PDA

View Full Version : What are some embarassing moments you've had in the gym?

LastSet
03-26-2008, 02:07 PM
Just read someone elses post and saw something somewhat related that made me laugh.

My .02

When I was 19 kinda just starting out I remember being able to first squat 135. So I get under it and strain out maybe 6. I was pumped. 135 for 6. This big guy (actually the gym owner at the time) comes walking up and gets under a 135 setup next to me in the rack. Man I stick my chest out thinking here I am at the same level as he is and I'm just starting out. I must be naturally strong. He walks backward with the weight to get in position and throws up a warmup set of 10 military presses. I stayed in the shallow end after that.

There was another kid I saw in there doing not much weight maybe 95 pounds or so on an incline barbell press without a spotter. He brought the weight back up to the bar and one end did not catch the support rack and the weight bar fell directly diagnally on his nose. He got up and blood was gashing everywhere and asked if his nose was broke. I didn't know who he was asking because although he was looking at me his nose was facing off to the side toward someone else.

farsscf
03-26-2008, 02:11 PM
ouch, none so far, hopefully it stays that way

ouprincess
03-26-2008, 03:17 PM
Most of you have already had a good laugh about this one, but what the hell.If you cann't laugh at yourself who can you laugh at.Just one of my blogs: I farted in the gym today!

Can I ever go back?Yeah,it was bad.To many eggs in my diet.Bad egg farts are the worst.I was putting some plates back on the rack after doing leg presses.I looked both ways and didn?t see anyone.Gym was pretty empty.So I let it go.I should have looked behind me, cause the nextthing I hear. "My God what do you eat?" I was so embarssed I didn?t know what to do.So I put my hand out and said, "Hi.My names Grace." Like a true man he shook my hand and introduced his self.So I asked him if he wanted to go to lunch. He said, "Yes, but not with you." I just sorta nodded and started out the door. He stopped me and said, "OK, but your buying." So went to lunch,but he kept his distantance through whole thing.Now that?s a man.No didnt ask me out afterward, but who could blame him. :D

antonbrn
03-26-2008, 03:17 PM
I was preparing to do some leg presses, and was loading both sides of the leg press machine with 45's. I wasn't paying attention, and dropped a 45 right on my big toe. WOW! It hurt so bad!!! I looked around the gym to see if anyone had seen me. Only one guy was looking my way. I did my best to play it off, as if nothing had happened, but it really hurt my toe and my pride. lol

ouprincess
03-27-2008, 09:24 AM
After today I can add another one to this thread! I was in the gym today doing bentovers and a couple of my mates come over and start to chat and I'm rowing away thinking nothing about it.................till I go to set down the weight and happen to notice I'm showing major boobage!! Apparently none of them were gonna say a thing!! :rolleyes:

IronCamp
03-27-2008, 09:28 AM
Last week I was looking down at my workout (which I print out and take with me to the gym) and I walked right into the military press bb. I hit my forehead right on the end of the bar. Hurt like hell, but acted like it was no big deal, as the entire weight room turned around and I said, "I hit my head on the bar". All I heard was laughter as I scurried out of the weight room.

Had a big bruise for a few days!

chrisbute
03-27-2008, 09:49 AM
For me, it was more of a dumb thing - I was benching with heavy weight and thought I could squeeze one more rep (with no spotter) and I couldn't. The gym was pretty empty and instead of rolling the bar off me, I panicked and shouted for help. Thankfully 2 people on the other side of the gym came to my aid.

Guff
03-27-2008, 10:36 AM
I'm doing lat pull downs, got a lot of weight on it so I'm about to blow my intestines out. The grip slips off of the bar on one side causing the bar to go flying out of my hands. The weight rack crashes down as the bar narrowly misses my work out partner's face as it slings through the air. He screams an obscenity as he almost gets decapitated. I'm sitting there holding this one stuipid grip and I realize the entire gym has come come to a dead silence and is looking at me. I hold the grip up and say, "it slipped" as everybody burst into laughter at me.

bodyhard
03-27-2008, 10:53 AM
Last week I was looking down at my workout (which I print out and take with me to the gym) and I walked right into the military press bb. I hit my forehead right on the end of the bar. Hurt like hell, but acted like it was no big deal, as the entire weight room turned around and I said, "I hit my head on the bar". All I heard was laughter as I scurried out of the weight room.

