PDA

View Full Version : OT/ supp advertisers, a dose of reality please!

chodan9
03-25-2008, 06:39 PM
Ok, many of you long term trainers may be used to seeing this, but I was waiting for my wife to finish shopping at wal-mart and was flipping through a muscle magazine and saw the follwing full page add.
"increase your testosterone by 10'000 percent" I thought it was another exageration or misprint but the add goes on to explain it isnt a typo, and why they can claim this.
Now this supplement is not even a type of chemical that shall not be named due to forum rules, but just a run of the mill herbal type supplement.
I am not scientist, but wouldnt increasing any hormone by 10'000 percent make it toxic? I know we dont have a lot of test on average, I think high end is something like 1200ng/dl, but still 10'000 percent??!!?? WTF?
Am I wrong or can the human body even stand that much testosterone?

(I am not asking if its a valid claim, I have been around long enough to know a bogus ad , I was just wondering about the physical limitations of the human body when it comes to something like this)

djl_ottawa
03-25-2008, 06:43 PM
Don't see why not. This guy is at 20,000% more then me

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g93/Tasya1986/BodyBuilder.jpg

chodan9
03-25-2008, 06:48 PM
Don't see why not. This guy is at 20,000% more then me

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g93/Tasya1986/BodyBuilder.jpg

LOL
good one
if he flexes his traps his head will pop off HAHA!

lukamar
03-25-2008, 07:31 PM
Read all the supplement adverts along with a HUGE dose of skepticism and check what they are actually made with. Often they market some simple and inexpensive ingredient with a chemical compound name that's a mile long and sounds impressive. Under the rules that apply to them they can say almost anything as long as they stay away from claiming it will cure some disease, then it would be under drug rules. Notice the only market Test boosters to bodybuilders as a supplement and leave the guy with Andropause, a disease and a huge market, without mention. They don't have to prove any claim with blind independent trials as a supplement.