PDA

View Full Version : ABS Diet

josepht1968
03-24-2008, 12:27 PM
Anyone have any thoughts / experience on the Abs Diet? I have read the book and it looks great and logical.

However, has anyone tried it? Nutrition has suddenly become my weak spot (embarrassed to admit) and I need to get back on track after several months of falling off the wagon. I only have myself to blame despite blaming my job for it.

Look forward to anyone's insight.

Vitamin C
03-24-2008, 12:49 PM
The only concerns I have regarding the Abs Diet's guidelines are that it does not suggest counting calories and does not recommend very much protein.

However, I believe it to be a sound program that anyone can benefit from.

Make sure to keep your calories in check and - more importantly - be consistent.

It would help if you would start a log in the workout journals section on this forum, letting everyone know what your goals are, what you are eating (and when), as well as your workout routine.

HeatherAC
03-25-2008, 09:49 AM
Anyone have any thoughts / experience on the Abs Diet? I have read the book and it looks great and logical.

However, has anyone tried it? Nutrition has suddenly become my weak spot (embarrassed to admit) and I need to get back on track after several months of falling off the wagon. I only have myself to blame despite blaming my job for it.

Look forward to anyone's insight.

I know a few people who have tried and liked it. I agree with Vitamin C - make sure you're getting plenty of protein and taking it easy on the empty carbs. :)

digitalgoodtime
03-25-2008, 10:14 AM
A much better diet book (IMO) from Men's Health is the TNT Diet. TNT stands for Targeted Nutrition Tactics. The book has sections about why saturated fat is good for you, it stresses the importance of restricting carbs if you're a regular person who's trying to cut fat, and it tackles everything with science. it was an excellent read for me, though i don't "follow" the diet per se. If you read it, your nutritional knowledge will significantly increase. and it's written in layman's terms too so you won't get confused.

guitdrm13
03-25-2008, 10:23 AM
i first bought this book back in 1-07 and used this as the foundation of my nutrition basics. since then i have done much more research but everything i have found seems to be inline with what the ABS Diet book as to say.

when i applied what it said in 4-07, i ended up loosing 35lbs in about 5 months....i did not look much into the workout portion, only used it for eating right, but that 35lbs was with limited working out.

good luck!