LMAO!!

snorkelman
03-27-2008, 01:18 PM
Wow, and to think that I was embarrassed when I was decline benching without a spotter and almost couldn't get the weight back in the rack and was freaking out thinking that the bar would roll up my chest and crush my throat!

digitalinfidel
03-27-2008, 01:28 PM
I was doing a drop-set of triceps pushdowns on the cable machine. I had to use the big lat pulldown bar (only one available).

I had started with the stack + 25lb plate strapped on. Bent down and dropped the plate, did another set, then bent down to drop the weight... pulled the pin....and bang..stars.. the lat bar comes crashing into the back of my head.

It was a nice little physics lesson! Since then, I always hold the stack when pulling the pin.. even if there is nothing on the cable. It is pride insurance. lol

Olie
03-27-2008, 01:40 PM
After today I can add another one to this thread! I was in the gym today doing bentovers and a couple of my mates come over and start to chat and I'm rowing away thinking nothing about it.................till I go to set down the weight and happen to notice I'm showing major boobage!! Apparently none of them were gonna say a thing!! :rolleyes:

Pics or negs!! LOL
just kidding.

tryn2getstrong
03-27-2008, 01:58 PM
Dumbest thing I ever did. I was doing heavy pull downs and for some unknown reason I was using straps. Well, after the sets done I let the bar back up and I just yank my hand off the bar(like I do when I'm strapped for deads) the strap grabs the end of the bar and slams it into my head. Bloods pouring over my face and my buddy got a good laugh.

djflex
03-27-2008, 02:23 PM
I used to train very early a.m. and sometimes was a little groggy getting started. Anyways one day I was walking around going about my business and a couple of the girls in the gym kept looking at me and smiling. I thought to myself "man this is really paying off, I'm getting some looks". Anyways by the time I got over to the mirrored area I noticed both the pockets in my sweat pants were pulled out and my shirt was on inside out. Needless to say my ego was instantly grounded : )

Cgb6810
03-27-2008, 03:53 PM
Most of you have already had a good laugh about this one, but what the hell.If you cann't laugh at yourself who can you laugh at.Just one of my blogs: I farted in the gym today!

Can I ever go back?Yeah,it was bad.To many eggs in my diet.Bad egg farts are the worst.I was putting some plates back on the rack after doing leg presses.I looked both ways and didn?t see anyone.Gym was pretty empty.So I let it go.I should have looked behind me, cause the nextthing I hear. "My God what do you eat?" I was so embarssed I didn?t know what to do.So I put my hand out and said, "Hi.My names Grace." Like a true man he shook my hand and introduced his self.So I asked him if he wanted to go to lunch. He said, "Yes, but not with you." I just sorta nodded and started out the door. He stopped me and said, "OK, but your buying." So went to lunch,but he kept his distantance through whole thing.Now that?s a man.No didnt ask me out afterward, but who could blame him. :D

LOL, Farts happen.

I didn't even know mine was coming when leg pressing 1000 lbs. It made an unusually loud sound, Im guessing from the pressure? It didn't end my set though. The older gentleman on the hack squat did decide to leave the leg room though.

marcodeniro
03-27-2008, 04:15 PM
Something about that leg press squeezes them right outta you. It happened to b leg day. A buncha of babes were working out so I go over to leg press on the third or so rep it rips out pretty loud. Mostly everyone has headphones on but the stench of the tuna and met-rx protein bars was just about the worst smell ever. I cleared the area to say the least. Opp did I do that :

ouprincess
03-27-2008, 04:25 PM
LOL, Farts happen.

I didn't even know mine was coming when leg pressing 1000 lbs. It made an unusually loud sound, Im guessing from the pressure? It didn't end my set though. The older gentleman on the hack squat did decide to leave the leg room though.

