and strength gains. But it was clearly happening to me, when I weighed 220 last year. I lost like 20 pounds over the winter, by taking a weight-lifting class in school, and my bench and squat pretty much rose as the fat and weight dropped.

Probably didnt help you much. Haha, thought Id share anyway.

in10city
03-29-2008, 11:43 AM
Recomping is possible.

Strength increases don't always equate to hypertrophy however - as neuromuscular adaptions are a big factor here.

Veeshmack
03-29-2008, 12:45 PM
Recomping is possible.

Strength increases don't always equate to hypertrophy however - as neuromuscular adaptions are a big factor here.

well, i'm not overly concerned with hypertrophy atm.
i really just want to get cut up while maintaining/building my strength for rugby and football

jye
03-30-2008, 03:25 PM
Definitely possible - you're learning to recruit more and more muscle fibres while your weight is decreasing. And as a result your muscle tissue, as well as your neuro (brain) function is becomign more efficient.

Bless your genes with the cut ;) Seems your muscles are becoming harder and more work-worthy than ever.