PDA

View Full Version : Split Training!!!!

TANK25
03-28-2008, 09:21 AM
How many of you split train?If so do you do push pull or upper body,lower body?I have never tried it but would like to hear how others feel about it.

RedMaster
03-28-2008, 09:48 AM
I do a 4 day split Mon-Tue-Thur-Fri.

Mon:
Chest, biceps

Tue:
Shoulders, Hamstrings, Calves

Wed:
Off

Thur:
Back, traps

Fri:
Quads, triceps, calves

bodyhard
03-28-2008, 09:55 AM
I've done split routines (mostly in the summer) where I work out in the AM and then again in the PM

Basically

Push in the AM
Pull in the PM

Example I have down Quads in the AM and Hams in the PM, Chest in the AM, Back in the PM etc etc

Rhinoclan
03-28-2008, 10:23 AM
I do a M, T, Th, F split.

Monday: Heavy upper, multi-joint, lower reps (4-8)
Tuesday: Single leg, higher rep (single leg press, lunge, step ups, leg extension, and split squat)

Thursday: Higher rep upper, more single joint (10-14 reps)
Friday: Lower, heavy weight, low reps (4-8) Squats, sldl, ham curls.

I've grown more with this, than any other, but do find I have to change after about 5 weeks, as I get exhausted.

Tyrbolift
03-28-2008, 10:44 AM
I do a split called "feel like, don't like"

On one day I do what I "feel like" doing and then the next day I do what I "don't like."

Clif
03-28-2008, 10:49 AM
Mon..... lower body

Tue.........chest

Thur......... Back /Arms-Bi

Fri...... Sh/Arms-Tri

ironwill2008
03-28-2008, 11:32 AM
I like to train 4 times a week, so I fit whatever split I'm using at the time, to fit into 4 days. I change it up frequently, but always work-in squats, deads, and bench presses, in some way. I've also done full-body, 3 times a week. I've found, like most of you, that everything works for a while, but nothing works forever!

IronCamp
03-28-2008, 11:41 AM
How many of you split train?If so do you do push pull or upper body,lower body?I have never tried it but would like to hear how others feel about it.

Are you doing total body, at the moment?

I do:
Mon - Legs
Tues - Back/Bis
Thurs - Chest/Shoulders/Tris
Fri - Legs

Pretty Hardcore
03-28-2008, 11:46 AM
Right now I am doing an upper/lower split on M, T, Th, F heavy weight lower reps for most of my compound exercises. I'll do this for about 4 to 6 weeks then I'll switch it to a BP split (same workout days) with higher reps. Upper/lower seems to give me the best gains though.

jtroster
03-28-2008, 12:00 PM
When I design a split routine it usual is a four day split. I just make sure the four days cover these basic motions:

- Squat
- Deadlift
- Lunge
- Horizontal Push
- Horizontal Pull
- Vertical Push
- Vertical Pull
- Abs

Exercise selection is always compound first and then isolation.

TANK25
03-28-2008, 12:36 PM
I've done split routines (mostly in the summer) where I work out in the AM and then again in the PM

Basically

Push in the AM
Pull in the PM

Example I have down Quads in the AM and Hams in the PM, Chest in the AM, Back in the PM etc etc
I was talking about what BH was talking about. AM workout and then PM workout.Doing push pull or upper lower.I`M sorry, I should have been more specific.

IronCamp
03-28-2008, 01:36 PM
I was talking about what BH was talking about. AM workout and then PM workout.Doing push pull or upper lower.I`M sorry, I should have been more specific.

I wondered about that, b/c I figured you knew enough about splits.

I used to split my training and do morning weights/night cardio, but haven't done that in a long time.

Skidmarx
03-28-2008, 02:04 PM
Same day split is a good way to overtrain. I tried that for a few weeks and it really screwed me up. I was always tired and weak.

GnomusMaximus
03-28-2008, 02:17 PM
Sort of. At times I do a Day1 - Squat, Day 2 - Press, Day3 - Pull split. Translates to 1)Legs; 2)Chest/Shoulders/Tri's; 3)Back, Biceps.