Something about that leg press squeezes them right outta you. It happened to b leg day. A buncha of babes were working out so I go over to leg press on the third or so rep it rips out pretty loud. Mostly everyone has headphones on but the stench of the tuna and met-rx protein bars was just about the worst smell ever. I cleared the area to say the least. Opp did I do that :

I think we all have fart story! Hell somewhere I have a whole thread on it! But I have to disagree eggs and veggie diet (I happen to like lots of onions garlic and peppers with my eggs) are the worest smelling farts ever!! Hands down egg farts are the worest!

bulldog71
03-27-2008, 04:25 PM

Wait a minute! Your funbags just popped out in public and you didn't know? Where do you lift? lmao

ouprincess
03-27-2008, 04:46 PM
Wait a minute! Your funbags just popped out in public and you didn't know? Where do you lift? lmao

LMAO, They didn't popout! I was wearing a tanktop with the built in sports bras and I don't exactly fill them out...so when I bentover you could def sneak a peak. There just not made for exteremly small chest women.

rbdwarf
03-27-2008, 06:13 PM
There just not made for exteremly small chest women.

It sounds more like they're made for men who like small chested women ;)

--
Rob

ouprincess
03-27-2008, 07:14 PM
It sounds more like they're made for men who like small chested women ;)

--
Rob

LMAO I'm just glad I have atleast enough cleavage someone would notice!

bulldog71
03-27-2008, 07:42 PM
LMAO, They didn't popout! I was wearing a tanktop with the built in sports bras and I don't exactly fill them out...so when I bentover you could def sneak a peak. There just not made for exteremly small chest women.

Sweet! Where do you work out? lmao You've got more than enough legs to make up for any chest deficiencies! lol Either way, it's all about the glutes!

ouprincess
03-27-2008, 07:45 PM
Sweet! Where do you work out? lmao You've got more than enough legs to make up for any chest deficiencies! lol Either way, it's all about the glutes!

I'm so not throwing up the blog where I flashed my glutes to people!! Forget your not anymore embarassing stories from me!!

aquresh
03-27-2008, 07:53 PM
I was running on a treadmill...at about 8mph, and the belt somehow paused/stopped and threw me right off...I fell and was able to prevent my face from hittin the belt!! The gym was kinda packed too!! Its funny cos now I dont run on treadmills anymore...I either go outside or use the elyptical.

bulldog71
03-27-2008, 07:59 PM
I'm so not throwing up the blog where I flashed my glutes to people!! Forget your not anymore embarassing stories from me!!

Awwww c'mon!

ouprincess
03-27-2008, 08:03 PM
Awwww c'mon!

Nope sorry, tech it wasn't in the gym it was outside where we do hill runs.

Bronzebird
03-27-2008, 08:24 PM
Sitting in the Jacuzzi for post workout relaxing and stretching. I hate it when the air jets fill my swim trunks up with air and a huge bubble disrupts the silence.

GnomusMaximus
03-28-2008, 08:10 AM
My multiple rep flatulence issues...but I think it's funny.

Dave76
03-28-2008, 08:17 AM
I'm a member of Mark Rippetoe's gym. My very first workout, I was squatting with a mighty 85 lbs on my back. I lost my balance and fell over sideways. Rip was spotting me. He nonchalantly grabbed the bar and did a few curls while I continued my graceful fall to the floor.

db811
03-28-2008, 09:03 AM
One time I was doing dips, and I pushed myself to the max number of reps I could do.

On the last one, I started swinging and decided to bail out by dropping down.

I headbutted the dip bars pretty damn hard. Nice bruise for a day or two.

BergMuscle
03-28-2008, 09:13 AM
This thread makes me so glad I train at home alone so no one sees be making an *ss of myself (when it happens).

My last bonehead move was when I thought I was too macho to use collars to lock on the weight on my BB bench (yeah, very stupid). Anyway, I'm going fairly heavy and my right arm gets a little ahead of my left and all the weights start falling off the left side. The imbalance makes the right side come down fast and I finally roll the unevenly loaded bar down my body to floor.
The worst was that my weight room is right below the living room of our condo and my wife heard all the crashing and came running down to see if I was OK. My heart was touched, but my ego was bruised and embarassed. :)

Dave76
03-28-2008, 09:28 AM
This thread makes me so glad I train at home alone so no one sees be making an *ss of myself...

It's never bothered me to be the "butt" of a joke...

