PDA

View Full Version : Animal Pak vs GNC

Clif
03-28-2008, 06:51 AM
Time to re order my Multi Vitamin, I thought I might ask you guys before I did. Is Animal Pack that much betters then a basic GNC MV? I really hate sucking down all those pills in the morning.

jtroster
03-28-2008, 07:29 AM
I went through about 3 cans of Animal Pak before I got tired of so many pills that gave me the burps. I switched to GNC Mega-Men and like it much better.

TANK25
03-28-2008, 08:03 AM
Time to re order my Multi Vitamin, I thought I might ask you guys before I did. Is Animal Pack that much betters then a basic GNC MV? I really hate sucking down all those pills in the morning.
I think you know how I feel Bro!!!!Animal Pak hands down:)

djl_ottawa
03-28-2008, 08:27 AM
Now I use GNC mega men and have been for months. When or why would I think or decide to try using Animal Pak?

What does it have/do that makes it so many people use it?

bulldog71
03-28-2008, 08:32 AM
The Pak was forged in the halls of Valhalla by the hands of the great Odin himself! It's only 11 pills! Man up and get big, or take the GNC Mega-man and look like the guys that work at GNC and take them.

djl_ottawa
03-28-2008, 08:35 AM
The Pak was forged in the halls of Valhalla by the hands of the great Odin himself! It's only 11 pills! Man up and get big, or take the GNC Mega-man and look like the guys that work at GNC and take them.

Ouch lol. not sure if I should feel insulted or left out :P

TANK25
03-28-2008, 08:39 AM
LMOA,Well said THOR!!!!:)

hotdamnman
03-28-2008, 08:41 AM

I've never taken Animal Pack, but I did take GNC Mega-Man. I take Opti-Man now and plan to stay with with it.

SkwatSlayer
03-28-2008, 08:46 AM
People take animal pak because it is the hardcore multi to take, even though you piss half of it out. It's a good multi, but just the same as NOW Adam or GMC Mega Man, or even Jamieson POWER multivitamin for men with high nutrient profiles (walmart), which is what I use, its has a lot of things in good doses that aid in digestion and cool goodies that other multis dont have.

Stevelegh
03-28-2008, 08:56 AM
My first Animal Pak arrived today!

You guys just wait. I'll be packing on 50lb to my bench by next week. Ha ha!

If I get my head around 11 pills a day.

I'll try the GNC next and report.

djl_ottawa
03-28-2008, 09:00 AM
God 11 pills? I hate taking pills. I at times gag on them. I already take 2 mega mens, 1 heartburn pill, and 3 hydroxycut hardcore. Now having to take 11 would for sure make me gag each morning.

Clif
03-28-2008, 09:14 AM

Dang!! You sound like the guys I lift with.... ?come on fiver more?.... ?put another plate on there you big baby?... oh and my personal favorite, ...? my wife needs that dumbbell when your done!? Thanks for the input guys.

bulldog71
03-28-2008, 09:22 AM
People take animal pak because it is the hardcore multi to take, even though you piss half of it out. It's a good multi, but just the same as NOW Adam or GMC Mega Man, or even Jamieson POWER multivitamin for men with high nutrient profiles (walmart), which is what I use, its has a lot of things in good doses that aid in digestion and cool goodies that other multis dont have.

I'd love to see the research studies showing that you do, in fact, piss half of it out! It is nowhere near the same as NOW Adam or GNC Mega Man. If you don't know the nutrient profiles of the 3 then don't say they are the same.

Odin1970
03-28-2008, 10:04 AM
The Pak was forged in the halls of Valhalla by the hands of the great Odin himself!

This Odin has been using them for years, its a great supplement/multi. But yeah, its a lot of pills...

lukamar
03-28-2008, 10:22 AM
I've tried a number of multis and the only one i notice NOT taking is Animal pack. I never can tell when I'm taking a vitamin if it's doing anything but when I stop AP I notice a drop in my energy level over the next week or so. That has never happened with another vitamin including when I bought them individually and took a lot more than 11 pills.

