PDA

View Full Version : Great Results from Gaspari SuperPump 250

Bombgrade
03-28-2008, 07:46 PM
I bought two tubs of this stuff on sale from *************.com and I tried it for the first time today. Normally I take 200mg of caffeine, 20mg of synephrine and 5mg of yohimbine in the morning and again before my workout. All of the supplements are from lesser known brands, but the y seem to do some good. I bought them on the cheap (3 months supply for $25-30). I have limited faith in supplements beyond vitamins, glucosamine, whey protein and creatine (although I used to get a great rush from the ECA stack).

Back to the topic...

I took 1.5 scoops instead of my pills and noticed some effect during my cardio. I was five minutes past where I normally stop before I noticed the time. The same thing happened later on calf raises, an extra few reps. Not everything was a lot better, but I did get through my workout without the low that hits me toward the end (80 minute workout including cardio).

I don't eat for a few hours before my workout (just the way my work schedule is) and I think that this causes me to hit a "wall" sometimes. I intend to take a scoop of protein with the SuperPump tomorrow and see if that is even better.

Has anyone else had a good experience with one of these pre-workout mixes?

dbx
03-28-2008, 07:56 PM
Has anyone else had a good experience with one of these pre-workout mixes?

Yes, but probably only several thousand members, and another few thousand who haven't :)

Welcome to BB.com. Just FYI: It's against the rules here to post competing companies/on-line sites/local stores when it comes to pricing/talking/using supplements.

Glad you like what many refer to as Superdump, and I hope your good experience lasts longer than a few weeks. Not being sarcastic, it's just that it's easy to quickly become desensitized to caffeine (main ingredient driving your workouts and also known as methylxanthine). I have resorted to using SP250 (had an old tub on a shelf) because I ran out of my usual favorite. I react adversely to it, like many do, and as I implied with the nickname above. I even sent a fellow member in Canada a tub just to get rid some :). But everyone is different, and obviously, you've had a good start with it.

JOHN GARGANI
03-29-2008, 05:09 AM
I can't handle too much caffeine these days....I severely limit it, somedays, having virtually none....

as such, I can't take any of the pre workout concoctions as they all include inordinate amounts of stimulants.....

I rely on mental focus and self "psyching" out methods......besides being safer, it is definitely cheaper! LOL....

SR800
03-29-2008, 05:35 AM
The only way you will get my coffee is from my cold dead and still shaking fingers:D On the serious side, gotta have my coffee or my workout definately sucks. Such is the lot of a caffeine junkie:(

JOHN GARGANI
03-29-2008, 06:45 AM
SR: back in my salad days, I was a coffee hound! it was normal for me to do at least 8 to 10 cups of coffee a day... and that was holding back, as I could have drank more!

I have been on zero caffeine also and it works.....

currently, I do about a 1/3 cup of caffeine in the morning and that is it, except for an occasional diet coke when eating out at night.....

what is amazing, when you are on no or low caffeine, is how quickly your body responds to even a little bit.

But what is even more amazing is how much the mental aspect of it comes into play and how you can get totally psyched without any aids....

Bombgrade
03-30-2008, 04:55 AM
Another good workout with a little nausea after the SP kicked in. No "explosive" side effects though. I will continue ot use this stuff until I run out or there is another good sale. I think that I would like to try Animal Pump from Universal. The posters in the many threads on this topic seem to like this product (AP) and its fewer side effects.

lukamar
03-30-2008, 09:35 AM
On the serious side, gotta have my coffee or my workout definitely sucks. Such is the lot of a caffeine junkie:(

Me too I hate to tell anyone how much coffee i drink, it's probably not healthy. But I have cut down from my restaurant days when I drank coffee from 8 in the morning till midnight. Now, I stop around 9pm.

If I take a 200mg caffeine pill I get nothing from it at all. I'm definitely addicted.

dbx
03-30-2008, 10:09 AM
If I take a 200mg caffeine pill I get nothing from it at all. I'm definitely addicted.

