PDA

View Full Version : Animal Pak.....When should I take them...??

Werloc
03-21-2008, 06:12 PM
OK, I just picked up a can of Animal Paks. I took these years ago when I was lifting heavily. I was wondering what time of day should I take this? Below is my typical daily intake/routine. Keep in mind, I'm also trying to loose fat.

4:00 AM: Black coffee and ephedrine, then 45 minutes on either treadmill or bike.
5:00 AM: 8 egg whites
7:00 AM: Plain oatmeal and 4 egg whites
9:00 AM: Protein bar
12:00 PM Lunch: 1 boiled chicken breast shreaded over romane lettuce, 6 egg whites and unsweetened iced tea.
3:30 PM: Protein bar on the way home from work.
4:30 PM: Drink grape juice with Creatine and Glutamine then "Workout"
6:00 PM: Post workout Protein shake.
8:00 PM: Dinner, either grilled Chicken or Turkey breast, Salmon, Talapia, or lean Steak, with steamed veggie's and small salad, unsweetened iced tea. 2 days a week, I'll have some Pasta, or Potato for carbs.
10:00 PM: Protein shake.
10:30 PM: Bed time.

With that being laid out, when should I take the Animal Paks?

Thanks

tjrob
03-21-2008, 06:14 PM
Thirty minutes after the preworkout meal.

bigeugene
03-21-2008, 06:23 PM
I take with my dinner post workout.

However, I was just over on an Animal thread in Supp section and the Animal Reps were saying they take theirs w/ their larger morning meal (so for you, looks like 7am w/ oatmeal and eggs if that's the way you want to go).

I think any time is fine, really, as long as you take with food.

chodan9
03-21-2008, 06:23 PM
I take mine post workout with breakfast

lukamar
03-21-2008, 07:57 PM
I take mine when I first get up with lots of water. Mostly because I would forget to take it otherwise.

thomasale
03-22-2008, 04:10 AM
AM first thing like lukamar

Bulldog92
03-22-2008, 10:15 AM
usually in the morning. I usually hit the gym early in the morning and I take the Animal Cuts and Animal Pump prior to going with my protein shake. After an hour or so post gym, I take the Animal Pak and Animal Flex packets with my breakfast. So pre or post workout will probably work fine in my opinon...what I try to insure is maximum absorption into my sys. I think taking with a little protein with the supps has worked for me.

Nothing scientific here, just what I've found that works well for me. We are all different...so that fact that you are disciplined about taking them every day I think is the key. good luck and keep pressing.

dmangiarelli
03-22-2008, 11:08 AM
I normally take them 60-90 minutes before I workout with my preWO meal. PAK has all kinds of Aminos in it which will help you with protein synthesis. The time you are working out and directly after is the most anabolic time your body goes through. Having all those aminos floating around your body will help to build and repair muscle tissue. The antioxidants will help to shuttle metabolic waste out of the muscles and out of the body. And the minerals will help with organ optimization. Pak also has a bunch of digestive enzymes in it that help to shuttle nutrients from your meal into the muscle...

Roger035
03-22-2008, 11:27 AM
30-45 minutes pre-workout with small meal ( usually with protein shake and creatine ).

Good thread. I was always wondering when everyone else took the pak.

Iron Barbarian
03-22-2008, 02:27 PM
I usually take them Post Workout with my protein drink.

catmando
03-22-2008, 04:14 PM
I take mine when I first get up with lots of water. Mostly because I would forget to take it otherwise.
Yep right before first protein intake.

antonbrn
03-22-2008, 06:58 PM
I take mine in the morning with breakfast. I also take animal pak 30 minutes preworkout.

bulldog71
03-22-2008, 09:01 PM
OK, I just picked up a can of Animal Paks. I took these years ago when I was lifting heavily. I was wondering what time of day should I take this? Below is my typical daily intake/routine. Keep in mind, I'm also trying to loose fat.

4:00 AM: Black coffee and ephedrine, then 45 minutes on either treadmill or bike.
5:00 AM: 8 egg whites
7:00 AM: Plain oatmeal and 4 egg whites
9:00 AM: Protein bar
12:00 PM Lunch: 1 boiled chicken breast shreaded over romane lettuce, 6 egg whites and unsweetened iced tea.
3:30 PM: Protein bar on the way home from work.
4:30 PM: Drink grape juice with Creatine and Glutamine then "Workout"
6:00 PM: Post workout Protein shake.
8:00 PM: Dinner, either grilled Chicken or Turkey breast, Salmon, Talapia, or lean Steak, with steamed veggie's and small salad, unsweetened iced tea. 2 days a week, I'll have some Pasta, or Potato for carbs.
10:00 PM: Protein shake.
10:30 PM: Bed time.

With that being laid out, when should I take the Animal Paks?

Thanks

No offense intended to you in any way, so please don't take what I'm about to say personally. With only 5 1/2 hours of sleep, the last thing you should be focusing on is what time to take your vitamins. Just take them, and get a couple more hours of sleep a day!

