PDA

View Full Version : Upper Body Bodybuilding Competition

Pairunoyd
03-21-2008, 11:04 PM
Wasn't sure where to post this weird thread, but since I'm 35+...

I've always paid special attention to training all my body parts equally. However, as you know, some of us have better parts than others. I have the typical small legs syndrome. What's funny is that my butt is well developed, but as you travel south, I get less and less gifted.

I think it'd be cool to have bodybuilding contests where you're judged solely on your upper body. Is there such a thing?

lukamar
03-21-2008, 11:09 PM

I think it'd be cool to have bodybuilding contests where you're judged solely on your upper body.

You are right you probably posted this in the wrong section. Better in the teen section as they are mostly only upper body obsessed.

Why not do what i do and work on your legs? It's not about one big body part or body section it's about symmetry.

Pairunoyd
03-22-2008, 12:42 AM
You are right you probably posted this in the wrong section. Better in the teen section as they are mostly only upper body obsessed.

Why not do what i do and work on your legs? It's not about one big body part or body section it's about symmetry.

you obviously are misinformed. read my post once more.

Andrew69
03-22-2008, 12:54 AM
What's funny is that my butt is well developed, but as you travel south, I get less and less gifted.

Correct exercise selection is a wonderful thing.

thomasale
03-22-2008, 04:02 AM
been around long enough to know better

Skidmarx
03-22-2008, 05:59 AM
Sounds like you need to train legs harder

SR800
03-22-2008, 06:15 AM
Yes there is, google up the "fear of squats and deads pageant" Good-Luck!

jtroster
03-22-2008, 06:22 AM
There are contests for wheelchair bodybuilders.

Baldiewonkanobi
03-22-2008, 06:47 AM
"Typical small legs syndrome"?? WTF?

Son, you will continue to get a resounding thumping from your brothers in here. I would like to to be the first in line to tie your butt to the power rack with a whip in one hand and a bucket of protein in the other. If you expected a Dr. Phil or Oprah responce.....sorry.

asmolenski
03-22-2008, 08:09 AM
I am looking for a contest where everyone wear's "wife beaters" and they only judge the arms...

ironwill2008
03-22-2008, 10:01 AM
Yet another post headed towards big laffs!

lukamar
03-22-2008, 10:01 AM
you obviously are misinformed. read my post once more.

I did and you still need to work your legs. Everyone has a body part that's slow to go. Figure out what works for your legs. I have a problem with my thighs but not with my calves I just work on it.

Possibly you could have your competition in the dark that way everyone would have a chance, even skinny leg syndrome guys.

Dave76
03-22-2008, 11:08 AM
So, does anyone know of a bodybuilding contest where the judges ignore everything from the waist to the lower chest? I'm a little overdeveloped in that area but I'd sure like to win a contest somewhere.

lukamar
03-22-2008, 11:15 AM
So, does anyone know of a bodybuilding contest where the judges ignore everything from the waist to the lower chest? I'm a little overdeveloped in that area but I'd sure like to win a contest somewhere.

I think I got a spam mail saying for $59.99 they would send you a certificate from a well known source. They said no lifting involved...LOL

Dave76
03-22-2008, 11:17 AM
I think I got a spam mail saying for $59.99 they would send you a certificate from a well known source. They said no lifting involved...LOL

Great! A Nigerian certificate would be fine with me.

Roger035
03-22-2008, 11:20 AM
Work on the legs, AND HIT THEM HARD !!!!

ntrllftr
03-22-2008, 01:35 PM
I think it'd be cool to have bodybuilding contests where you're judged solely on your upper body. Is there such a thing?

No excuse for this type of pitty. I am living proof that you can overcome this.

You cant just coast through workouts and get bigger. You have to bust your ass to do it period! Now get to it.

chodan9
03-22-2008, 04:25 PM
bF85l-_4OI4

ntrllftr
03-22-2008, 04:30 PM
bF85l-_4OI4

LMAO

M.J.F.
03-22-2008, 07:10 PM
Natural bodybuilding is all about enjoying the entire journey! Not just part of it. To complete not just the entire picture but an over all balanced and healthy physique you need to start visiting the squat rack.

Pairunoyd
03-23-2008, 12:26 PM
"Typical small legs syndrome"?? WTF?

Son, you will continue to get a resounding thumping from your brothers in here. I would like to to be the first in line to tie your butt to the power rack with a whip in one hand and a bucket of protein in the other. If you expected a Dr. Phil or Oprah responce.....sorry.

Dude, I've squatted so many times it aint even funny. I always preach doing squats. It's just a simple fact that I have a hard time building lower thigh and calf muscle. Why? Cause there's very little tissue there!!! I used to have extreme bird legs and now my thighs are probably average size but a little more muscular than avg. My calves are below avg size with below avg muscularity. It's not necessarily what you've got but where you've come from. And I've come a loooong way, baby!

Whiskeyjack
03-23-2008, 12:32 PM

My thoughts exactly. I don't know that they exist, but I imagine they do.

EMISGOD
03-23-2008, 12:45 PM

I've always paid special attention to training all my body parts equally. However, as you know, some of us have better parts than others. I have the typical small legs syndrome. What's funny is that my butt is well developed, but as you travel south, I get less and less gifted.

Dude, I've squatted so many times it aint even funny. I always preach doing squats. It's just a simple fact that I have a hard time building lower thigh and calf muscle. Why? Cause there's very little tissue there!!! I used to have extreme bird legs and now my thighs are probably average size but a little more muscular than avg. My calves are below avg size with below avg muscularity. It's not necessarily what you've got but where you've come from. And I've come a loooong way, baby!

Keep working hard.

I will echo the thoughts of the fellow posters above and observe that Legs are about half of your body, so cutting them out seems bizarre, at best. I've seen and known a lot of people who seem to have extreme difficulty building their Legs and it always comes down to fishing around to find a training program that works for their body type. The good news is that there is always a way to do it. The bad news is that it may take a little while to find it, particularly if you're unfamiliar with how your body responds and/or are not sure where the optimal development comes.

ntrllftr
03-23-2008, 12:48 PM
My thoughts exactly. I don't know that they exist, but I imagine they do.

Yes, there is wheelchair shows.

http://www.wheelchair-bodybuilding.com/2008_wheelchair_nationals

Whiskeyjack
03-23-2008, 12:54 PM
Yes, there is wheelchair shows.

http://www.wheelchair-bodybuilding.com/2008_wheelchair_nationals

This is tremendous, and inspiring! Had no idea this existed. Of course, in the available pics, there seems to be quite a disparity of quality, but it remains uplifting to me.

lukamar
03-23-2008, 05:40 PM
Natural bodybuilding is all about enjoying the entire journey!

I have a saying on the back of my promo shirts. "The Journey IS the Reward"

BlondeAmazon
03-23-2008, 08:23 PM
I am looking for a contest where everyone wear's "wife beaters" and they only judge the arms...

LOLOLOLOL!!!

SR800
03-24-2008, 06:40 PM
To the OP, try taking on this guy and see how you do

http://www.wheelchair-bodybuilding.com/inc/iview/1734?idx=108&p=9704

SR800
03-24-2008, 06:41 PM
or this guy:

http://www.wheelchair-bodybuilding.com/inc/iview/1734?idx=31&p=9362

or an over 35er

http://www.wheelchair-bodybuilding.com/inc/iview/1734?idx=51&p=1139

bigeugene
03-24-2008, 07:12 PM
Yet another post headed towards big laffs!

Yes it is! I'm chuckling.