PDA

View Full Version : Dieting down and skin elasticity for over 35 competitors....

PeggyVreeland
03-21-2008, 04:20 PM
I'm getting back onto the competition stage after 10 years off...

I've stayed fit, but I'm wondering if I should do anything specific in regard to making sure my skin shrinks against the muscles like it used to.

I am not far from my competition weight (about 10-14lbs out), but don't want to find out, last minute, that there is something I should have done differently to show my progress once I step on the stage.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Peg

lukamar
03-21-2008, 10:11 PM
I'm wondering if I should do anything specific in regard to making sure my skin shrinks against the muscles like it used to.

Bump

My wife is always asking what she can do as well. Maybe one of the female competitors will have some suggestions.

oldsuperman
03-21-2008, 11:48 PM
Well Peg.....

Checked out your profile and ......

Your pic's are a.......

Well your pic's are very....

What's the question? ...

LOL! I don't think you're gonna have any lose skin issues. You are beautiful!
ed

SR800
03-22-2008, 06:27 AM
I have to agree with supe, I just checked your profile and....uh.... what was the question?

Skidmarx
03-22-2008, 06:35 AM
Smokin' pics. :)

Damon Smith
03-22-2008, 06:41 AM
I don't think you will have any problems.:D

ArchAngel'73
03-22-2008, 07:53 AM
I don't think you will have any problems.:D

x2
but when you've been dieting for months and are getting paranoid about the details its nice to have all the bases covered.;)
Apricot Kernal Oil will help.
Prep H will not.

Good luck to you!:)

asmolenski
03-22-2008, 08:00 AM
Peg:

I agree with the others in that I think you have nothing to worry about but if you are really concerned then you can try a product that Mary Kay sells called "Cellushape" - they have a daytime body moisturizer and a nighttime body gel that is supposed to "tone, firm and moisturize" the skin. My wife sells Mary Kay and she gave me some to try as I am also cutting fat and my skin is getting wrinkly in areas. To be honest I havent been using it so I cant tell you if it works or not for me but alot of women use it. You can email my wife Donna at cudlmufn@aol.com and she will ship it out to you if you want to try it.

Allen

Cgb6810
03-22-2008, 09:02 AM
I'm getting back onto the competition stage after 10 years off...

I've stayed fit, but I'm wondering if I should do anything specific in regard to making sure my skin shrinks against the muscles like it used to.

I am not far from my competition weight (about 10-14lbs out), but don't want to find out, last minute, that there is something I should have done differently to show my progress once I step on the stage.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Peg

Staying close to your contest weight is your best bet against loose skin IMO. Im your age, but in my quest for more size, I usually add more then I would like to in the off season. Having to lose 40+ lbs will increase my chances for loose skin.

Taking the weight off slowly helps too.

And yes, you look "marvelous"!

PeggyVreeland
03-22-2008, 10:57 AM
x2
but when you've been dieting for months and are getting paranoid about the details its nice to have all the bases covered.;)
Apricot Kernal Oil will help.
Prep H will not.

Good luck to you!:)

Thank you! ALL of you! I'll try the Apricot Kernal Oil. I take fish oil tablets now, to keep my skin and hair nice. It's not that I think I'm going to have skin hanging. I just know that in the last few days, when I cut water, I'm not sure what to expect. In the past competitions, my skin really thinned out and showed the muscle very well. I'm just hoping age hasn't changed that too much.

I generally stay within about 20lbs of my contest weight, and I'm not doing bodybuilding, so that should help. I'll also look into the Mary Kay product. Thank you all so much for the help and the votes of confidence.

I'm not competing in a Masters category, so I'll be on stage with women almost 20 years younger....part of that is exciting, the other part is a bit intimidating!

Hugs
Peg