The other thing that impressed me when I first started to take it was i had an allergy attack, probably not from AP in retrospect. I emailed them in the evening and i had an explanation and complete breakdown of every pill by the next morning. They were concerned about the possibility that something in their mix would cause a problem and followed up with me after that to make sure everything was OK. It's service like that that keeps me buying their product.

WK21
03-28-2008, 10:27 AM
I've tried a number of multis and the only one i notice NOT taking is Animal pack. I never can tell when I'm taking a vitamin if it's doing anything but when I stop AP I notice a drop in my energy level over the next week or so. That has never happened with another vitamin including when I bought them individually and took a lot more than 11 pills.

The other thing that impressed me when I first started to take it was i had an allergy attack, probably not from AP in retrospect. I emailed them in the evening and i had an explanation and complete breakdown of every pill by the next morning. They were concerned about the possibility that something in their mix would cause a problem and followed up with me after that to make sure everything was OK. It's service like that that keeps me buying their product.

he speaks the truth.

edit:
about the great service

bulldog71
03-28-2008, 10:31 AM

That can't possibly be true Lukamar! We were already informed earlier that it's the same as the NOW or GNC or even the Walmart brand! LMAO

lukamar
03-28-2008, 10:52 AM
That can't possibly be true Lukamar! We were already informed earlier that it's the same as the NOW or GNC or even the Walmart brand! LMAO

It may well have the same ingredients but for me it uptakes better than other brands. People should use what they feel works for them, what works for me is of no consequence..:D

Hound53
03-28-2008, 02:12 PM
Looking at the ingrediant profile I don't think they are anywhere near the same except in the basic vitamin area

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/now/adam.html

As you can see Now Adam has a lot of herbal extracts

as does GNC's Mega Man. Except it the herbal suppliments are a bit different as are the amounts of various vitamins, minerals etc.

http://dietarysupplements.nlm.nih.gov/dietary/detail.jsp?contain=07001007&name=GNC+Men%27s+Mega+Men&pageD=brand

Animal Paks contain more have the basic vitamins plus a slew of herbs and they also toss in amino acids.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/univ/animalpak.html

Anyway at the moment I am taking a Walmart store brand but may switch over to Animal Pak when it runs out. Or I may not, supps are cool but liek a lot of people pointed out to me months ago they are no substitute for pure old intensity in the gym and a good diet.

tjrob
03-28-2008, 04:03 PM
ROFLMAO!!!! NICE!!!

djflex
03-28-2008, 04:05 PM

Wow, good example of quality service. i have used animal pak off and on for years not sure what does the trick for me , just more dialed in when I use them.....

bulldog71
03-28-2008, 04:26 PM
ROFLMAO!!!! NICE!!!

Thanks, just calling it like I see it! haha

chodan9
03-28-2008, 04:39 PM
I havent tried anything else other than animal pack "except for those basic 1 a day type pills" I was impressed by the price considering how much you get.
as for the number of pills per day
11 animal pack
8 animal flex
4 lipo6X
2 bcaa
2 doses of creatine EE
3 ZMA
1 melatonin
1 lipitor

grand total of 30 pills plus the 2 doses of creatine :)

I had a lit of practice in the 80's taking pills so this doesn't bither me too bad ;)

lukamar
03-28-2008, 04:45 PM
I can show u where to go

Maybe the Mod team will show you were to go for plugging other sites it's against the rules which you should read before you post.

MMG23
03-29-2008, 08:10 PM
Has anybody here that takes animal pak actually LOOKED at the ingredients? The one that shouts out to me the most is shark cartilage. Which, back in 1932, when Animal paks were first formulated, was believed to be good for an athlete, particularly for joints. Now in the TWENTY FIRST century, we know that it is only helpful for people that have tumors, seeing as it stops the body's ability to create new blood vessels. Totally cool for an athlete whose body gets banged around, right?
And we now have the technology to put what used to have to be in 18 pills into a whopping one or two...

lukamar
03-29-2008, 08:18 PM
Has anybody here that takes animal pak actually LOOKED at the ingredients?

