PDA

View Full Version : Grilled Garlic Chicken and Bok Choy...simple and good!

etowner
03-24-2008, 08:34 PM
My waist is 33 inches (from 28 a few months ago!) and I really need to start cutting. Anyway, I started a low carb/cutting diet today and remembered this recipe on a indian cooking show I saw a few months back. This is extremely easy to make and tastes great.

What you need:
Garlic Powder
Chicken Breast
Olive Oil
Bok Choy
Soy Sauce
Fry Pan/cooking skillet
Foreman Grill or something similar

Marinate chicken breast(s) in garlic powder for 30-45 minutes. Place chicken breast on grill and cook/grill.

While chicken is grilling, heat a skillet with olive oil at a low temperature. When pan is heated, place about 6 or 7 leaves (or how much desired, note: leaves shrink/lose size when heated) of bok choy on pan. Turn leaves over after a few minutes, as leaves will start turning brown on the edges. Bok Choy absorbs olive oil really fast, you will notice it becomes slick/shiny after a while. I cooked the bok choy until leaves are a little crisp. Remove bok choy from pan on to a plate.

After chicken is done, place it over the bok choy on the plate, and drizzle a bit of soy sauce. That's it and enjoy!

I ate it with a garden salad and was really suprised on how good this turned out. Lots of flavor and so simple. I never bought bok choy (my mom...who is a great cook makes it all time) but thought I'd try it out finally. BTW, the presentation looks great, may earn brownie points with your date.:)

Mr E
04-24-2008, 06:47 AM
Sounds like a good recipe man. I've tried to cook bok choy in the past and it came out horribly wrong, but your way seems like a good idea. Can't wait to give this a try.

etowner
04-24-2008, 08:27 PM
Hope yours turns out good, let me know how it goes!

titebuoy
04-30-2008, 12:18 PM
where can i get bok choy?

Braindrop
05-01-2008, 02:27 PM
Your supermarket may have it with other "Asian" veggies. If not, look for an Asian specialty market.

Good looking recipe, I'm going to try it for sure!