PDA

View Full Version : Gift to the wife (not o/t)

ed819
03-21-2008, 02:04 AM
I purchased tickets to Rock on the Range in Columbus Ohio for May. It is a 2 day show starting @ noon each day and I'm guessing it will end around 9-10 Pm.

Well here is the problem,

I went to the web site for the stadium and read their policys to see what I could pack myself to eat throughout the day. The following was taken from their website:

(No bottles, cans, coolers, containers, food or beverages of any kind, powdered substances)

Then went on to give me a list of food they have for sale (listed below)that I will have to eat considering there is a No Re-Entry Policy. :mad:

(Traditional stadium fare such as brats, hot dogs, popcorn, soda and beer are offered at all concession stands. You can also find pizza at the Donatos Pizzeria, located on the south east corner, lower level concourse or subs at Subway, located on the south west corner, lower level concourse. The Crew Kicker Plaza hosts a variety of food and beverage opportunities)

I actually reserved the hotel based on their fitness room (I KNOW ITS A PICTURE) :) But at least i am trying.

ANY IDEAS OR THOUGHTS ON THIS ONE :D Not going isn't an option.

The Abomination
03-21-2008, 02:07 AM
I purchased tickets to Rock on the Range in Columbus Ohio for May. It is a 2 day show starting @ noon each day and I'm guessing it will end around 9-10 Pm.

Well here is the problem,

I went to the web site for the stadium and read their policys to see what I could pack myself to eat throughout the day. The following was taken from their website:

(No bottles, cans, coolers, containers, food or beverages of any kind, powdered substances)

Then went on to give me a list of food they have for sale (listed below)that I will have to eat considering there is a No Re-Entry Policy. :mad:

(Traditional stadium fare such as brats, hot dogs, popcorn, soda and beer are offered at all concession stands. You can also find pizza at the Donatos Pizzeria, located on the south east corner, lower level concourse or subs at Subway, located on the south west corner, lower level concourse. The Crew Kicker Plaza hosts a variety of food and beverage opportunities)

I actually reserved the hotel based on their fitness room (I KNOW ITS A PICTURE) :) But at least i am trying.

ANY IDEAS OR THOUGHTS ON THIS ONE :D Not going isn't an option.Sorry, but what's available sounds pretty good to me...think about smuggling??

Geoff Richards
03-21-2008, 02:12 AM
dont worry about the food,look after your wife and make sure you both have a good time

Bando
03-21-2008, 04:26 AM
or subs at Subway, located on the south west corner...

You can do all right here, I would research out the nutrients of the meals offered and know what you're gonna get before you get there.

Skidmarx
03-21-2008, 04:55 AM
Smuggle in some scrambled egg sandwiches and a couple bags of mixed nuts.

jimbop99
03-21-2008, 07:20 AM
Smuggle in the beer ....it'll be cheaper. Have a good time.

rbdwarf
03-21-2008, 07:27 AM

<snip>

ANY IDEAS OR THOUGHTS ON THIS ONE :D Not going isn't an option.

Yeah, eat a good, healthy breakfast and lunch before you go so that you only really need one meal and snacks while you're there.

Other than that, relax - two days won't kill you. You're better off enjoying the concert and the time with your wife than you are worrying about the macros in hot dogs.

--
Rob

3speed
03-21-2008, 09:27 AM
Go! Eat! Drink! Have fun!

Pretty Hardcore
03-21-2008, 09:40 AM
Smuggle in some packs of tuna, almonds and protein bars, get a salad at Subway and put your tuna and almonds on it. I've gone to events like this before and had no problem with the food, they were mostly looking for weapons and maybe drugs and alcohol.

ed819
03-21-2008, 10:39 AM
Smuggle in the beer ....it'll be cheaper. Have a good time.

My clothes are fitting pretty loose now so that it an option :)

I have been known to sneak in a ziploc bag full of bourbon in the past, but having to sneak in food that is good for you is terrible.

ed819
03-21-2008, 10:44 AM
[QUOTE=Fit_Focus;143622841]Smuggle in some packs of tuna

Never considered the bags, (I always buy the cans) Thanks!!

Whiskeyjack
03-21-2008, 11:31 AM
dont worry about the food,look after your wife and make sure you both have a good time

Agreed wholeheartedly. Also you can do fairly well, relatively speaking, with a healthy choice sub at Subway. It won't kill you.