Werloc
03-23-2008, 07:50 AM
bulldog71,
Yeah, I know. Those times aren't EXACT. I do get at least 6 hours. Slill not enough. But, I work in the Medical field and my days start very early. My wife gets home at around 6:30 PM so I need to spend time with her. Realistically, I normally fall asleep on the couch around 8:30...LOL I know 6 hours isn't enough sleep, but for now, I'm more concerned about fat loss. Just want to do what I did about 15 years ago. I went from a 44" waist, down to a 32" and held it off for 9 years. I'm just trying to get the most with what I have to work with. Once I loose some more weight, I'll start waking up a 5:00 AM.

No worries, I know everyone here is here to help out. I don't take anything the wrong way....:D

fuelish1
03-23-2008, 07:52 AM
I feel for ya on that sleep thing....I'm a 4:30am to 10:30pm guy myself.....I guess ya do what ya gotta do!

Baldiewonkanobi
03-23-2008, 08:46 AM
One thing about this product is that the ingredients are 90% dead on perfect. I could not find the MGs/MCGs of each ingredient. I would also suppliment with the Animal Omegas if I were an Animal fan.

Anything with Bs and other stimulants seem for most peeps best taken with first main meal. NEVER alone because your enzymes and stomach acids will zap them big time.

My new concern with all suppliments is whether or not the ingredents come from China and then mixed, flavored, and/or pressed into pills/capsules here in the USA.

If the China connection does not concern you then you might wish to Google Baxter Labs and Heperin.

dmangiarelli
03-23-2008, 11:07 AM
One thing about this product is that the ingredients are 90% dead on perfect. I could not find the MGs/MCGs of each ingredient. I would also suppliment with the Animal Omegas if I were an Animal fan.

Anything with Bs and other stimulants seem for most peeps best taken with first main meal. NEVER alone because your enzymes and stomach acids will zap them big time.

My new concern with all suppliments is whether or not the ingredents come from China and then mixed, flavored, and/or pressed into pills/capsules here in the USA.

If the China connection does not concern you then you might wish to Google Baxter Labs and Heperin.

My wife is a Dialysis nurse and this affected her in a huge way since most of her patients are on Heprin. It's a huge problem as the quality control issues continue to mount in products coming from China. The tradeoff for cheap labor is not great!

naturalguy
03-23-2008, 06:05 PM
I personally take them with my first solid food meal of the day. Timing will not make a huge difference however you should take them with solid food.

TANK25
03-23-2008, 06:41 PM
1/2hour before my workouts and first thing in the morning on my non workout days.

farsscf
03-23-2008, 07:26 PM
20 minutes after pre workout meal, and all that stuff Dman said

bulldog71
03-23-2008, 08:58 PM
bulldog71,
Yeah, I know. Those times aren't EXACT. I do get at least 6 hours. Slill not enough. But, I work in the Medical field and my days start very early. My wife gets home at around 6:30 PM so I need to spend time with her. Realistically, I normally fall asleep on the couch around 8:30...LOL I know 6 hours isn't enough sleep, but for now, I'm more concerned about fat loss. Just want to do what I did about 15 years ago. I went from a 44" waist, down to a 32" and held it off for 9 years. I'm just trying to get the most with what I have to work with. Once I loose some more weight, I'll start waking up a 5:00 AM.

No worries, I know everyone here is here to help out. I don't take anything the wrong way....:D

Good goals to shoot for! Whereabouts in Jersey are you?

Bronzebird
03-23-2008, 11:43 PM
I take mine in the morning with breakfast. I also take animal pak 30 minutes preworkout.

Agreed that if your lifting hard and heavy. Large body over 200lbs then extra Vits are recommended from the manufacture. Other wise the recommend 30 minutes after pre-workout meal. I workout in evenings and mornings so I take 30-45 minutes before workout with protein shake, pre-workout Storm, and finish with post workout Torrent. I eat about an hour after workout.
I'm getting stronger and bigger and I'm a hard gainer without the supps.

Werloc
03-24-2008, 03:33 AM
Good goals to shoot for! Whereabouts in Jersey are you?

I'm in Manville, Somerset County.

Stevelegh
03-24-2008, 09:52 AM
How good is this stuff incidentally?

I'm taking Berocca (domestic multivitimin), but it seems that this stuff is the 'only' thing to use.

Does anyone have any examples of gains when going on this?

The reason I ask is it seems that there's a ton of product out there and you can fill your cupboards and empty your bank account pretty easy.

I look forward to comments.

naturalguy
03-24-2008, 10:43 AM
How good is this stuff incidentally?

I'm taking Berocca (domestic multivitimin), but it seems that this stuff is the 'only' thing to use.

Does anyone have any examples of gains when going on this?

The reason I ask is it seems that there's a ton of product out there and you can fill your cupboards and empty your bank account pretty easy.

I look forward to comments.

Animal Pak is a multivitamin, performance optimizers, amino's, efa's and digestive complex in one product. That being said I wouldn't expect gains from your multi however it's the foundation of your nutrition program.

As far as feedback:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=312

Thunderman
03-24-2008, 10:51 AM
I am a 3:30 to 9:30 guy here. Sucks ass, but them's the breaks in my field of business.

I feel for ya on that sleep thing....I'm a 4:30am to 10:30pm guy myself.....I guess ya do what ya gotta do!