Sorry, bad pun. :o

hardcre99
03-28-2008, 09:33 AM
Gonna love this one:

I was hitting some chest about 6yrs ago, 225 incline.
next thing i see is this little midget (no offence to little people) but this mother ****er was the real deal.
he Got under the flat bench and hit 3 plates about 6 or 7 times. I just went home.........

ectoBgone
03-28-2008, 11:21 AM
Probably not the most embarrassing, but it just happened today. While huffing and puffing through Romanian deadlifts, I must have shot a booger a good three or four feet away. Glad no one was in the path!

cactusflower
03-28-2008, 12:26 PM
It was leg day for me, the gym was packed, and I was doing squats. My legs were getting fatigued but nothing major. Im doing plie squats when this REALLY REALLY cute guy starts working out beside me. I get get to the bottom of one my squats and fall backwards...feet and butt in the air... then I pretended like I was supposed to be down there resting..LMAO.

another time was taking a 45 plate off something and saw two male friends and was talking to them. Not realizing it, the 45 plate was slipping out of my hand...landed on my foot and yes...shattered the bone in my big toe ... it throbbed for a few days and yes, I creid :(

Brettsky
03-28-2008, 01:56 PM
Mine was a few months ago spotting a young fellow struggling with his bench in our High School weight room, I kind of thought the kid had control of the weight, but he didn't, I ran over to help him and in the process of getting the bar off his chest, a pile of sweat ran off of my head and face right into his eyes... Pride abounds.

BePrecise
03-28-2008, 02:26 PM
I feel SO much better reading about all of you gym veterens with these stories. I've done the bench press on the chest and bar slippage on a machine. But I have a serious phobia of tripping as I back away from the squat rack and my hands slipping while performing dips with added weight. Oh yea, the treadmill fall is a phobia as well which is why I don't run or look around when I'm on there. I've seen it many times and don't want to be the next victim!

ouprincess
03-28-2008, 02:47 PM
Probably not the most embarrassing, but it just happened today. While huffing and puffing through Romanian deadlifts, I must have shot a booger a good three or four feet away. Glad no one was in the path!

LMFAO That's worse then farting!! :D

Bando
03-28-2008, 07:12 PM
I was walking out of the gym all swole after a good workout, drinking my water bottle and feeling good then I walked right into the stack some guy was single leg pressing (or maybe he pushed it into me) I looked back like "dude sorry" and he was bright red at the end of the rep looking at me like "get the F*** away."

Today I almost had a colossal one, on the treadmill a favorite part of a song came on my Ipod and I closed my eyes, when I opened them I was like a 1/2 step away from falling off the end.

LastSet
03-28-2008, 09:27 PM
I was doing a drop-set of triceps pushdowns on the cable machine. I had to use the big lat pulldown bar (only one available).

I had started with the stack + 25lb plate strapped on. Bent down and dropped the plate, did another set, then bent down to drop the weight... pulled the pin....and bang..stars.. the lat bar comes crashing into the back of my head.

It was a nice little physics lesson! Since then, I always hold the stack when pulling the pin.. even if there is nothing on the cable. It is pride insurance. lol

Been there...done that...sorry to admit!!!

I did forget about one other story. I was in the gym with a buddy who seriously weighed like 105 soaking wet with army boots. He got under the bar and benched like 95. It was the bar and a 25 on each side. I was giving him props big time he was stoked he did like 5 reps or something.

We walk across the gym and hit another exercise. I look over and I see another person on the bench doing 95. All I could see was the weight going up and down. They cranked out about 8 reps. To get his confidence up I said "see you are doing just as much as they are". The person popped up and had a pony tail and a little bit of makeup on. Yep....SHE was benching 95 lbs (no disrespect ladies...95 lbs is awesome ok). For whatever reason my buddy wanted to go home after that.

BePrecise
03-28-2008, 10:25 PM
Been there...done that...sorry to admit!!!

I did forget about one other story. I was in the gym with a buddy who seriously weighed like 105 soaking wet with army boots. He got under the bar and benched like 95. It was the bar and a 25 on each side. I was giving him props big time he was stoked he did like 5 reps or something.

We walk across the gym and hit another exercise. I look over and I see another person on the bench doing 95. All I could see was the weight going up and down. They cranked out about 8 reps. To get his confidence up I said "see you are doing just as much as they are". The person popped up and had a pony tail and a little bit of makeup on. Yep....SHE was benching 95 lbs (no disrespect ladies...95 lbs is awesome ok). For whatever reason my buddy wanted to go home after that.

