PDA

View Full Version : What protein to consume before exercise?

PackerManDan
03-25-2008, 05:04 PM
I'm exercising about 6 days a week. Usually 2 days a week I do a 5 mile hike and the other 4 days a week I run 2 miles. I want to lose as much fat as I can, at the same time losing as little muscle as I can.

What is the best protein to consume before and after a 5 mile hike or a 2 mile run to achieve this? Obviously I don't want to eat a whole meal before exercising so I'm thinking something small. Would it be better to take some Whey protein or actual food?

What's the best protein to take before and after a workout?

Thank you

rollo78
03-25-2008, 05:38 PM
little whey before, a little more after along with some carbs so u don't burn up your muscle.

in10city
03-25-2008, 05:41 PM
I'm exercising about 6 days a week. Usually 2 days a week I do a 5 mile hike and the other 4 days a week I run 2 miles. I want to lose as much fat as I can, at the same time losing as little muscle as I can.

What is the best protein to consume before and after a 5 mile hike or a 2 mile run to achieve this? Obviously I don't want to eat a whole meal before exercising so I'm thinking something small. Would it be better to take some Whey protein or actual food?

What's the best protein to take before and after a workout?

Thank you
Whey protein before would be fine. You might choose to add a small amount of carbs depending on how strenuous the exercise is.

After is up to you and how you have your subsequent meals planned.