PDA

View Full Version : from 125lbs to 144 in 2 days

uselessgomez
03-22-2008, 10:59 AM
so i weighed in at 125lbs on wednesday night for my fight. after my fight which was on thursday night, i ate everything in sight! this morning i woke up at the scale ready 144.5.

haha man my abs are completely gone and i feel like such a fatty! i think ill eat my sorrows away with some chunky monkey

Sibrek
03-22-2008, 11:08 AM
Well...you probably only gained a couple of real pounds of fat, if that makes you feel better

androyd
03-22-2008, 11:11 AM
Most of what you gained back is water weight, just as most of which you originally lost to make your weight class was water weight.

So did you kick that guy's ass or what?

JennaClaire
03-22-2008, 11:16 AM
3500x19.5= 68,250 ........ I don't doubt that if you spent every waking moment- that you could achieve that, but I still don't think you really put on 19.5 lbs in such a short time. The 68k isn't even including how much you're burning a day. Did you cut a lot of water weight prior to weighing yourself on wednesday?

theoryTim
03-22-2008, 11:22 AM
Wow that is like saying you lost 10lbs by taking a dump and not peeing either.

On a more important note since you didn't post your results in the other thread I responded to you - what was the outcome of the fight?

uselessgomez
03-22-2008, 11:26 AM
haha yeah i know tha its not 19 pounds of fat, my girl just tripped out cause of what the scale said

and i only cut 4 pounds of water weight for the fight but i dieted from 142 to 129 for the fight.

oh and yeah i ended up choking the guy out in the first round

theoryTim
03-22-2008, 11:39 AM
Damn man thats a record or something (the weight thing.)

Is the scale reliable? Did you use the same scale you used before fight weigh in? That's trippy man.

Congraulations on your fight! The infamous chokehold! He probably had no guard what-so-ever and was an easy attack and win.

Do you by chance have a video of the fight? I'm a MMA fan (no homo intended.)

uselessgomez
03-22-2008, 11:47 AM
Damn man thats a record or something (the weight thing.)

Is the scale reliable? Did you use the same scale you used before fight weigh in? That's trippy man.

Congraulations on your fight! The infamous chokehold! He probably had no guard what-so-ever and was an easy attack and win.

Do you by chance have a video of the fight? I'm a MMA fan (no homo intended.)

an hour before the fight i weighed 137.

and we touched gloves threw a few punches he kicked and i caught it and took him down to side control, got his back and sunk in the rear naked choke. fight was 41 seconds

i dont have the video, i have to get it from comcast

theoryTim
03-22-2008, 01:32 PM
an hour before the fight i weighed 137.

and we touched gloves threw a few punches he kicked and i caught it and took him down to side control, got his back and sunk in the rear naked choke. fight was 41 seconds

i dont have the video, i have to get it from comcast

I bet that guy feels like a jackass. Just think though, besides a win you probably helped that guy in the aspect of improving his guard. Atleast hopefully anyway lol.

uselessgomez
03-23-2008, 11:39 AM
I bet that guy feels like a jackass. Just think though, besides a win you probably helped that guy in the aspect of improving his guard. Atleast hopefully anyway lol.

he asked for a rematch right after the fight. i was like ummm okay i guyess

consciouschef
03-23-2008, 11:48 AM
Wow strong steaming pile of bull****

uselessgomez
03-23-2008, 12:08 PM
Wow strong steaming pile of bull****

huh?

DavidKH
03-23-2008, 12:13 PM
has your weight come down yet?

uselessgomez
03-23-2008, 01:13 PM
has your weight come down yet?

like 2 pounds or so

bunnybuilder
03-24-2008, 03:51 PM
that's not impossible at all.
I wrestled at the college level and cut all the way from 160 all the way to 125.
I'd make weight the day of the match and two days later I'd be weighing 135 without even trying to eat a lot but just eating normal...I was that dehydrated and was cutting that much water weight.
I would lose upwards to 6 lbs of water weight in just an hour and a half practice. I would sometimes be as much as 138 two days before a match and just run the **** out of myself with all kinds of sweats on.

on the last day of my wrestling career I weighed in at 125. Two days later (when I was eating as much as I could) I weighed 140ish.
and this was nothing compared to some of my friends on the team.
I once saw one of my friends go from weighing in at 133 on the first day of a 3 day tournament (friday). He went 2 and out and had to stay with the team in minesota for the rest of the weekend. All he did was eat and drink and eat and repeat. When we got back on Sunday night he weighed an unbelievable 158 lbs. He had packed on 25 lbs of water weight etc. in some odd 50 hours or so. This is no lie. Most of you just have no idea what true "weight cutting" is. Wrestlers know all to well.
and don't throw your calories x 19.5 etc. calculations at me and tell me it's impossible because I watched the kid weigh in at 133 and I was standing there just two days later when he weighed 158. You have to factor in water weight and muscle memory....it isn't all just about calories. Sure calories are how weight works in the grand scheme of things but water weight has a lot to do with the short term. For example after a night of drinking I way atleast 5 lbs more than my usual weight...but that weight evaporates within a few hours.