LOL...what a training partner you are!

potatoe
03-28-2008, 10:45 PM
Two months ago. The classic stuck, "ah hell, one more rep can't hurt" getting stuck under the bench without a spotter. Nothing worse than the feeling of needing/being rescued. Stuck with DB bench after that, except if I'm with a person.

antonbrn
03-28-2008, 10:59 PM
Sorry, I hope your better, but man that's funny!!!

HEAVYDUTYFRAME
03-29-2008, 05:18 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEuwAC4197s

gympunk
03-29-2008, 04:34 PM
There was Similar thread several months ago, so my post is copied below,,,

In the Locker Room:

A couple years ago I was rushing to shower because I was late for dinner, I slipped and my feet flew way up & I landed with a crack as my knee hit laid out like I was sliding into home. Of course it was busy- around 6pm so all these guys are saying "Holy sh*t! Are you OK!" "That had to hurt!"...There I lay naked "I'm fine!"

I took a few Intro to Martial Arts Classes at Golds, I was changing, stepping into my cup-jockstrap & my one foot got tangled in the leg strap and I fell foward into my locker with a loud bang & knocked my gymbag off the bench. A couple teenagers looked over, there I am (again naked except for a jock tangled around my feet!) when they heard the noise and looked confused!

In the Gym:

Didn't set up my Inclined Bench right,went to lay back with DB's and it fell flat, my DB's flew across the floor. Hurt my back alittle.

Was trying to read a magazine on the Stairmaster (the one with the escalator type rotating tread), lost my rhythm & FELL on the tread!
Lots of people glanced up, my shins were alittle bloody!

BePrecise
03-29-2008, 04:49 PM
There was Similar thread several months ago, so my post is copied below,,,

In the Locker Room:

A couple years ago I was rushing to shower because I was late for dinner, I slipped and my feet flew way up & I landed with a crack as my knee hit laid out like I was sliding into home. Of course it was busy- around 6pm so all these guys are saying "Holy sh*t! Are you OK!" "That had to hurt!"...There I lay naked "I'm fine!"

I took a few Intro to Martial Arts Classes at Golds, I was changing, stepping into my cup-jockstrap & my one foot got tangled in the leg strap and I fell foward into my locker with a loud bang & knocked my gymbag off the bench. A couple teenagers looked over, there I am (again naked except for a jock tangled around my feet!) when they heard the noise and looked confused!

In the Gym:

Didn't set up my Inclined Bench right,went to lay back with DB's and it fell flat, my DB's flew across the floor. Hurt my back alittle.

Was trying to read a magazine on the Stairmaster (the one with the escalator type rotating tread), lost my rhythm & FELL on the tread!
Lots of people glanced up, my shins were alittle bloody!

You win!

mic65frit
03-29-2008, 05:14 PM

We was just intimidated by your ability to peel paint off a wall...I would have been very very impressed...I guess you are the YODA of Farts!
You would fit in very very well at any of my family gatherings, so keep your head up and your butt downwind!

Mike

boathead
03-29-2008, 06:16 PM
i got caught smoking between sets a few years ago. not very proud of that one.

Bando
03-29-2008, 06:32 PM

Man that must have been a sight. When I do incline DB bench I always look back at the bench to be sure it's still there, I always feel kind of idiotic but this makes me feel better about it.

cgc
03-29-2008, 06:35 PM
First I dropped a 60lb dumbell on my crotch when I was like 17....

Then about a year ago, I blew out the back side of my shorts doing ATG squats....but ya know what, I finished my work out...lol.

damn y_all
03-30-2008, 08:17 AM
In the Locker Room:

Ha! in highscool i was working out with some of my wrestling teammates doing pull ups without a shirt trying to impress the girls. i got 'pantsed' and was hanging on the pull up bar in just my jockstrap & Asics, my shorts were so baggy they fell completely off. i had to drop down and put them back on. lots of applause from my team mates and the girls!!

baker
03-30-2008, 09:29 AM
Oh let me count the ways:

1. I farted while leg pressing in front of two very pretty college girls.
2. I have fallen off a treadmill that wasn't even on.
3. TP on my running shoe.
4. I've vomited after a deadlift workout.
5. Once discovered a booger on my shirt while doing Seated DB Press (yes I finished the set).
6. I once posted my actual face on bb.com (ahhhhh)
7. Did a drop set on close grip bench and got stuck with 95 pounds on my chest.

