PDA

View Full Version : PB with Protein Shake

ahllun
03-27-2008, 04:43 AM
Is it a must to have a carb with my protein shake? I see everyone mixing oats, and a fat with it, but is the carb necessary?

CLARK_KENT_1982
03-27-2008, 04:48 AM
i think it is better for the protein absorbtion, always suppose to have carbs with protein or healthy fat with protein, limit carbs and fats together, or so i have read

The Solution
03-27-2008, 05:04 AM
Is it a must to have a carb with my protein shake? I see everyone mixing oats, and a fat with it, but is the carb necessary?

depending on the time of the day the carbs will help transfer the amino acids from the whey into the blood stream faster, the peanut butter will help slow it down and help leave a sustained release so it stays in the system longer ( typically what fats do)

you dont have to if you don't want to, but after a workout it may be beneficial

health4life
03-27-2008, 05:04 AM
PWO = Protein + Carbs

Adding a fat will get in the way with obsorbtion - so for a PWO keep the fats out. Any other time I do add in PB etc.. to my shake to make it interesting.

Pro's - correct me if I am wrong.

The Solution
03-27-2008, 05:06 AM
PWO = Protein + Carbs

Adding a fat will get in the way with obsorbtion - so for a PWO keep the fats out. Any other time I do add in PB etc.. to my shake to make it interesting.

Pro's - correct me if I am wrong.

im not giong to correct you, but ive been taking fat post-workout (due to my new diet) and i havent really seen much of a difference, im sure results will vary with time seeing this is new, but i know that the fats will help regulate and control insulin a bit better, but im sure post-workout controlling insulin may not be the #1 issue on hand

health4life
03-27-2008, 05:09 AM
im not giong to correct you, but ive been taking fat post-workout (due to my new diet) and i havent really seen much of a difference, im sure results will vary with time seeing this is new, but i know that the fats will help regulate and control insulin a bit better, but im sure post-workout controlling insulin may not be the #1 issue on hand

Fair enough

ahllun
03-27-2008, 05:12 AM
ok perfect, exactly what matches my schedule