PDA

View Full Version : who wants to help with my cutting diet?

WilsonFisk
03-28-2008, 04:20 PM
I plan on cutting at approximately 3200 cals. 45% protein, 35% carbs, and 20% fat. The issue I am having is with protein, not so much getting the required amounts, but I want to get much more from whole food sources. The problem is I hate downing chicken. Perhaps I need a new way to prepare it...

I have too many meals where I rely on a protein powder of some sort. Postworkout, Prebed are pretty much going to stay that way. I may up it to 12 egg whites preworkout, since I can get eggs for $0.13/egg. The Muscle Milk meal is mainly there for convenience because I have 4 hours of class 3 times a week and it is a good mid-class meal. Although I am very open to replacing it.

Any thoughts and suggestions would be helpful. Thanks

ps I bolded everything hoping you would read before looking at the image :p

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/31/cuted6.jpg

bookv
03-28-2008, 09:32 PM
That is indeed too much protein from powders. For breakfast, you can remove the whey and drink some milk or eat some extra egg whites(if you don't want the fat) to get the protein. If you can make a sandwich out of say turkey or roast beef, add some cheese and bring it to school, it'll be just as convenient as the muscle milk shake. For your last meal of the day, you can easily have cottage cheese instead of the protein supplements.

There are many protein options you can look into besides chicken: canned tuna, salmon, beef, pork, shrimp etc. are all delicious and provide quality protein.

Also, I notice there are no veggies at all in your diet, add some into your meals. You can make them portable by bringing a salad in tupperware or simply taking baby carrots, bell pepper strips, celery sticks and putting them in ziploc bags to take with you.

WilsonFisk
03-30-2008, 01:22 PM
That is indeed too much protein from powders. For breakfast, you can remove the whey and drink some milk or eat some extra egg whites(if you don't want the fat) to get the protein. If you can make a sandwich out of say turkey or roast beef, add some cheese and bring it to school, it'll be just as convenient as the muscle milk shake. For your last meal of the day, you can easily have cottage cheese instead of the protein supplements.

There are many protein options you can look into besides chicken: canned tuna, salmon, beef, pork, shrimp etc. are all delicious and provide quality protein.

Also, I notice there are no veggies at all in your diet, add some into your meals. You can make them portable by bringing a salad in tupperware or simply taking baby carrots, bell pepper strips, celery sticks and putting them in ziploc bags to take with you.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I am going to up to 12 egg white with my preworkout meal.

Add 2 cups of milk to Meal 1, take out protein powder and reduce the oats to 1/2 cup.

I will probably keep the Muscle Milk for the midclass meal though. I will look into some sort of sandwich option but turkey/roast beef is kinda pricey. Lack of vegetables is mainly do to cost as well. But I will look into it.

Also I am not a big fan of cottage cheese, plus I got a few ON Casein's on sale so I will stick with that prebed.

RachelBringIt
03-30-2008, 01:42 PM
Lack of vegetables is mainly do to cost as well. .

Veggies are cheap if you buy whats in season. Just look up online what is the best time to buy what and its super cheap. Bag of baby spinach is like 1.50 and you can use it for a couple salads :) Roma Tomatoes are usually always pretty cheap as well. College budget here, but i refuse to live off of Ramen!!