I better stop or I may not go back tomorrow.

ouprincess
03-30-2008, 09:50 AM
Oh let me count the ways:

1. I farted while leg pressing in front of two very pretty college girls.
2. I have fallen off a treadmill that wasn't even on.
3. TP on my running shoe.
4. I've vomited after a deadlift workout.
5. Once discovered a booger on my shirt while doing Seated DB Press (yes I finished the set).
6. I once posted my actual face on bb.com (ahhhhh)
7. Did a drop set on close grip bench and got stuck with 95 pounds on my chest.

I better stop or I may not go back tomorrow.

Atleast none of yours invole nudity!
aside from farting and flashing the guys earier this week I also have :
1.Walked in the guys locker room by accident and proceded to take my shirt off.
2. I'm short so sometimes I have to feet up on the bench when doing chest work, one day I had on loose fiting shorts and some girl politely informed me that you could see my butt when I did that.
3.I bought a white tank top it was workout specific with built in support sweat resistant.....supposedly...well when I got sweaty you could see through it!
4.While doing hill work outside the gym once a bug got inside in my pants I freaked out thinkin it was like big ole spider or somethin and took my pants off to get it out.....this little grasshopper fell out and the guys with have still not let me forget it!!

Werloc
03-30-2008, 11:38 AM
Fart, not loud, just stunk real bad. I was the only one in the area, and then 2 girls and 2 guys came near me to workout. They obviously smelled it from their reaction.

ouprincess
03-30-2008, 12:24 PM
Fart, not loud, just stunk real bad. I was the only one in the area, and then 2 girls and 2 guys came near me to workout. They obviously smelled it from their reaction.

Did you do the whole hand wave thing and say HMMMM wonder what that smell is?

That would never work for me when I get embarassed I start to laugh even when it's inappropiate and the more embarassed I get the harder I laugh! :D

gympunk
03-30-2008, 12:53 PM
This really wasn't emabarassing but was kind of a funny emergency!! A couple weeks ago was at the gym and had to pee BAD, I was wearing my Rebok compression shorts that have a drawstrings & somehow I pulled them into a tight knot instead of untying them, so I had to move from the urinal into a stall and !!!rip!! the waistband to get my willy out.

fubar993
03-30-2008, 01:25 PM
Ripped my shorts wide open while doing a set of deep squats. Funny as heck, everyone heard the rip and I was free balling at the time.

ironwill2008
03-31-2008, 10:25 AM
I just remembered this. Happened to me a few years ago. I had loaded the leg press for my last set, and somehow came up with a load of 690. I thought, "That's lame; let me add a couple nickels, and I can write down 700, instead of 690." I did my set, and as soon as I quit huffing and puffing, I grabbed the first big plate to unload it, forgetting about the fiver in front of it. It fell straight on my big toe. It didn't hurt all that bad at the time, but after about a week, the nail turned black, and it took a YEAR for it to grow out. This happened in my home gym, so no one saw it happen, but I had to 'fess-up to anybody who saw the black toenail, for the next 12 months! So much for "ego-lifting"!

code4av
03-31-2008, 11:26 AM
Gonna love this one:

I was hitting some chest about 6yrs ago, 225 incline.
next thing i see is this little midget (no offence to little people) but this mother ****er was the real deal.
he Got under the flat bench and hit 3 plates about 6 or 7 times. I just went home.........

They little fella prob only had to move the bar like 3-4 inches though...

Bando
04-11-2008, 06:35 PM
Today I was on the treadmill after work, I workout in a college gym and there were young women on treadmills on each side of me. My diet for the day consisted of the usual, hard boiled eggs, chili, protein shake, an apple. People here likely know what a noxious mixture this can create when it's time to "let one loose." I was nearing the end of a 1/2 hr 5k run and had to let it fly, oh man it was not good.

My big mistake in retrospect, was stopping the treadmill and walking away, I think I identified myself as the culprit with that act.