PDA

View Full Version : diet help!! please.

eddie232323
03-21-2008, 10:21 PM
im trying to loose some fat. gain some muscle. i guess i am cutting? on october 15 i started a special k for breakfeast at 8 and subway at 4:30 diet. i lost 65 pounds. last week i changed it up and my diet somewhat looks like this. please tell me if it is ok for CUTTING i guess(loosing fat, maintaining muscle.) im lifting heavy and playing fullcourt basketball after evrey weight workout session. my diet varies so im putting both things i have one day to the next. im 16 btw and this is on a school day so i have to budget with time.

EDIT: 2 weeks ago body fat was 20%. height is around 5'9. and weight is 185 pounds

breakfeast: 8:00 am
2 cups special K cereal with 2 cups 1% milk or
4-5 egg whites with 2 slices of whole wheat toast and a slice of low fat turkey.
Dynatize Elite 12 hour Protein Shake , 2 scoops with water

snack: 11: am
piece of lean turkey and piece of lean ham

lunch: 1:35
sandwich( 2 whole weat breads) with 2 peices of lean ham and turkey. lettuce tomato and other veggies. pickles. mustard. and 2 egg whites.
or
whole weat bread tuna sandwich , replacing the ham and turkey.
or a mcdonalds grilled chicken salad(no dressing)

snack: after school. 4:00-4:30
i need an alternative for this one please help.
2 cups of special k with 2 cups of milk
or
some egg whites with a slice of whole weat bread( i havent tried this one but i just thought of it now)
or maybe again some turkey and ham?

workout : starts at about 5:30
i get home at about 7:30-8:00
it varies.

dinner: after workout.
usually some chicken breast or lean steak
brown rice or whole weat spaghetti or pasta.
with some whole weat bread(2)
and sometimes i throw in a couple of egg whites

post workout shake: Dynatize Elite 12 hour protein

thennnn im off to bed.

What do you think? Help me, please

joeflex73
03-21-2008, 10:59 PM
Need a little info, like height, weight, bf% if you know offhand.

1 thing I see for sure is, the 11am snack, make it more impactful, get yourself some protein bars.

eddie232323
03-21-2008, 11:05 PM
my height is about 5'9
2 weeks ago my body fat was at 20%
idk what its at now
and my weight is 185 pounds

Holly_
03-21-2008, 11:08 PM
Do you have any idea how much preservatives are in Subway? Dont eat it!

eddie232323
03-21-2008, 11:11 PM
i ate it in my old diet. resulting in 65 pound weight loss. but im not doing that diet anymore. i was only eating 2 meals a day and since 2 weeks ago i changed my diet to the one just posted.

eddie232323
03-22-2008, 09:54 AM
bump

ThaRock
03-22-2008, 10:21 AM
Do you have any idea how much preservatives are in Subway? Dont eat it!

I agree.. I still eat it sometimes though.. Probly the healthiest fast food compared to others >.<

ThaRock
03-22-2008, 10:24 AM
im trying to loose some fat. gain some muscle. i guess i am cutting? on october 15 i started a special k for breakfeast at 8 and subway at 4:30 diet. i lost 65 pounds. last week i changed it up and my diet somewhat looks like this. please tell me if it is ok for CUTTING i guess(loosing fat, maintaining muscle.) im lifting heavy and playing fullcourt basketball after evrey weight workout session. my diet varies so im putting both things i have one day to the next. im 16 btw and this is on a school day so i have to budget with time.

EDIT: 2 weeks ago body fat was 20%. height is around 5'9. and weight is 185 pounds

breakfeast: 8:00 am
2 cups special K cereal with 2 cups 1% milk or
4-5 egg whites with 2 slices of whole wheat toast and a slice of low fat turkey.
Dynatize Elite 12 hour Protein Shake , 2 scoops with water

snack: 11: am
piece of lean turkey and piece of lean ham

lunch: 1:35
sandwich( 2 whole weat breads) with 2 peices of lean ham and turkey. lettuce tomato and other veggies. pickles. mustard. and 2 egg whites.
or
whole weat bread tuna sandwich , replacing the ham and turkey.
or a mcdonalds grilled chicken salad(no dressing)

snack: after school. 4:00-4:30
i need an alternative for this one please help.
2 cups of special k with 2 cups of milk
or
some egg whites with a slice of whole weat bread( i havent tried this one but i just thought of it now)
or maybe again some turkey and ham?

workout : starts at about 5:30
i get home at about 7:30-8:00
it varies.

dinner: after workout.
usually some chicken breast or lean steak
brown rice or whole weat spaghetti or pasta.
with some whole weat bread(2)
and sometimes i throw in a couple of egg whites

post workout shake: Dynatize Elite 12 hour protein

thennnn im off to bed.

What do you think? Help me, please

And in this diet.. It's good dude I dont see much wrong with it.. But id take out ham and just use the turkey.. And try to add more fruit and veggies in this diet.