PDA

View Full Version : OT Forum use

Geoff Richards
03-21-2008, 03:41 AM
whats the deal with subscribing to a thread ?
is there a quick way to see your 'subscriptions' easier ?

gbg
03-21-2008, 03:45 AM
Hey, the computer man asking a computer question! and if I answer this correctly that will really wow me :D
Think under User CP.

Geoff Richards
03-21-2008, 03:47 AM
Hey, the computer man asking a computer question! and if I answer this correctly that will really wow me :D
Think under User CP.

yer a cheeky bugger ;)

and you are correct...thank you very much :D

gbg
03-21-2008, 03:49 AM
Really? dam I'm proud of myself ;) what's a cheeky bugger?

Geoff Richards
03-21-2008, 03:52 AM
Really? dam I'm proud of myself ;) what's a cheeky bugger?

well.....if somethings a 'bugger' it can be difficult or when someone is a 'bit of a bugger' its like bein a bit of a devil
and I figure you know what being cheeky means

gbg
03-21-2008, 04:16 AM
Thanks, seems to be the way the majority feels, and I don't mind at all have always been a "cheeky bugger" :D but what I don't understand is as I read threads and notice that if the male gender makes a comment similar to mine or even worse it is taken as the norm. So my friend please enlighten me :) (again)

MacGyverDel
03-21-2008, 07:12 AM
At the top of the thread under Thread Tools you can add a subscription.

Then above that you may click on Quick Links and sea what the last post was and access that thread with ease. ;)

Many tools that sometimes go undiscovered. Moving your cursor over them and clicking offers much and you may be on the path of site discovery. :p

whats the deal with subscribing to a thread ?
is there a quick way to see your 'subscriptions' easier ?

Here's one I learned from fitty this morn.

Right click a username then click properties and you'll sea the member number. ;)

You are member #417747

Think under User CP.

You are member #428649

I'm member #465824

fitty is member #78 :D

gbg
03-21-2008, 10:43 AM
I think you should teach us 1 computer lesson a day!:)
or anybody that has information...give it up :D still haven't figured out how to respond to multiple quotes, I click on note pad tab and it turns red and I write a quote but the quote I want to respond to doesn't come up. would appreciate some assistance. Thanks john but still a no go :eek:

biggaz
03-21-2008, 11:05 AM
I think you should teach us 1 computer lesson a day!:)
or anybody that has information...give it up :D still haven't figured out how to respond to multiple quotes, I click on note pad tab and it turns red and I write a quote but the quote I want to respond to doesn't come up. would appreciate some assistance. Thanks john but still a no go :eek:

Click all the multi-quotes and quote as well on the last one. Think thats how it works.

gbg
03-21-2008, 11:30 AM
Click all the multi-quotes and quote as well on the last one. Think thats how it works.
This is an experiment please stay seated:)

At the top of the thread under Thread Tools you can add a subscription.
cool thanks!
Then above that you may click on Quick Links and sea what the last post was and access that thread with ease. ;)
You have been very helpful today Del :D (like sea in your sentences)love the sea.
Many tools that sometimes go undiscovered. Moving your cursor over them and clicking offers much and you may be on the path of site discovery. :p

Here's one I learned from fitty this morn.

Right click a username then click properties and you'll sea the member number. ;)

You are member #417747

You are member #428649

I'm member #465824

fitty is member #78 :D

gbg
03-21-2008, 11:32 AM
This experiment has ended and thanks to you has been a success!!! :D

Geoff Richards
03-21-2008, 01:49 PM
Thanks, seems to be the way the majority feels, and I don't mind at all have always been a "cheeky bugger" :D but what I don't understand is as I read threads and notice that if the male gender makes a comment similar to mine or even worse it is taken as the norm. So my friend please enlighten me :) (again)

I have always been a cheeky bigger myself.
When I use that term its in an affectionate way,although depending on the tone it could be used for scolding.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg243/geoff_062/honey_deer.jpg

Im not sure why blokes seem to be able to say what they want and get away with it

gbg
03-21-2008, 02:23 PM
I have always been a cheeky bigger myself.
When I use that term its in an affectionate way,although depending on the tone it could be used for scolding.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg243/geoff_062/honey_deer.jpg

Im not sure why blokes seem to be able to say what they want and get away with it

Oh I would never take anything you say in that direction. Goodnight dear :)