Yes. I have a total breakdown of every pill that they sent to me as i thought I may be having an allergy problem. It's on my hard drive somewhere. All I know for sure is I feel much better when I'm taking it than when I'm not. At the moment I'm out and using a multi that is probably doing nada.

EMISGOD
03-29-2008, 09:11 PM
I really like the AOR Multi Basics 3...their Ortho-Core multi is probably the best of everything out there...

britonarius
03-30-2008, 03:48 AM
For what its worth - Suck the pills down. Animal pack in my opinion has no rivals or competitors , simply its in a league of its own.

dartol
03-30-2008, 06:06 AM
It's service like that that keeps me buying their product.
C'mon Lukamar, you don't get that kind of service at Wal-Mart? I mean, they even greet you at the door and ask how you are today, how can AP compete with that? ;)

It may well have the same ingredients but for me it uptakes better than other brands. People should use what they feel works for them, what works for me is of no consequence..:D

Good point and one that people fail to realize... just because a cheaper brand says it has the same ingredients does not mean those ingredients are from the same source. Some are much more easily digested and made available to the body. Some forms are more stable than others, etc. I have learned to be leary of cheap brands.

I am taking the VS Ultimate Man Elite right now, no complaints. I can't really tell a difference when I do or don't take it though. Maybe I should give AP a shot next time. :)

Darren

britonarius
03-30-2008, 07:20 AM
I will never pay more than i have to but Universals products are worth every cent. Store multis don't give the same.

tropszzz
03-30-2008, 07:58 AM

Yeah, you look huge :rolleyes:

Was just a guys opinion dude, ok, we know, you love animal pak, get over it.

lukamar
03-30-2008, 08:53 AM
just because a cheaper brand says it has the same ingredients does not mean those ingredients are from the same source.

This is very unscientific but I use the vitamin B pee test to see what's happening with any vitamin. If I have more or less clear urine when I take my vitamin how long does it take to change to bright yellow? With AP it takes my body about 25-35 minutes to change color. This means a couple of things that it has uptaken well, B vitamins are a water soluble, and that it's gone through my circulatory system in that time as my kidneys have started to clear the excess.

I guess you could argue that you really did not need the excess but if your pee does not change color a bit you can also argue that you may not have decent uptake or you did not get enough B vitamins. I also take it for granted, rightly or wrongly, that the rest of the vitamins uptake the same way.

bbgrandpop
03-30-2008, 10:10 AM
As a user of both animal pak and GNC paks, I suggest both. The Mega Man paks- that are relatively new - are good for the morning and Animal paks are good for nighttime replinshment.

Wildtim
03-30-2008, 02:52 PM
As a user of both animal pak and GNC paks, I suggest both. The Mega Man paks- that are relatively new - are good for the morning and Animal paks are good for nighttime replinshment.

You know it is possible to OD on some of the lipid soluble vitamins right?

lukamar
03-30-2008, 04:27 PM
You know it is possible to OD on some of the lipid soluble vitamins right?

Water soluble as well..

Vitamin A - more than 25,000 IUs can lead to liver damage, hair loss, blurred vision and headaches.

Bitamin B-6 - more than 400 mg a day can cause numbness in the mouth and hands and difficulty in walking.

Vitamin C - High doses produce stomachaches and diarrhea.

Vitamin D - 50,000 IUs can cause the buildup of calcium deposits that can interfere with the functioning of muscles, including heart tissue.

Niacin - 2,000 mg (100 times the RDA) patients should be monitored for possible jaundice and liver damage.

Iron - Daily doses higher than 100 mg could interfere with absorption of zinc, a mineral that speeds wound healing and helps regulate the immune system.

fitnessman
03-31-2008, 05:12 AM
WHy is it when I take a few days off I ALWAYS have to come back to posts that ARE NOT ALLOWED?

it's in the rules.

it's not that hard to grasp.

Posting about other stores or sites is not allowed.

I am going to start temp banning people if this continues.

If you do not care for that SIMPLE rule, go to GNC's FREE message board and post there...Oh wait....They don't have one!