PDA

View Full Version : Looking to tweak morning intake

liftiron68
03-21-2008, 07:55 AM
Ok... I have just switched from cardio and losing fat to lifting to gain muscle. I am not a hard gainer, just was never focused in the past. Current goal is to go from 183 to 200. I'm looking to do this safe and clean, how fast is not a concern for me.

So here's the dig... the only solid time I have to workout and focus is right in the morning. Yeap, I'm in the gym at 5am, and yes it does work for me. However, I have a hard time carb'ing up before the workout.

Here is what I do:
Pre-workout
4 scoops Champion Amino Shooter + Energy (5g creatine) AND 4 scoops of Cytocarb II (210 cal and 53g carb)

Post-workout
Animal Nitro
30 minutes later CytoGainer (870 cal)

If I'm understanding the other posts I should be adding eggs (like 3?), oatmeal, and cottage cheese, along with fruits.

Am I on the right track?

Also, I do use the Gainer again mid morning (looking to add to this also).

Thanks,
E

HairyScandinavian
03-21-2008, 07:59 AM
I'm no nutrition expert so FWIW... You may consider a pre-workout shake including waximaize and whey isolate to get that stuff into your body quickly. The waxi is a good fast carb source, about as fast as you can get because it hits the small intestine very quickly. Have some solid food if at all possible post workout.