Same here :(. I just took approx 600mg this morning and ran 4.25 miles. I've got to stop this, as it's insane. My oldest sister is a RN of over 25yrs, and last night she told me something kinda scary; she said constant large doses of caffeine can cause bladder cancer or at least, create the "perfect environment" inside the bladder for it. She said it would take a long time for symptoms to occur because the bladder is so large, and could easily contain large tumor(s). I'd never heard this before and haven't tried to verify it, but she's not just a run of the mill nurse, and I'm sure there's something to what she said. I've been a big caffeine junky for nearly 3yrs now. I take doses that would make many people sick. Time to put on the brakes a bit.

fitnessman
03-31-2008, 06:34 AM
Yes, but probably only several thousand members, and another few thousand who haven't :)

Welcome to BB.com. Just FYI: It's against the rules here to post competing companies/on-line sites/local stores when it comes to pricing/talking/using supplements.

Glad you like what many refer to as Superdump, and I hope your good experience lasts longer than a few weeks. Not being sarcastic, it's just that it's easy to quickly become desensitized to caffeine (main ingredient driving your workouts and also known as methylxanthine). I have resorted to using SP250 (had an old tub on a shelf) because I ran out of my usual favorite. I react adversely to it, like many do, and as I implied with the nickname above. I even sent a fellow member in Canada a tub just to get rid some :). But everyone is different, and obviously, you've had a good start with it.

Thanks Kevin!

Really folks. It's a simple rule!

jtroster
03-31-2008, 06:44 AM
Another good workout with a little nausea after the SP kicked in. No "explosive" side effects though. I will continue ot use this stuff until I run out or there is another good sale. I think that I would like to try Animal Pump from Universal. The posters in the many threads on this topic seem to like this product (AP) and its fewer side effects.
I use Animal Pump mostly for the creatine&arginine. I am sensitive to stimulants and Animal Pump does not affect me adversely. I also take beta-alanine (Biotest Beta-7) with the AP to help push me through the hard sets.

oldsuperman
03-31-2008, 08:44 AM

I can't handle too much caffeine these days....I severely limit it, somedays, having virtually none....

as such, I can't take any of the pre workout concoctions as they all include inordinate amounts of stimulants.....

I rely on mental focus and self "psyching" out methods......besides being safer, it is definitely cheaper! LOL....

The only way you will get my coffee is from my cold dead and still shaking fingers:D On the serious side, gotta have my coffee or my workout definately sucks. Such is the lot of a caffeine junkie:(

Me too I hate to tell anyone how much coffee i drink, it's probably not healthy. But I have cut down from my restaurant days when I drank coffee from 8 in the morning till midnight. Now, I stop around 9pm.

It's the CAFFEINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe Go
03-31-2008, 09:06 AM

LOL! You sure cut down a lot. :)

I guess I can't say too much though. I'm jamming down about 14 cups a day right now. I usually stay around 4 cups during normal circumstances.

lukamar
03-31-2008, 10:02 AM
I usually stay around 4 cups during normal circumstances.

You are depriving yourself I'm on my forth and I haven't even finished scanning the O35 this morning.:D

lukamar
03-31-2008, 10:05 AM
She said it would take a long time for symptoms to occur because the bladder is so large, and could easily contain large tumor(s).

Just had an abdominal ultrasound and apparently I'm good to go to the coffee shop..:D Just found Gall Stones.

dbx
03-31-2008, 10:24 AM
Just had an abdominal ultrasound and apparently I'm good to go to the coffee shop..:D Just found Gall Stones.

And I have good news, as well; I just looked and saw that the Fire Caps I often take before running only have 250mg in two caps, not 500 as I thought. Therefore, if I only take one or two scoops of NO product plus 2 Fire Caps, I'm only taking in approx 350-450mg :p. Now of course, this doesn't count an occasional extra 100-200mg later in the day. Hey, I feel better now :D