PDA

View Full Version : Quick Bulk Questions - Milk / Bars

lucas024
03-28-2008, 03:34 PM
When your bulking, is their an important difference between whole milk and skim milk? I drink whole milk, but it seems like it's probably just making me get too much fat intake, when on the other hand skim milk has 0g of fat, but the same protein and carbs.

Also I was wondering if 2 protein bars in 1 day isn't a good idea. Usually I have one after my workout, but sometimes I'll have one later in the day as a snack - is that unhealthy? Thank you for the help.

bseidl
03-28-2008, 03:38 PM
When your bulking, is their an important difference between whole milk and skim milk? I drink whole milk, but it seems like it's probably just making me get too much fat intake, when on the other hand skim milk has 0g of fat, but the same protein and carbs.

Depends on your goals and how the fat content fits in your daily macros.

Also I was wondering if 2 protein bars in 1 day isn't a good idea. Usually I have one after my workout, but sometimes I'll have one later in the day as a snack - is that unhealthy? Thank you for the help.

Yeah I'd say that's too many. Try to get as much whole food as you can. Only do protein bars when there's absolutely no other option.

209vaughn
03-28-2008, 07:36 PM
I usually have 1 or 2 protein bars. I have the Zone bars. Not as much fat as most protein bars. 13 gram protein. Like 17 grams of sugar.

I just make sure the rest of the day has limited sugar.

steelo79
03-28-2008, 08:10 PM

chances are your protein bar has a good amount of fat in it. if so, don't take this after a workout. switch to a fat-free or extremely low-fat protein shake instead. other than that, 2 bars a day is fine.