PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have an "average" body type?

6pakatak
03-24-2008, 05:56 PM
I'm kinda a mix of all 3 body types,I have a fairly high metabolism,but Im not super thin,dont gain excess weight even if Im super lazy.I have gotten stronger,as my lifts have gone up,I just don't really show the muscle.

After a good workout I get a good pump,but of course it goes down.I have put on muscle weight and some size in the right places,but just not real defined.

Anyone else there with me?I know it takes years before most people see results,and Im not discouraged,cuz I am making progress,just curious if anyone else has that body type. Oh yeah,Im about 5-7 165lbs.

Mark1T
03-24-2008, 07:01 PM
If I did not train/workout, I would be more like below average body type.

lukamar
03-24-2008, 07:01 PM
I just don't really show the muscle.

I have put on muscle weight and some size

but just not real defined.

If you have put on size but you are lacking definition. It's diet related. You are probably siting on your maintenance calorie level. Try cutting some calories to bring out the definition.

rea99
03-24-2008, 09:36 PM
Without going into to much detail, I'll just say I can relate.

Capnwilliam
03-25-2008, 05:52 AM
A mixture, and below average.

Jim

bhaputi
03-25-2008, 06:05 AM
I personally think there is no such thing as an average body type. There are people that work, and people that don't. Sounds like you are a worker, so just keep at it :)

TANK25
03-25-2008, 06:27 AM
I personally think there is no such thing as an average body type. There are people that work, and people that don't. Sounds like you are a worker, so just keep at it :)

You are one of my favorite people on here ,but I have to disagree with you on that one.I know a few guys growing up that never touched a weight.Just played the normal games we all played as a kid and they were muscler and cut up.Even to this day I run into one of the guys and he still looks great.I can not begin to think how this guy would look if he started weight lifting.

BergMuscle
03-25-2008, 06:35 AM
I'm kinda a mix of all 3 body types,I have a fairly high metabolism,but Im not super thin,dont gain excess weight even if Im super lazy.I have gotten stronger,as my lifts have gone up,I just don't really show the muscle.

After a good workout I get a good pump,but of course it goes down.I have put on muscle weight and some size in the right places,but just not real defined.

Anyone else there with me?I know it takes years before most people see results,and Im not discouraged,cuz I am making progress,just curious if anyone else has that body type. Oh yeah,Im about 5-7 165lbs.

I'm a bit taller and heavier than you, and older, but I can relate to most of what you say. And, I can tell you, with work, dilegence, and good eating I'm carrying around some good muscle.

And I know I would be much better defined if I was stricter with my diet. :rolleyes:

bhaputi
03-25-2008, 06:38 AM
You are one of my favorite people on here ,but I have to disagree with you on that one.I know a few guys growing up that never touched a weight.Just played the normal games we all played as a kid and they were muscler and cut up.Even to this day I run into one of the guys and he still looks great.I can not begin to think how this guy would look if he started weight lifting.

Yeah, I was actually thinking about what I said, and I think I should clarify a little.
I think the whole ecto/endomorph thing is legit, as obviously some people pack on fat easier than muscle and vice versa. Some people do just seem to have it "easier" when it comes to working out. I think what I was trying to express (this was before I even touched my coffee, of course) was that everyone has their issues. No one person is likely to be happy with what they were dealt genetics-wise, and IMHO the difference is whether they are willing to work to overcome it. Some will, some won't.
Sounds like the OP is trying to, so kudos to him.

asmolenski
03-25-2008, 07:17 AM
The beautiful thing about bodybuilding is that no two physiques are alike. Arnold, Franco and Zane all had markedly different body types but they all won the Olympia. Work with what God gave you and if you want it bad enough you will build a great body. I am a firm believer in getting lean first - what's the use of bodybuilding if your muscles are covered up with a layer of fat? Cut your fat to less than 10% and then start adding lean mass - and remember you dont have to be the biggest guy to win - Zane only weighed 185 lbs when he won the Olympia!

deags
03-25-2008, 08:05 AM

I HATE people like this!! LOL!

namtrag
03-25-2008, 12:06 PM
The beautiful thing about bodybuilding is that no two physiques are alike. Arnold, Franco and Zane all had markedly different body types but they all won the Olympia. Work with what God gave you and if you want it bad enough you will build a great body. I am a firm believer in getting lean first - what's the use of bodybuilding if your muscles are covered up with a layer of fat? Cut your fat to less than 10% and then start adding lean mass - and remember you dont have to be the biggest guy to win - Zane only weighed 185 lbs when he won the Olympia!

What do you do if your body type is like Homer Simpson's and you want to be a bodybuilder? lol

Capnwilliam
03-25-2008, 12:26 PM
What do you do if your body type is like Homer Simpson's and you want to be a bodybuilder? lol

Work hard, and get better: but you won't ever win contests.

Jim

asmolenski
03-25-2008, 03:41 PM

I believe that behind the fat of every Homer Simpson is a set of muscles just waiting to be set free. I think the fat guys make better body builders than the skinny guys because once they get rid of the fat we know they can pack on some muscle - its just a matter of whether they can be disciplined enough to get ripped and stay that way while they add lean mass. I may be going out on a limb here but I think Homer would kick some serious but in a contest if he had the right coach!

namtrag
03-25-2008, 03:50 PM
I believe that behind the fat of every Homer Simpson is a set of muscles just waiting to be set free. I think the fat guys make better body builders than the skinny guys because once they get rid of the fat we know they can pack on some muscle - its just a matter of whether they can be disciplined enough to get ripped and stay that way while they add lean mass. I may be going out on a limb here but I think Homer would kick some serious but in a contest if he had the right coach!

Always serious, aren't you!

Seriously, you are probably right. It would be interesting to body type some of the greats in bodybuilding and see how many of them were endo or endo/meso.

redweston
03-25-2008, 04:05 PM
If you have put on size but you are lacking definition. It's diet related. You are probably siting on your maintenance calorie level. Try cutting some calories to bring out the definition.

Diet, Lift, Sleep ! and some more diet!

Keeponpumpin!-red

Whiskeyjack
03-25-2008, 06:48 PM

This is one of the best descriptions I've read of the so-called elusive "average" physique type. Lukamar's advice should make some difference.