PDA

View Full Version : How does this plan look?

oojoe24oo
03-22-2008, 03:07 PM
I currently weigh 225 and looking to cut down to 200-210. I do cardio roughly 30min-1hr 5 times a week, along with 3 days a week of weight lifting. Is this too little calories?
Wakeup around 11 AM

12AM - 2 cans of tuna + perdue grilled chicken = 660 calories

2PM - 1 banana = 100 calories

4PM - Jello pudding = 100 calories

6PM - Footlong grilled chicken from subway - 750 calories

8PM - Fruit or low fat granola bar - 150 calories

Total calories = around 1800 cals

I also drink alot of water/diet coke throughout the day. I plan on doing this plan 5 days a week, then on the weekend have 1 day of maitenence calories, and then 1 cheat day where I have around 3500-4000 calories.

oojoe24oo
03-22-2008, 09:14 PM
ne1?

chuckyhol
03-22-2008, 09:25 PM
Yeah, you have some problems. First, you have 5 meals, which while one less than is optimal is fine. However, your calories are spaced out too badly. Each meal should be 1/5 of your total daily intake.

The reason you are eating these meals so often is so your metabolism continues to burn calories. Try making each meal roughly the same.

Another thing, why diet coke? Just drink water. If you're serious about getting lean, you should be eating AND drinking clean. look at the crap in diet coke - sure it may be 0calories, but your body hates the stuff it's made of. Just go water, and aim for at least a gallon a day spread out across the day.

Now, asking if this is too many or too few calories is hard - we don't know what you want. If you're really busting your ass in the weight room and when you do cardio, you want to be taking in maintenance calories. You won't put on muscle, but you won't lose it while your body fat decreases.

Charles